Just nabbed the last one of these Seoul LED flashlights (well the first run)- Mtbr.com
    I ride a Swarf

Just nabbed the last one of these Seoul LED flashlights (well the first run)

http://elektrolumens.com/QuadStar-Ph...ar-Phazer.html

Might try and use it as a bar light if I can get a mount sorted and looks suitably water resistant..

I have been pretty lazy with my own light developments. And as I have a broken leg I thought I'd treat my self ..not that I need to do much in the dark at the moment aprt from sleep...... but the exchange rate is good at the moment hehe.

He is only building 50 in the first run now...and I wangled number 50.

With some 3500-4000mAh C cells it should run for a while.

Also....any CPF users here....are you having probs gettingpassword reset at the moment? I can't get a mail back...it accepts the address i give, as when I give my other it says its not a registered address. I mailed sacha...no response,I have even tried creating a new account on the different address...no ,ail back from that either.

Stu
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart B
    http://elektrolumens.com/QuadStar-Ph...ar-Phazer.html

Might try and use it as a bar light if I can get a mount sorted and looks suitably water resistant..

I have been pretty lazy with my own light developments. And as I have a broken leg I thought I'd treat my self ..not that I need to do much in the dark at the moment aprt from sleep...... but the exchange rate is good at the moment hehe.

He is only building 50 in the first run now...and I wangled number 50.

With some 3500-4000mAh C cells it should run for a while.

Also....any CPF users here....are you having probs gettingpassword reset at the moment? I can't get a mail back...it accepts the address i give, as when I give my other it says its not a registered address. I mailed sacha...no response,I have even tried creating a new account on the different address...no ,ail back from that either.

Stu

Wyane makes a great product. I'm sure you'll like this light. Regarding a mount you might look into the CNC'd mount you can but from TurboCat http://www.turbocatusa.com/ttimes_fall98.htm

This is what I used to mount My Little Friend from Wayne.

I ride a Swarf
    Quote Originally Posted by ZipMTB
    Wyane makes a great product. I'm sure you'll like this light. Regarding a mount you might look into the CNC'd mount you can but from TurboCat http://www.turbocatusa.com/ttimes_fall98.htm

This is what I used to mount My Little Friend from Wayne.

Thanks fella. I assume you clamp the light to thepokey out bit with jubilee clips or something.

Wayne seems like a nice guy. I phoned my details to him as he had closed the orders from the web site on unit 49....he let me grab unit 50 luckily. He didn't mind waiting a few hours for me to get back to my computer due to my gammy leg...he even asked about it.

If the specs are accurate and the beam suitable....i might have an equal/better alternative to my HID on the bar. Might be a bit havey for helmet mounting with 3 C cells in it.

I have ordered some 6000mAh nimh C rechargeables too...hopefully their capacity isn't too over hyped/inflated by the manufacturer.

Stu

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Congratulations on the purchase Stu!

It sounds like you’re quite lucky to have got the very last one available! It should definitely make a nice bar light. It looks like a great housing to play with; and if the beam isn’t quite right there are a number of optics and reflectors that you could use. There’s even a number of different quad optics available now from a few manufacturers that you could try too, although I’m not sure if their emitter spacing would be the same or not.

Keep us posted!

Dave.

I ride a Swarf
    Quote Originally Posted by Low_Rider
    Congratulations on the purchase Stu!

It sounds like youíre quite lucky to have got the very last one available! It should definitely make a nice bar light. It looks like a great housing to play with; and if the beam isnít quite right there are a number of optics and reflectors that you could use. Thereís even a number of different quad optics available now from a few manufacturers that you could try too, although Iím not sure if their emitter spacing would be the same or not.

Keep us posted!

Dave.
    hi dave

yeah I got there just in time. wayne did say he might open it for 10 more as a couple of people said they missed it.

it will be a little while before it gets used on a bike...but will let you all know what its like when I get it.

can' wait to see how it compares to my trail tech hid. it should waste my cateye triple hehe.

wayne said he is aiming to make em by the end of the month.

Stu

I ride a Swarf
    I found another mount alternative

http://206.188.196.233/index.asp?Pag...OD&ProdID=1812

Suitable for C cell torches...good price too

Stu

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    I had forgotten about Two Fish, they make some cool little bits and pieces.

I ride a Swarf
    Quote Originally Posted by Low_Rider
    I had forgotten about Two Fish, they make some cool little bits and pieces.
    I hadn't seen them before stumbling on them today googling. took some more googling to find a vendor. should do the trick...rubber is carbon bar friendly too.

stu

I ride a Swarf
    wayne (elektrolumens) has asked if we would like 4C instead and have 800lm. the consensus seems to be keep 3 due to size. it has made me wonder abount getting a new body made at work housing a puck and use one of my li-ions. it could be made a load shorter.

I'd make it so the body can be swapped to torch mode again.

stll can't get on to cpf. hopefully sasha will sort it.

Stu

Members who have read this thread: 0