Edge 305 software- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Edge 305 software

I have just ordered a 305 and have decided to use SportTracks as my logging software. Is there any point in loading the Garminsoftware that comes with the unit? If it is only basic should I leave it off my PC?
    cheers in advance

banned
    The Training Center is pretty weak in my opinion. You don't need it as far as I know unless you use it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Can you get Sport Tracks to show Elevation profile? I've not found that yet and find the Graph in TC to be visually useful. It will Graph Elevation, Heart rate, Cadence and Speed so I can over lay and compare stuff.

I use both pieces of software and import rides into both .
    Niner Jet 9 RDO XX1 Build
    2015 Niner Bikes Ambassador; Chattanooga, TN

mtbr member
    My 305 should arrive in the next few days, so I may try both and compare

mtbr member
    Also, get an even mildly good mapping/GIS program (DeLorme TopoUSA, Nat Geo), and you'll find lots of stuff to do with the feed from the Edge. But, definitely keep the Garmin TC, because it's a barebones display (easy), and decent logging and data mgmt tool. Oh, but get MapSource (free dwnld from Garmin) to offload stuff from the Edge and save to different (more useful) file formats than TC can. Enjoy.

Two Tired
    To get the elevation profile and a lot of other stuff in SportTracks, click on the arrow symbol next to Summary in the lower left quadrant. Choose Elevation from the list. In the lower window there are several different elevation related graphs (elevation vs. time, grade vs. distance, etc.) available. Once you have the graph, you can click on it to cross reference to the map or measure between two points. It is pretty powerful and much better than TC.
    Let the good times roll.
    trailroller.com

Members who have read this thread: 0