Brinkmann 9 LED - DIY- Mtbr.com

Jul 2009

Brinkmann 9 LED - DIY

even thought i bought at home depot they dont have a listing on these site however they do sell them in target under a difference name

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/179-1584795-1102720?asin=B001ASPJES&AFID=become_df&LNM=Home_+_ Garden|Home_Improvement|B001ASPJES&CPNG=home%20imp rovement&ref=tgt_adv_XSE10001

and why i switch from difference set of light well few reason

1.LED is better and the kronlok bulb and light is a pain !
    2.Modification
    3.Cost

and what i paid in light and extra light that money can gone into this set combo light and i do thank "kevinb" to assisting me and now since i got this set in come into a few pieces

1.Light/LED
    2.Metal Tube
    3.Battery Holder
    4.Enclosure with the switch

now for the last few day i was trying how can i do the exact same thing but i notice something

"when i press the battery holder to the spring on one end where the led is and the other spring to the other end the light come on with out the switch > i took one out < so now is does that and i want to know will that diagram help me with my problem or is there another ways to do so ?

mtbr member
    Hi Harold, Many flashlights that have metal bodies use this to complete the electrical circuit.

So, the circuit starts at the battery pack,
    through the switch,
    through the metal flashlight body,
    through the LED or lamp and returns to the battery.
    By touching the spring to the flashlight body you were just doing what the switch does

quick sketch to illustrate what I mean...hope this helps
    torch.jpg

Jul 2009

i have some few question

This ideal that i got was from another ideal and i want to incorporated this to my light let me post the link

http://www.instructables.com/id/Mag-Lite-Bike-Lamp/

and took some ideal from it and some that was not available and i use an alternative like it said i need a straw to hold the spring i use the " finishing washer " no #14 from the home depot and it make good contact with the battery and the spring

i will try to included some picture to so my progress

Members who have read this thread: 0