HID reliability/durability?- Mtbr.com
    BBW
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... HID reliability/durability?

I currently have a 12W Jetlite Phantom. I'm thinking about getting either a Blast or a 20W Phantom with intelligent switch.
    I have had zero issues with my Jetlite and that's why I want nothing but a Jetlite, they are great, customer support, jim (owner).
    I haven't even change my original bulb (5 year-old system)

My question is: since I don't ride THAT MUCH at night, I like the burning time of 3+ hours and I take care of my things....Do you think that the new HID bulb/ballast thing would last me about the same? (HID bulbs are supposed to last more than halogen right?)
    Are they delicate? whow long are they supposed to last?
    I know bulb/ballast are expensive but if I take care as everything I own and don't use that much... should last right?

Plus, it's white light!!!!

thanks!!

mtbr member
    I have run a light n motion HID for 2 years, runs 3+ hours, no problems.
    Light is whiter than the HIDs on my car!

BBW
    mtbr member
    I'm thinking about the ARC L & M which everybody recomend or the Jetlite Blast since Jet is amazing.
    people talk very good about L & M
    Thanks

I ride a Swarf
    I have a couple of hundred hours on my trailtech HID. The reflector is a bit cloudy now...but no issues as yet. Altough everytime I switch it on I still wonder if its gonna start ....its the on off cycles that kill hids.

Depending on your budget I might say look at the new LED ligght. Some of the newsest ones are using the current crop of super bright LEDs. Lupine seem to be putting HID behind them now looking at their blurb on their site. You get instant on and better reliablity with LED, and the lupine Wilma has a 800 claimed lumens...thats brighter than most HIDs.

Most LED lights still use older LEDs from a couple of years back though. I suspect not for long though.

Edit

The Dinotte 500L is HID money, it is new LED tech, comparable to HID brightness. I hear only good things of Dinotte service. It can be dimmed also...shich HID can't (same goes for the lupine..it is dimable)

Stu
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?

Members who have read this thread: 0