Which forum- Mtbr.com

Thread: Which forum

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Which forum

It seems like converting LED flashlights to bike use is staying in the DIY forum... Yes?

Ran across a new light that has potential depending on the weight.

Eagle-tac M2. Two 18650 side by side behind a P7 LED with modes in the bezel. $150.

What do you think?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rideandshoot
    It seems like converting LED flashlights to bike use is staying in the DIY forum... Yes?

Ran across a new light that has potential depending on the weight.

Eagle-tac M2. Two 18650 side by side behind a P7 LED with modes in the bezel. $150.

What do you think?
    Not sure how you would mount this to the bars since it is nowhere near the size of a typical torch. It is also a D-bin P-7. Since I've never seen a D-bin P-7 ( I have a C-bin ) before I won't comment further on that point. If I bought one of these I would definitely want the flood version. The web site doesn't mention what the weight of one of these are. That is an important stat to leave out. I do like the fact that it can handle two 18650's at once and that it has a mid-level output just over 400lm. I also like the claimed runtime of 4.5hrs on mid-level. However $152 USD is pretty steep unless it includes batteries and charger too. If you can find a way to mount this so that it is stable, adjustable ( will tilt ) and easily removable than it might just work. Just keep in mind, the cost of two MTE P-7 torches is about $65 to $75 USD depending on what model you order. You could order one of the five modes run it at mid-level and use the other for boost-high beam when needed. With 4 batteries and a couple cheap chargers... add a couple cheap torch mounts and it comes to about the same money..

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    Not sure how you would mount this to the bars since it is nowhere near the size of a typical torch. It is also a D-bin P-7. Since I've never seen a D-bin P-7 ( I have a C-bin ) before I won't comment further on that point. If I bought one of these I would definitely want the flood version. The web site doesn't mention what the weight of one of these are. That is an important stat to leave out. I do like the fact that it can handle two 18650's at once and that it has a mid-level output just over 400lm. I also like the claimed runtime of 4.5hrs on mid-level. However $152 USD is pretty steep unless it includes batteries and charger too. If you can find a way to mount this so that it is stable, adjustable ( will tilt ) and easily removable than it might just work. Just keep in mind, the cost of two MTE P-7 torches is about $65 to $75 USD depending on what model you order. You could order one of the five modes run it at mid-level and use the other for boost-high beam when needed. With 4 batteries and a couple cheap chargers... add a couple cheap torch mounts and it comes to about the same money..
    I think the mount I'm using for my MTE 5 mode would work. It's pretty beefy for the MTE torch, has a quick release and tilts. The way I attach the light it has to mounted on the straight portion for the bar because there is no rotation.

Like I said I have a 5 mode MTE. The beam pattern is perfect but I haven't been able to eliminate the mode cycling issue yet. I've tried making the battery a tighter fit and putting a dime (with insulation on the edge of the dime) between the positive battery terminal and the spring but it still cycles on high speed rock descents. I bought some of them magnetic spacers so that will be the next trick.

If the weight is reasonable $150 would be worth it if the reliability is first rate. I'm watching the CPF to see what folks there say.

BTW your report is what got me started down this P7 flashlight trail

Members who have read this thread: 0