Paging Kona Joe- Mtbr.com

Thread: Paging Kona Joe

Jan 2005

Paging Kona Joe

Hey Joe...or anyone else who might know...
    I'm rebuilding my Coiler Dee-Lux and the frame is going for powder coat tomorrow but I'm having problems getting the main pivot bolt (8mm hex) loose. The pivot itself is free but I can't break the bolt loose with a T-handle and I didn't wanna try crankin it with a ratchet without at least asking. Just wondering if it's reverse threaded or if there's something else I'm doing wrong because it's extremely tight. Unless there's some trick to it that I'm unaware of my next step is gonna be some breaking fluid and a 1/2 inch ratchet. Any info is greatly appreciated....thanks!

mtbr member
    ask xs will

Meh.
    It's been a while, and I don't really remember. I don't want to mislead you. But those pivots do tend to be pretty tight. Torque specs for various frames range from 100 to 150ish in/lbs. Those T-handles probably will not be able to provide enough leverage. Try a 3/8 or a 1/2 inch drive socket. If it's not coming out from one side, try the other. You may need to have a bit on both sides of the pivot to keep it from just spinning.

Members who have read this thread: 0