Edge 305 stem mount- Mtbr.com
    Hack Racer

Edge 305 stem mount

I would like to run the edge 305 on a 2nd bike. I surfed around the online stores to look for a 2nd cadence sensor/speed sensor and a stem mount bracket.

I haven't been able to locate a stem mount bracket. The garmin.com site does not list such an item. Can you buy the stem mount bracket on it's own?

Grizzly
    Search on eBay for "Garmin Edge 305 Mount". I picked up a spare for about $12.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...trypage=search
    GrizzlyAdam.net
    Read my book
    Follow me on Twitter

"The only thing better than solitude, is society."

~Ed Abbey

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    http://www.megagps.com/index.asp?Pag...ROD&ProdID=825

They also have the cadence sensor if you want to combine the order.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheers!
    I would like to run the edge 305 on a 2nd bike. I surfed around the online stores to look for a 2nd cadence sensor/speed sensor and a stem mount bracket.

I haven't been able to locate a stem mount bracket. The garmin.com site does not list such an item. Can you buy the stem mount bracket on it's own?
    Geoman (www.geomangear.com) has them for $11.50.

Hack Racer
    when garmin refers to this kit. They call it "handlebar mount" is that the same as the stem mount?

In the edge 305 box there was two setups. One for the stem and one for the handle bar I think.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    when garmin refers to this kit. They call it "handlebar mount" is that the same as the stem mount?

In the edge 305 box there was two setups. One for the stem and one for the handle bar I think.
    I believe the replacement kit is a little different than the original that came in the box.

The link I provided above is the same product number listed on garmin's site. Kit comes with 1 mount that can be used on the stem or bars.

Hack Racer
    haha! I just looked at the handlebar/stem mount supplied in the original garmin box that came with the unit itself.

There are no differences between them. All you do is pull the faceplate (the plastic peice with the tab) off, rotate it 90 degrees and push it back into the base. You just have to make sure you take the zip ties off... woohooo 20 bucks saved. Ofcouse there is only 1 wedge peice that changes the angle of the unit when it sits on the stem... But oh well. I can live with no watching the garmin unit as I bomb around in the woods.

Now I just need to pay for the cadence/speed sensor.

Apr 2007

... and if we just ... easy fix!

haha! I just looked at the handlebar/stem mount supplied in the original garmin box that came with the unit itself.

There are no differences between them. All you do is pull the faceplate (the plastic peice with the tab) off, rotate it 90 degrees and push it back into the base. You just have to make sure you take the zip ties off... woohooo 20 bucks saved. Ofcouse there is only 1 wedge peice that changes the angle of the unit when it sits on the stem... But oh well. I can live with no watching the garmin unit as I bomb around in the woods.

Now I just need to pay for the cadence/speed sensor.
    Thanks for the tip, Cheers! !! I just did the same and saved myself some time and money. But don't those clips break far too easily.....one crash and the little lug is off and lost in the bush. Pretty crappy engineering if you ask me. Otherwise the Edge is a great unit for the bike.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

well--

rotten luck 4 u and good 4 me I guess--I've had several crashes now, and yet to break my mount.

now planet bike protoge 9 cyclometer on tne other hand---slides off bracket and gets lost way tooo esay. i use to swear by it--now I have cateye enduro8. yes i run both (cateye and edge) coz my distance usually a little greater with the cyclometer--and I trust the cyclometer more.

i also discovered right away about the edge mounts and have the other 1 on d stem of my roadie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeroo
    Thanks for the tip, Cheers! !! I just did the same and saved myself some time and money. But don't those clips break far too easily.....one crash and the little lug is off and lost in the bush. Pretty crappy engineering if you ask me. Otherwise the Edge is a great unit for the bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0