Can you identify this pcb?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Can you identify this pcb?

This is in the battery pack of a night rider flight battery. I just want to make sure it is offering only standard battery protection and not any other functionality that I will lose if I replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you identify this pcb?-sam_0480.jpg  

Can you identify this pcb?-sam_0481.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

mtbr member
    I think it highly likely that the PCB includes a voltage regulator since it is powering an HID lamp and the batteries are Li-ion. If yours has the extra leds ( on the light head ) than that board also likely controls those as well as the fuel gauge stuff. I don't own one just guessing by looking at the web site. The key to your answer is, "how many connections are coming off the battery plug"? You can buy another battery from BatterySpace that will include a voltage regulator but you will lose function of the leds without the Niterider PCB I would think. Then again, if the PCB still works you could just buy new cells and wire in the old PCB.

mtbr member
    As Cat says, just buy some new cells and use the same PCB if it works.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Looks like a pretty standard protection circuit board. The chip on the left is a factory masked microchip microcontroller providing the logic for the protection PCB. The two chips on the right are the charge and discharge FETs.

Members who have read this thread: 0