Burned up one of my Cree Q5, Anyone got one laying around?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Burned up one of my Cree Q5, Anyone got one laying around?

Well, I waited an entire month (yes, I ordered them from DealExtreme on 7/7, just got them today) for my Q5's on stars to show up and guess what, one is a dud! I am just about to lose it over this light project. Does anyone know where I can get one Q5 on a 20mm star? I refuse to do business with dealextreme, I could have shipped a package to Mars and back quicker than it took them. Please HELP!!!

mtbr member
    Cutter. Couple of weeks usually.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Ok, ok

Ok, I bought (7) more from dealextreme and paid for their fast shipping. If anyone out there has one now I'll pay shipping and give you two in return! This LED thing makes a man desperate!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    sorry i don't have any but your comment was funny. thanks for the

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

i got some...

let me know if you need one. dealextreme fast shipping? seems an oxymoron

Bandolero

Ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by hesibudifabla
    Ok, I bought (7) more from dealextreme and paid for their fast shipping. If anyone out there has one now I'll pay shipping and give you two in return! This LED thing makes a man desperate!
    I've been thinking of dropping some cash in a candlepower forum group buy to make some DIY Dinottes. I see Brum's got R2s up for sale now, but he'll only sell them if you buy optics.

Link to sale here.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    They need a US distributor for these. I think there's enough DIY people out there to warrant it. I think I've seen this idea on here before but would there be any interest in one guy buying a bunch and reselling them slightly over cost to those who don't want to wait a month? If I can get enough response on here I have no problem dropping a couple 100$$ on some LEDs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hesibudifabla
    They need a US distributor for these. I think there's enough DIY people out there to warrant it. I think I've seen this idea on here before but would there be any interest in one guy buying a bunch and reselling them slightly over cost to those who don't want to wait a month? If I can get enough response on here I have no problem dropping a couple 100$$ on some LEDs.
    Well you might buy 200$ worth of R2s and tomorrow Cree release R3/4s and nobody wants your suddenly crappy R2s. US distributors seem to want to fedex everything which makes shipping significant. My last few ordered from cutter took around 1 week, shipping around 5US$ (to NZ) so I don't know why you would think twice.
    Whenever I get parcels from DX and Kai, its like christmas, the shipping is so slow I always forget whats inside.

Members who have read this thread: 0