Amoeba received - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amoeba received

Light freak

Got Amoeba??

Great to hear that everyones is digging their Amoebas, makes the weekend nights out in my freezing garage sitting right on top of my little electric heater all worth it

mtbr member
    I still think that's such a neat light. If I hadn't made my own rip-off I would have bought one of yours. I would also recommend yours to anyone I know getting into night riding

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Feedback And A Mod

Just got my Amoeba last week! WOW! So much I could say about it! So small, so bright, hand made, great customer service. I have yet to get it out on on a trail ride, but given how light and bright it is compared to other LEDs I have and have used, I see no reason why it won't be perfect.

I did have on problem- the helmet mount set up with the velcro just would not work with my Lazer Genesis helmet. BUT a quick look in my bike junk drawer of discarded and little used parts had me finding a great solution- I found a rubber bar mount to be used with my heart rate monitor. Mounted the Velco strip to it, drilled a hole, use a zip tie, and bam. Problem solve.

Thanks for a great light Jay!

PS- The mount is a lot lower profile than it appears in the pic. Also, as you can imagine this works as a bar mount too
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Former XXC Mag publisher (re)turned amateur bike blogger at The Soiled Chamois.

Light freak
    A quick video from our Friday morning ride before work (5am)

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/17679468?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Notice all of them poor souls in their cars down below as we are playing on the ridge above

Light freak

another flavor

3x Cree XP-G R5's driven at 800ma

3 different output choices -
    1 LED (center) - ~300 lumens
    2 LED's (outer) - ~600 lumens
    3 LED's (all) - ~900 lumens

Housing - 3/4" x 2 1/4" x 1 3/8"
    Weight - should be about 60 grams, still need to weigh it

The trIclops -

Light freak

Right on the money!

Light freak

My EDC goes XM-L

Built this fun little EDC (Every Day Carry) back in late '08 as a means to show people the small size of my Amoeba light and the 3 different colors of anodized aluminum I offer for the housings. Originally built up using SSC P4's. Have had some XM-L's lying on my bench for quite awhile now and threw a couple in this light. Still one of my favorites!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    That looks awesome! That last picture really tells the story of the size.

I'm curious if you have ever tested to see how many watts that case can handle in still air? I'm itching to start a another project light, and I REALLY like the lines of your setup.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I imagine the 2x XM-L puts out too much heat at 3A to be usable at full power unfortunately, right? Wonder if a heat sink with a hole for the switch would be enough surface area to make it work...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jmblur
    I imagine the 2x XM-L puts out too much heat at 3A to be usable at full power unfortunately, right? Wonder if a heat sink with a hole for the switch would be enough surface area to make it work...
    Not even close in surface area...at 1.5A it SHOULD be fine, but I believe the drivers Scar use are only regulated at 800mah anyways.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonylokrn
    Not even close in surface area...at 1.5A it SHOULD be fine, but I believe the drivers Scar use are only regulated at 800mah anyways.
    Hmm, after looking at the scale pics... yeah, even with a big ol' heat sink on the entire top surface there's no way! Didn't realize quite how tiny those things are. ~10W heat / XML at 3A, right? Wonder if one with 1" sq tubing (~9" exposed surface area before heat sinking vs ~5.25" - not counting bottom). might have enough with a sufficiently low resistance heat sink...

now where'd that thermodynamics book go...

mtbr member
    Or you could add some heatsink to the top and sides. It would mess up the appearance a bit, but would help.

Light freak
    Yep, 800ma for this design is probably the limit, maybe 1 amp. Pictures have never done it justice, it is small.

Got me some of George's boards (LFlex, b2Flex, and MaxFlex) and some XM-l's on my bench, just been trying to find some time! Got a few new designs that have been floating around in my head. Stay tuned.

Light freak

2x Cree XM-L

2x Cree XM-L's mated up to Regina reflectors
    LFlex driver

dimensions - 2" x 1 1/2" x 3/4"

First time for me using one of George's drivers, got to say I am very impressed. Those XM-L's at 3.5 amps are just crazy

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    What are you driving this at? It seems there might be a heat dissipation issue? It is a nice design w/ two xml's you wouldn't have to drive them at max. I guess w/ George's driver you can choose a low amperage when going slow and r-amp it up at speed.

mtbr member
    That's the approach I'll take with the Sled lights too- I've set up with multi-levels and warned them not to use max unless you're moving well.

Very nice job, Scar, getting it all in a nice little build. I guess you could limit the max to 2.5A and still get a lot of light.

Light freak
    Took it for its maiden voyage this morning at 5am. Had it set at 1500ma on the climb and bumped it up to 3500ma on the down. Had to turn it back down to 1500ma about halfway down (was using Tri-mode) as the amount of light coming out of it at 3500ma was totally distracting my buddy in front of me ( I could see him keep looking back after I had switched to full power) and totally washing out his lights. Temps were about 34 degress. Had the thermal protection set at 60 C, never saw it dip down.

Andy13 - You from Evergreen, huh? We did Elk Meadows this morning at 5am. The winds were howling at the start but coming down Too Long was stellar.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I am very interested.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Nice work, Scar. Keep tinkering. Looks like I might have to get something new from you later this year...

Light freak
    Took the new XM-L light out for another test run yesterday morning. Really digging on the driver and all of the different options.

Here is a comparison of the XM-L light next to the standard Amoeba

mtbr member
    And you thought you couldn't keep up with orders before the Megamoeba!
    Crank up your price commensurate with the power and quality of your lights- you'll still get orders.
    I know an adventure racing/ orienteering forum where one posting would probably avalanche you with orders. They just put in an order for a dozen Ay-ups.
    Last edited by Ofroad'bent; 04-14-2011 at 06:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Jay,

For us non-electrical folks, well me really, what are the key differences between the original and the XM-L.

It seems you can change the power output on the fly.
    2011 Super X RED, 2010 CAAD 9 5, 2010 Bad Boy Solo, 2009 Rize 3 , 2010 Charge Duster, Specialized Sirrus , Marin Quake 9.

mtbr member
    Would it look daft with one of these bonded on top?

Light freak
    Ofroad'bent - Thanks for the positive vibes!! Got a couple more flavors using George's boards being brewed up in the brewhouse right now! Going to build a 2x XP-G version using a bFlex and a 3 XPG version using a MaxFlex. Everything will be based around the 7.4V Li-Ion packs I have been using.

BadBoyNY - Yes, with George's boards you get a whole host of options, one being dimming. The standard Amoeba has always been single mode, it is either on or off. Never been much off a problem but I have always had people asking about dimming options. Could never fit one of Georges boards in my standard Amoeba housing, but have been dreaming about it for a long time!

mtbr member
    Yeah, the one big disadvantage for me using the L-flex and single XM-L is that I can't use all my nice 7.4v battery packs I use on my other lights. I'm mainly making them for others at this point. The versatility of the L-flex is all worth it for us though.

For us multisport types, it's more about long burn times and lots of power when needed, rather than continuous high burn. We're sometimes trekking, dragging bikes through forests and swamps, slogging along slowly in muddy ATV trails, reading maps and fixing bikes, or sometimes hammering down roads or technical singletrack at night. We need lo-o-ong burn times on medium, we need a very low setting for repairs and transitions, and we need lots of lumens on tap for shorter periods.

Light freak
    Originally posted by Ofroad'bent
    Would it look daft with one of these bonded on top?

Yep, going to stay with the clean lines. The larger 3/4" x 1 1/2" extrusion not only gives me more room for George's boards it also give me some more mass. I only ridden with it twice but am very impressed with its performance.

mtbr member
    looks very neat, I was wondering if you were considering the *flex drivers and XM-Ls, now I know!

why 2x XP-G with a b2flex and 2S pack though? I would have thought that the lflex would be perfect for that - cheaper, smaller, same functionality and you only lose the stat LED which you don't use anyway.

Light freak
    Originally posted by mattthemuppet
    why 2x XP-G with a b2flex and 2S pack though? I would have thought that the lflex would be perfect for that - cheaper, smaller, same functionality and you only lose the stat LED which you don't use anyway.
    I have had the b2Flex for quite awhile, just never got around to using it. Thanks for pointing out using the lFlex for 2x XPG's, hadn't had time to think about it much.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scar
    I have had the b2Flex for quite awhile, just never got around to using it. Thanks for pointing out using the lFlex for 2x XPG's, hadn't had time to think about it much.

no worries The lflex has supplanted the b2flex for a lot of lights most people make (1-2 LEDs) - it's really only the stat LED that makes the difference for me and that's moot for helmet lights. Plus the 20mm diameter size makes all the difference when you're using tubing like your lights (and mine).

mtbr member
    Long time since i received Amoeba and Boitatá and only now i re-started to ride. Here is my first photo (Boitata). Tomorow i´ll take some pictures during my night ride. Yesterday i almost ran over a rattlesnake because the moon was so beautifull that i turned off all lights - never again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amoeba received-dsc00452.jpg  

Light freak
    Originally posted by BrunoBB
    Long time since i received Amoeba and Boitatá and only now i re-started to ride. Here is my first photo (Boitata). Tomorrow i´ll take some pictures during my night ride. Yesterday i almost ran over a rattlesnake because the moon was so beautifull that i turned off all lights - never again.
    Hey Bruno, great to hear from you. Hope things have been going well for you in Spain!

Light freak

3x Cree XP-G's

3x Cree XP-G's mated up to Regina reflectors
    maxFlex driver
    dimensions - 2" x 2 1/4" x 3/4"
    weight = 72 grams

3x XP-G's w/maxFlex and 2x XM-L's w/lFlex

mtbr member
    you're just going wild now Scar!

Light freak

2x Cree XP-G w/ b2Flex

2x Cree XP-G's mated up to Regina reflectors
    b2Flex driver
    dimensions - 2" x 1 1/2" x 3/4"
    weight = 55 grams

mtbr member
    nice job

how'd you get your housings so neat and tidy? Do you use a table saw or something? How did you pot the b2flex, by using some kind of small standoff? It must have been a lot easier getting it in there than the 1in.sq. tubing I used for mine

Light freak
    Originally posted by mattthemuppet
    how'd you get your housings so neat and tidy? Do you use a table saw or something? How did you pot the b2flex, by using some kind of small standoff? It must have been a lot easier getting it in there than the 1in.sq. tubing I used for mine
    End mill (manual).

Yep, made up a small standoff out of some copper.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Picked up the Scar's 900 lumens Amoeba a couple months ago and have to say that it's an excellent light. Really impressed with the performance so far. For me, it has a great combination of spot and flood. Also really impressed with the quality as well. Although it's a tad longer than the original Amoeba, it is tiny. Really hard to imagine just how small it is until you have it sitting in the palm of your hand.

As for service, I can't speak to it because haven't had any problems so far. However, Scar was really helpful through the entire purchasing process and answered all my questions promptly. Anyway, I've been pretty satisfied with everything.

Light freak

Thanks for the feedback jrands!

Love to hear back from the users. Glad everything is meeting your expectations.

mtbr member
    Scar, Since I am a curious sort of person, do you have any beam shots of the new duel XM-L set-up? I take it both reflectors are the same type? I really am glad to see someone come up with a duel XM-L design. Actually I was expecting MagicShine to be the first to offer an affordable version but it seems you've beat the big boys to the punch.

Now the real question: can I have one for free so I can take it apart, drown it in water just to see if it still works?........

Light freak

2x Cree XM-L @ 2000ma's

Finally got out and got some beam shots this weekend.

2x Cree XM-L @ 2000ma's

more to come

Light freak

New beamshots 07/31/2011

Camera settings -
    Aperature - f/3.2
    ISO - 200
    Exposure time - 4 sec
    White balance - daylight

Standard Amoeba @800ma's

2x Cree XP-G with b2Flex driver @ 250ma's (L1)

2x Cree XP-G with b2Flex driver @ 600ma's (L2)

2x Cree XP-G with b2Flex driver @ 1200ma's (L3)

Still to come - 3x Cree XP-G with MaxFlex driver and 2x Cree XM-L with Lflex driver

mtbr member
    the Level and mA values don't quite add up Scar - L2>4 are scaled dependent on L5 and L1 is (I think) always 50mA across all the *flex drivers. So, if you set L5 @1200mA, then L4 is ~650mA, L3 is ~350mA and L2 is ~150mA (off the top of my head). A rough guide is that current halves for each level down from L5. It took me some time to figure this out or, rather, for what everyone else was saying to sink in

Light freak
    I have been setting mine up in Three mode (L1, L2, L3)

Measured the actual output at each level. Will double check this evening.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    ah. Threemode doesn't refer to the levels, but to how you switch between them. You always have to specify L5 (max drive current), then two out of L1 to L4. I have mine set up as L5=1.2A and Threemode (L1>L4-L5), so I cycle between L4 and L5 with a click, then L1 with a press. Trimode in contrast is Lx-Ly-L5, where "-" is a click, so to get from L5 to Ly, you have to go through Lx.

Given that those are actual current readings (that's thorough!), my guess is that you have yours set as L2 or L3>L4-L5, with L5=1.2A, especially as L1 is just enough light to tie my shoelaces and a bigger drop compared to the other levels that what your beamshots show. 2x XP-G R5s really rock @1.2A with Reginas - I'm super happy with mine and I'm sure you'll have a lot of happy customers. I actually upgraded one XP-G to an XM-L T6 which broadened the spot nicely - I'm going to change both to XM-L U2s and up the current to 1.5A when it cools down a bit, as it currently trips a fair bit with the heat (and slow riding).

Anyway, hope I haven't come across as patronising. The *flex drivers took me a while to get my head around but they're well worth the effort once I did!

Light freak
    mattthemuppet - You did not come off as patronizing at all, just the opposite.

I have a few customers that like to "Bike Pack" that really enjoy the low level 1. Like to stretch their batteries and don't need much light when the moon is up and by themselves.

mtbr member
    phew, that's a relief

I think the Threemode is just about the best way of controlling a mtb light ever. I've used L1 a lot for riding to the trail head or fixing flats/ finding my phone/etc, L4 for climbing and L5 for the flats/ DH. Being able to go straight from Med to High to Med again, without touching Low is just awesome.

Oh, and if you're thinking of improvements you could make to your lights, I really recommend remotes. I made one for my bar light and I've never used the switch on the light itself. I'm not sure how you could incorporate it into your design (or even if there's a demand for it), but it would be worth thinking about.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    A little help please...

I have the standard Amoeba running at 800mA and love it. I'm ready to order another one and am considering upgrading to the new 2x Cree XP-G with b2Flex driver.

One of my concerns is balancing battery life and power WITHOUT having to switch levels while on the trail. The speeds on the single track around here fluctuate constantly. Our tight and some can be pretty technical. The climbs are short and steep as are the downhills. There really aren't a lot of places to take your hands off the bars without stopping.

So I want a light source that is pretty much constant, but having a low level for repairs, hike-a-bike or BS sessions would be nice. I don't think I want less than 800mA while riding. It would be nice to be able to bump it up, but I want to keep run times around 2.5 hours or more. I also don't want the thing over heating.

Would running it at a constant 1200mA might cutting it close in terms both run time and heat?

Can I configure the levels without any special tools or knowledge or should this be decided before the build?

Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    the Level and mA values don't quite add up Scar - L2>4 are scaled dependent on L5 and L1 is (I think) always 50mA across all the *flex drivers. So, if you set L5 @1200mA, then L4 is ~650mA, L3 is ~350mA and L2 is ~150mA (off the top of my head). A rough guide is that current halves for each level down from L5. It took me some time to figure this out or, rather, for what everyone else was saying to sink in
    So if I understand this correctly, having it set up to run at 1200ma and 800mA is not an option?

Last question, will the new driver dim the light when the battery drains below a certain level or the temps get too high?
    Need some cool clothing, Merino Wool, or a tour of Pisgah? Check out www.PisgahWorks.com Pisgah Works, more than just shirts!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    A little help please...

I have the standard Amoeba running at 800mA and love it. I'm ready to order another one and am considering upgrading to the new 2x Cree XP-G with b2Flex driver.

One of my concerns is balancing battery life and power WITHOUT having to switch levels while on the trail. The speeds on the single track around here fluctuate constantly. Our tight and some can be pretty technical. The climbs are short and steep as are the downhills. There really aren't a lot of places to take your hands off the bars without stopping.

So I want a light source that is pretty much constant, but having a low level for repairs, hike-a-bike or BS sessions would be nice. I don't think I want less than 800mA while riding. It would be nice to be able to bump it up, but I want to keep run times around 2.5 hours or more. I also don't want the thing over heating.

Would running it at a constant 1200mA might cutting it close in terms both run time and heat?

Can I configure the levels without any special tools or knowledge or should this be decided before the build?

Last question, will the new driver dim the light when the battery drains below a certain level or the temps get too high?
    The B-flex has a tri-mode option that allows you to custom set each level.
    You could have one full mode, one almost full, and one low. It's fiddly to program, but needs no tools, just a lot of button presses.

It will warn you when the battery's low, and dim if it overheats.

mtbr member
    well, to tread on Scar's toes a little bit more

The b2flex has 4 modes - fivemode (all five, click to scroll through each one), duomode (2 modes, click to change), trimode (3 modes, click to change) and threemode (3 modes, Med and High are in their own loop). So if you want 1 high power mode and a low mode for trailside stuff, then Duomode would do that fine.

Heat - running it at 1200mA will cause the thermal monitoring to trip if it's hot out or you slow right down below walking speed, but other than that you should be fine. It depends to some degree where Scar sets the thermal trip point, but that's he's design decision.

Battery life - Scar'll have to weigh in on that one as I don't know the capacity of the pack that he sells. Whatever the capacity, running it at 1200mA constant will cut runtime compared to switching between med and high to some degree.

1200mA and 800mA - nope, levels 2-4 are predetermined, depending on what L5 is set as. They were picked by George as offering the best steps in output that your eyes register (as opposed to steps in current), so I'm guessing he knows what he's doing

The driver can be set to flash at Med battery, Low battery and flash continuously or shut off at Empty. There's no dimming. However, when the thermal protection triggers, the light automatically drops to L3 and won't allow you to go back up until temps have dropped.

I hear what you're saying about not having time to let go of the bars as I have a similar problem (very rocky trails), so now I tend to leave my helmet light on high all the time and use a remote to switch between Med and High on my bar light. If I'm going on a longer night ride, then I can use the Med setting on my helmet light for climbing. I'd recommend the Threemode - if you don't need to drop the light output, then you can leave in on High the whole time, but at least you'll have the option there.

You can program these yourself, even if you can't count above 10 like me, but it takes a bit of practice. I'd recommend getting it set by Scar and then perhaps tweaking it with advice later if needed as some of the menus can be complicated/ confusing and a few of them (battery warnings, temp protection etc) are really important to get right.

Light freak
    ohiomoto - your scenario is exactly why I have been digging on the three mode set-up. Ride at L2 for most situation, bump it up to L1 for downhills and when more light is needed. This is a quick button press to cycle between L2 and L1. When you ar BS'ing ar doing a repair, then a button hold drops the output down to L3.

Let me mess with the programming and see what the final output measure. I have just been using the defaults for L2 and L3. Pretty sure both can be bumped up getting L2 closer to 800 lumens, just need to measure once reprogrammed

8.3 Three clicks – UIBmode select or UIF/UIP Selection
    This menu option behaves differently, depending on whether the firmware is set to UIB2/UIB2Q
    Base Mode or UIF/UIP Base Mode (see Sec 8.13)
    For UIB2/UIB2Q Base Mode:
    The circuit can be configured to operate in either a simple 2 level mode (Duomode), 3 level mode (2
    level toggle called Threemode), 3 level mode (Trimode) or a more elaborate and flexible 5 level
    mode (Multimode). The force setting (Sec 8.1) will be ignored if Duomode, Threemode or Trimode
    are enabled.
    For Duomode, Threemode and Trimode:
    Initially the LED will be dim (actual L1 in this case) to indicate that L1 is chosen. Each click will cycle
    to the next choice and wrap back to the beginning.
    • 0 click (actual L1) → low level L1 select
    • 1 click (actual L2) → low level L2 select (default when UIB2 is first selected)
    • 2 click (actual L3) → low level L3 select
    • 3 click (actual L4) → low level L4 select
    When you are satisfied with the choice, press to save the setting. For Duomode you are done and
    the LED will flash twice to indicate that the selection has been made and then go dim to indicate
    that it has returned to the Menu mode for the next selection. For Threemode, Trimode the LED will
    flash once and then go dim to wait for you to select the intensity for the user configurable medium
    level.
    For Threemode and Trimode only:
    Initially the LED will be dim (actual L1 in this case) to indicate that L1 is chosen. Each click will cycle
    to the next choice and wrap back to the beginning.
    • 0 click (actual L1) → medium level L1 select
    • 1 click (actual L2) → medium level L2 select
    • 2 click (actual L3) → medium level L3 select (default when UIB2 is first selected)
    • 3 click (actual L4) → medium level L4 select

Battery life at 800ma is going to be about 3.5 hrs, about 2 hrs at 1200ma

Ofroad'bent and mattthemuppet - Thanks for constructive input.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks for all the helpful input. I have a much better understanding now. I have my order in and I'm sure Jay will get it set up right. I just wanted to have a better understanding of the driver and options.
    Need some cool clothing, Merino Wool, or a tour of Pisgah? Check out www.PisgahWorks.com Pisgah Works, more than just shirts!

Light freak

Beamshots

OK, Going to try this again and get these beamshot all in one post.

Camera settings -
    Aperature - f/3.2
    ISO - 200
    Exposure time - 4 sec
    White balance - daylight

2x Cree XP-G with b2Flex driver programmed in Three mode
    low (default of L2) measured @~250ma's

medium (default of L3) measured @~600ma's

high measured @~1200ma's

3x Cree XP-G with MaxFlex driver programmed in Three mode
    low (not sure of TaskLed level) measured @~350ma's

medium (not sure of TaskLed level) measured @~600ma's

high (not sure of TaskLed level) measured @~1500ma's

2xCree XM-L with LFlex driver programmed in Three mode
    low (not sure of TaskLed level) measured @~400ma's

medium(not sure of TaskLed level) measured @~800ma's

high(not sure of TaskLed level) measured @~2000ma's

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks for posting these Scar. I find them very interesting. The XM-L certainly puts out more light close in, but it looks on my monitor like the twin XP-G delivers a more even beam with just as much or even more throw. Until we have more efficient optics (or maybe use aspherical lenses) for the XM-L, it looks like the XP-G may still be just as effective and use less power.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Are these available in the US? Where can I get more info?

Light freak
    natac - I need to try again and pay more attention to where I am aiming the lights. I was right next to a small creek and was just getting mauled by the mosquitoes! I agree though, we need some XM-L specific reflectors.

BlueMoon100 - doesn't look like you are interested in purchasing from your other thread, but I will go ahead and answer you anyways. Yes, these are available in the US, from me. I have been building my Amoeba light for about 4 years now, got them all around the world. I am a one man operation. I buy all the raw materials and have to modify almost every component to get them to fit in my housings. I am just trying to raise my kids in today's world, perform at my job during the day, build some lights on Friday and Saturday nights, and trying to get a bike ride in there somewhere. 95% of my riding is done in the dark at 5am because of all of my other commitments, therefore I need lights. I also like sharing my stuff with others that value a handmade, custom light and the service that goes with it.

These are some of the reasons some people purchase my lights -

1. - Size
    2. - Weight
    3. - Non proprietary batteries
    4. - Customer service
    5. - Made by someone who uses his lights on an almost daily basis and knows the importance of reliability and has the same passion for biking.

If interested you can PM me or email me (see my signature) and Iwill get you in my build que.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Beam shots look great Jay.

I put in my order for the new flavor and I'm looking forward to my next light. My standard Amoeba light is the envy of all my friends (using $$$$ Light and Motion lights), can't wait to for them to see the new one.

Keep up the good work.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

2x Cree XM-L from amoeba

Got to ride using amoeba's new light last nite.
    1. It is small
    2. The output is unbelievable
    I will track battery life for each mode by end of week. I am very impressed with the quality put into this light. The customer service that Scar has provided to me was top notch too. I emailed 3 light makers and companies and Scar was the only one to get back to me at all!!
    I still have yet to here from the other 2.
    I still can't believe how small this light is and put out that much power. I thought i didn't get the whole light at first.

Light freak

Special request

3x Cree XM-L's
    Ledil Regina reflectors
    H6Flex driver set to 2000ma's max output