Double Quad XPE - Help needed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Double Quad XPE - Help needed

I can get someone to machine me a housing and so i have aims of making up a dual quad xpe (25.4mm diameter) set up . I am horribly confused about how to set up a driver to run them though.

if I add up all the Vf's I get more than 25V (8*3.7V - though I'm not even sure about that), so does that mean a hipflex and a bflex are out?

Do I need multiple drivers or is this something I should have paid more attention to in physics when they were talking about parallel and series?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Cool on the housing hook up.
    Using buck drivers would require a battery with something like 28 volts. That's a big battery. Look at the Maxflex and run 4s2p.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    so would that make the Vf be 14V (4*3.5V=14V)? would that mean a bflex works or am I better with a maxflex for some reason? and if I do use a maxflex, does that open up my options for batteries? (Sorry if these are completely stupid questions)

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Fine questions.
    I have an aversion to large batteries. You are looking at a 5 cell battery if using the bflex.
    With the Maxflex you could use a 2 cell 7.4v, 3 cell 11.1v.
    You could also use one of Turboferrets battery holders and single cell 18650's.
    Better battery flexibility with the Maxflex in both cell number and voltage.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    ahh starts to make a little sense now - thanks for your time

Members who have read this thread: 0