90W LED light - The Sun Blaster. What kind of battery ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2015

90W LED light - The Sun Blaster. What kind of battery ?

Hi there !

My first post, ever. I have been geeking around the last 2 days researching the brightest possible light available, working on a battery.

It serves 3 purposes:
    -Lighting the hell out of a road when I am alone in a mountain road.
    -Use it for an area light as well once my bike tour is done.
    -Shoot some nice videos in darker places, I am a video director

That is why I was looking at some ridiculously bright 90W LED light, claimed to be around 7200 lumens.
    Promotion!! 90W LED WORK LIGHT for Offroad 4X4 UTV SUV Truck Accessories High Lumen 90W LED Work Light-in Lights & Indicators from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Or even a 45W would even do the trick. Half price and I could get two of those instead (better for lighting an area and cinematic lighting) as well.
    1PCS 7 Inch 45W LED Working Light 3150lm Hi low Beam LED Light Driving Headlight Offroad Truck SUV 4X4 Fog LED Spot Light-in Lights & Indicators from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

There is also this one made particularly for bikes but seems to be less bright (even though they claim "10'000 lumens" which seem very unlikely) but feels like I would need a special battery instead of a normal 12V DC ?
    http://goo.gl/yCGdKR

My question is the following (and not debating if it is actually smart or not to do such a thing...

Do I need to get a car battery for that matter or would that kind of battery work ?

There are a bunch of chinese ones such as:
    2015 New Arrival D C 12V 20000mAh Li ion Super Rechargeable Battery Pack + AC Charger W/ EU Plug-in Rechargeable Batteries from Electrical Equipment & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    6800mAh for DC 12V Super Protable Rechargeable switch Lithium ion Battery Pack US Plug For Cameras camcorders -in Rechargeable Batteries from Electrical Equipment & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    New Portable 12V 4000mAH Rechargeable Lithium Battery Batteries Pack For CCTV Camera MID GPS+AC Charger-in Rechargeable Batteries from Electrical Equipment & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Maybe even this ridiculous thing to jump-start a car ? I just have no idea ... Amazon.com: JumpTiger - Handheld 12000mAh backup battery that can jump start vehicles; Charge most smartphones, tablet PCs; Support most laptops, car appliances and many more other mobile devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

Here we go, I am just wondering what should I pick as a portable battery because I believe there might be some obscure math going on with Voltage, mAh, etc... I would like to avoid going into a too DIY battery look, just getting a clue on how to get something out of the box that is kind of used everywhere.

I would like to avoid:

1. Breaking the LED
    2. Have the LED to be less brighter than it can (under-power), really try go get the maximum amount of light is the idea.
    3. IF POSSIBLE Even install a dimmer on it, that would be the absolute dream (more for video purpose) ...

So here we go, if you have any advice for me to get the brightest thing possible on the market and that is portable but also very conveniently plug-able into a wall if I happened to do a video work at home, that would be the dream !

Let me know if my evil scheme is totally crazy and un-doable or not and what you would do if you had to get that amount of light in a portable way?

Thanks so much for your time,
    L

RAKC
    Its not designed for bike use and requires a 12V power supply. Hell based on specs it weighs over 6 lbs. Nothing we use for batteries will run that thing for long if at all. The battery pack to run it for any period of time would be massive. Part of that things size is to handle the heat it will generate. You would be better off with atv/lawnmower battery battery but still run time unknown

Your honestly thinking you need far more light than you do. You will be surprised what a 4 xm-l2 light head will put out with ability to change optics.