$10 Headlight on Woot.com- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

$10 Headlight on Woot.com

Just went over to http://www.woot.com/ and they have a 1 watt Luxeon headlamp for $10. I currently have a similar product that also uses a 1 watt Luxeon and I have been super happy with it. I run a 400L on my bars and the 1 watt Luxeon on my head. The Luxeon has been a great companion to the 400L. Super narrow beam perfect for use on your head with great battery life. My current light is discussed here.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=338733

Anyone seen/used this cheaper one? If it is as bright as the one I currently have, I am going to pick up another one. For the price, it is certainly worth checking it out.

EDIT - It seems my current light is actually 3 watt. I am doubting this will have the throw I was expecting.
    Last edited by Glynis27; 03-11-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    '19 Surly Krampus '18 Soma Wolverine '16 Giant Anthem SX '12 Soma Analog SS '07 Felt F1X '97 Schwinn Mesa SS '86 Fuji Club

MTBiker
    Oct 2006
    I have that exact same thing.

It's actually quite good, takes AA's which is nice. The three white LEDs are useless, but the red LEDs are nice for being visible from behind.

I put in an SSC P4 instead. Now the light is a slight donut, slightly better output, overall not really worth it.

It's waterproof, and easily serviceable. I'd recommend it... considering getting another one now haha

edit: forgot to mention the buttons are retardedly small, impossible to press accurately with a gloved hand (let alone a bare hand sometimes) that's the only downside
    We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace -Michael Franti

Members who have read this thread: 0