almost free torch mount???- Mtbr.com
    mathlete
    Nov 2007

almost free torch mount???

Iím looking for a post I saw a while backÖ I donít remember know who posted it Randy Boy? Troutie maybe?

It was a way to mount a torch to a helmet or bar that used an old inner tube. I think there even was a video to go along with it. Anyone remember such a post? If so can you help a friend out and post the link? Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Not sure what others posted before, but if you look at the directions for this Nite Ize product, you should be able to fashion something like it from an old tube.

http://www.niteize.com/productdetail...&product_id=79

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Turvey38 is the inner tube king, i had to almost chuck a mount at him to get him to use one of my mounts.

mathlete
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moggy82
    Turvey38 is the inner tube king, i had to almost chuck a mount at him to get him to use one of my mounts.
    sounds interesting. Care to share his mount setup? Pics if you have them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Innertube works well, IF you can get the tension high enough, just tie a alittle loop of it, put 1 end of the loop over your light, then under the bars and back over the rear of the light, loop it around a few times if required, advantage is compared to the mount, in a crash if you hit it, it gives, disadvantage is the Mount does give a more stable easier to direct fitment.

Likely going back to innertube though Moggy

I use Inner tube for anything, Space Shuttle breaks down bet I can fix with with a strip of inner tube

Including holding my car door shut as the locks dead

Members who have read this thread: 0