Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 176 of 176
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    346
    It's a 65 , was planning to see if it fits , but probably get it reduced anyway

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36

    Dedicated Kona 153 29er forum

    Hi everyone!
    Iím Bruno, from Italy
    I just order a 2018 Process 153 al/dl size L
    Iím 179 cm and 84 inseam

    Enyone know the Weight of my new bike?

    Iím ready to give little upgrade, tubeless conversion , Ergon Carbon saddle and 800 mm Carbon bar

    Iíts my first enduro bike!

    I have just sold my ex ibis ripley ls

    Sorry for my English!


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    171
    Congrats on the new bike - you'll love it.

    My DL version in XL (before upgraded my drivetrain, wheels and brakes) was around 34 lbs ish. So, with your Eagle drivetrain, and in Large, probably about the same weight

    honestly, it'll be hard to shed some weight on this bike without spending arms and legs...literally... On the other hand, you know the frame will last a looong time...
    Kona Process 153 29er

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10
    Iím evaluating the Process 153 AL/DL 29 as my bike for next year and was wondering about the actual weight of the stock WTB Wheelset. Iíve seen it posted that thereís potential for good weight savings by upgrading the wheels but I donít know how much. Ultimately Iím trying to calculate weight saving per dollar of new wheels versus other upgrades. Does anyone know the weight of the stock WTB 29er Wheelset? Thanks for the help!

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBGV View Post
    Iím evaluating the Process 153 AL/DL 29 as my bike for next year and was wondering about the actual weight of the stock WTB Wheelset. Iíve seen it posted that thereís potential for good weight savings by upgrading the wheels but I donít know how much. Ultimately Iím trying to calculate weight saving per dollar of new wheels versus other upgrades. Does anyone know the weight of the stock WTB 29er Wheelset? Thanks for the help!
    I never weighed my stock WTB wheels, but i recently upgraded to ex471 & ex511 (rear and front) with DHF 2.3 rear and DHF 2.5WT front with hope Pro 4 hubs. Judging from a quick "lift" test, i can hardly tell the weight difference both front and rear wheels (with tires mounted on both sets).

    While weight difference might be hard to tell, the ride quality definitely changed...for the better. Finally got to test my bike with the new wheelset, and the bike feels more solid, especially in chunky trails. Also seems to roll better, but maybe it's because my rear rim is narrower. The front wider rim with WT rubber makes a huge difference as well in how the bike tracks through corners and going over chunks.

    in short, i can def feel the difference in ride quality.
    Kona Process 153 29er

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    171
    To add - when i emailed WTB earlier this year regarding their WTB STp wheel weight, they said they didn't have the official weight, but suggested that it'll be about the same or slightly heavier than their WTB Asym rim. So, with that in mind, the weight savings between WTB (using Asym weight) and my DT swiss combo will be about 72 grams - probably why i can't even tell the difference by just "lifting" it.
    Kona Process 153 29er

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    281
    My 27.5 Kona Process CR 153 (not-DL) wheelset was 1155g rear and 1000 front.

    My DT Swiss 471 with Hope Pro 4s was 1053r/930f

    I know its not 29 but maybe helpful somehow?

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    My 27.5 Kona Process CR 153 (not-DL) wheelset was 1155g rear and 1000 front.

    My DT Swiss 471 with Hope Pro 4s was 1053r/930f

    I know its not 29 but maybe helpful somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by bim6180 View Post
    To add - when i emailed WTB earlier this year regarding their WTB STp wheel weight, they said they didn't have the official weight, but suggested that it'll be about the same or slightly heavier than their WTB Asym rim. So, with that in mind, the weight savings between WTB (using Asym weight) and my DT swiss combo will be about 72 grams - probably why i can't even tell the difference by just "lifting" it.
    Thanks all for the info! It sounds like weight savings would be around 100-200 grams with a new wheelset which isn't a material weight savings considering the money spent to do the upgrade. It does sound like a better wheelset performs much better though. I'm looking hard at the 153 AL/DL 29 but not sure how I feel about investing several hundred dollars just to get down to 32 or 33 lbs. Very good info and certainly help with me evaluation process!

  9. #109
    loud hubs save lives
    Reputation: sennaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    686
    Not a direct answer but my Hightower LT came with a wtb i29 STp / sram wheelset.

    When i swapped to my existing I9 wheels i dropped at least a pound of wheel weight. I say ď at least ď because i swapped some other parts around too, but when i put them on my Honzo it also gained over a pound.

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    171
    Yeah, when deciding between AL and AL/DL, don't take the weight into consideration. Look at what you get for that extra $500, which is basically: GX Eagle (Mech only) vs. NX, Super Deluxe shocks vs. Deluxe, and 3C DHF vs. the dual on AL.

    For me, Deluxe shock is good enough for my riding (including bike park trips), so i ended up with the AL version. After a year of ownership, i upgraded stuff that broke with better components.
    Kona Process 153 29er

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by bim6180 View Post
    Congrats on the new bike - you'll love it.

    My DL version in XL (before upgraded my drivetrain, wheels and brakes) was around 34 lbs ish. So, with your Eagle drivetrain, and in Large, probably about the same weight

    honestly, it'll be hard to shed some weight on this bike without spending arms and legs...literally... On the other hand, you know the frame will last a looong time...
    Grazie!


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by sennaster View Post
    Not a direct answer but my Hightower LT came with a wtb i29 STp / sram wheelset.

    When i swapped to my existing I9 wheels i dropped at least a pound of wheel weight. I say ď at least ď because i swapped some other parts around too, but when i put them on my Honzo it also gained over a pound.
    Great info, thank you!

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36


    Finally iím ride my new process!
    There is a fantastic bike,
    Climbing like an xc bike!
    In discend iím not a enougt confidence but the bike is very plush and easy to ride,

    Iím love my new bike

    Merry Christmas


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1
    I'm riding my Process CR/DL 29" 2019 for 2 months now and I'm on love with this bike. It's playfull as ****, corners like hell and actually climbs realy well.

    The only thing I changed was:

    -Chromag grips

    -Cushcore in the rear tire

    Dedicated Kona 153 29er forum-p5pb16692514.jpg

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Uwibami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunopiru View Post


    Finally iím ride my new process!
    There is a fantastic bike,
    Climbing like an xc bike!
    In discend iím not a enougt confidence but the bike is very plush and easy to ride,

    Iím love my new bike

    Merry Christmas


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas and congratulations on the new bike, the process 153 is such a great bike

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunopiru View Post


    Finally iím ride my new process!
    There is a fantastic bike,
    Climbing like an xc bike!
    In discend iím not a enougt confidence but the bike is very plush and easy to ride,

    Iím love my new bike

    Merry Christmas


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    What size frame is that, a L or XL? I have a Medium and I cannot get a regular sized bottle to fit.

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    214
    Anyone run a 170mm One Up dropper post on their Medium frame? My 150mm Fox Transfer is about 1-2 cm too long. I think the 170 lower half will work since it is shorter than the Transfer and then I can shim it down to where I want it, but I can't return if I am wrong and the post gets scratched.

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Staktup View Post
    What size frame is that, a L or XL? I have a Medium and I cannot get a regular sized bottle to fit.
    Itís large size


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    214
    Grazie

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36
    Prego!
    The bottle fit very difficultly in the frame, iím need a smaller bottle , in the medium size probably the problem is biggest


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    170
    I'm considering picking up the 2018 Kona Process 153 AL 29, but I've got a few questions, that I thought you guys might be able to help with.

    I see some of the specs listed on their website for the 2019 version, but I can't find anything official for the 2018's for some reason. Its just that the good deals right now are on the older version, which is all that brings it into my price range.

    I'm kind of in between sizes. I'm about 6'1", and think I'm a large, but I'm not sure, and I don't have any locally that I can sit on to try out.

    I see that the DL comes with a 170mm dropper for the large size, but I can't seem to find any info on the non-DL version. Does anyone happen to know?

    How are the level T brakes, and what size are the rotors? I'm about 200lbs in riding gear, and am curious how they'll hold up. I see that the 2019 version upgraded up to the Guide T's, so it seems that Kona was aware of that.

    I've been warry of PF BB's. Any problems with them in this case? Am I worried about that for no reason?

    And, for those of you that have had them for a while, anything you've found about it that you'd change?

    Anyway, thanks again for the help. And who knows, maybe I'll end up with one soon .

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    214
    Just do a search for ď2018 Kona Process 153 AL 29Ē ad you should be able to find your model. click on it and scroll down for specs and Geo. There should be no diff between DL and non DL frames. Kona has bike specs dating back to 2014 AFAIK.

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Uwibami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    I'm considering picking up the 2018 Kona Process 153 AL 29, but I've got a few questions, that I thought you guys might be able to help with.

    I see some of the specs listed on their website for the 2019 version, but I can't find anything official for the 2018's for some reason. Its just that the good deals right now are on the older version, which is all that brings it into my price range.

    I'm kind of in between sizes. I'm about 6'1", and think I'm a large, but I'm not sure, and I don't have any locally that I can sit on to try out.

    I see that the DL comes with a 170mm dropper for the large size, but I can't seem to find any info on the non-DL version. Does anyone happen to know?

    How are the level T brakes, and what size are the rotors? I'm about 200lbs in riding gear, and am curious how they'll hold up. I see that the 2019 version upgraded up to the Guide T's, so it seems that Kona was aware of that.

    I've been warry of PF BB's. Any problems with them in this case? Am I worried about that for no reason?

    And, for those of you that have had them for a while, anything you've found about it that you'd change?

    Anyway, thanks again for the help. And who knows, maybe I'll end up with one soon .
    Good for you, you will really enjoy the bike. Here is what I can comment on, hope it helps. I am a shade over 6' and weigh 255. I ride a large 29 CR/DL and it is a BIG Bike.
    so the Large should be fine, plus, you can always fine tune with stem size and the like. Dropper is a 170. PF/ BB is not a problem. only weak point is the Level T brakes. I had them on my Hightower as Original equipment and I think they are junk but, as you start riding more you will change out a lot of the components, we all do. very few people ride box stock for long. all that being said, the bike on a whole is a comfortable bulldozer. you will love it. good luck, have fun and post pix when you get her.
    " What do you want for yourself?"

    2018 Roll Comp X1
    2018 Santa Cruz HT 27.5+
    2019 Kona Process 153 CR/DL 29

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    170
    Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it .

    Quote Originally Posted by Staktup View Post
    Just do a search for ď2018 Kona Process 153 AL 29Ē ad you should be able to find your model. click on it and scroll down for specs and Geo. There should be no diff between DL and non DL frames. Kona has bike specs dating back to 2014 AFAIK.
    Ah, I thought I'd scoured their website pretty well. I didn't end up finding it the way you said, but just by poking around a bit more. I was looking for an archive, or other similar link at the main level. I wasn't expecting it to be burried as a sub-tab of current bikes.

    Even then though, strangely it doesn't list things like the length of the dropper, even on their own page. I did find the size of the rotors there though, which was helpful. Thanks for prompting me to take another look.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    Good for you, you will really enjoy the bike. Here is what I can comment on, hope it helps. I am a shade over 6' and weigh 255. I ride a large 29 CR/DL and it is a BIG Bike.
    so the Large should be fine, plus, you can always fine tune with stem size and the like. Dropper is a 170. PF/ BB is not a problem. only weak point is the Level T brakes. I had them on my Hightower as Original equipment and I think they are junk but, as you start riding more you will change out a lot of the components, we all do. very few people ride box stock for long. all that being said, the bike on a whole is a comfortable bulldozer. you will love it. good luck, have fun and post pix when you get her.
    I really appreciate the help sir, especially on the sizing.

    I kind of got to confirm that today, when I had the chance to briefly ride a Marin San Quentin 2 (Hardtail), in XL. That shouldn't sound related... but when I looked at the geo chart, the XL Marin has very similar reach (Marin has 484mm, Process is 475mm), and similar STA (Marin has 75, Process 76) and HTA (65 vs 66 respectively) numbers as the process. And the best part, was that if fit me great. So I'm feeling like a large is probably much closer to correct than the 510mm reach XL.

    I have seen reviews saying the dropper is a 170 on the higher end models, but I haven't seen anything that says what length it is on the vanilla Aluminum model. You're saying its the same size on the TransX dropper post equiped models? In which case, thats good news .

    And, thats too bad that the brakes aren't great. But as I can't afford the extra cash to upgrade to the Deluxe model, that will just have to be something that I uprade in due time. I'm glad Kona stepped it up to an entry level 4 pot for 2019. It sounds like its needed.

    Thanks again for the feedback. Its great to hear from some actual owners.

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    171
    Just to add. - 2018 And 2019 process are basically the same frame with different color scheme. I have the 2018 AL 29, a tad under 6í2, and the XL fits me well. Both large and XL comes with 170 transX dropper.

    Rotors are 200 front and 180 rear. Level T was ok. Used it for one year including highland bike park. They did fade by end of the day, but that was to be expected from lower end brakes. Just recently swapped them with hope e3.
    Kona Process 153 29er

  26. #126
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Uwibami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    209
    When you get ready to upgrade the brakes, check out the TRP Slate T 4s. Awesome breaking power and great modulation without breaking the bank.

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36

    Dedicated Kona 153 29er forum

    Iím not sure but my 2018 Process al/dl have an reverb in 150 mm size L


    After 10 year iím put on my bike flat pedal!



    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    171
    [QUOTE=Brunopiru;13938898]Iím not sure but my 2018 Process al/dl have an reverb in 150 mm size L


    Ah - my bad then - so only XL comes with 170mm Dropper.
    Kona Process 153 29er

  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    124
    [QUOTE=bim6180;13939222]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunopiru View Post
    Iím not sure but my 2018 Process al/dl have an reverb in 150 mm size L


    Ah - my bad then - so only XL comes with 170mm Dropper.
    My '18 AL/DL in XL came with a 170mm Reverb, as did a friend's '18 CR (27.5) in L. I think it has to do with both size and build/spec. as to which ones have 170s and which have 150s.

  30. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    214
    Thanks guys. I'm gonna try a 170 with shims on my Med frame and will report back.

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    170
    Well, I decided that the deal Jenson had was too good to pass up, even though the 153 was a bit more bike than I was originally looking for. I put my order in on Saturday night for a large 2018 Process 153 AL 29'er. Looks like they expect it to ship out tomorrow, so I should have it early next week.

    My current bike is a 7yr old 26'er hardtail, with 100mm of coil fork travel in 30mm stanchions, with 3x10, no dropper, and QR front and rear.

    I'm expecting the Process should be fairly different .


    Quote Originally Posted by bim6180 View Post
    Yeah, when deciding between AL and AL/DL, don't take the weight into consideration. Look at what you get for that extra $500, which is basically: GX Eagle (Mech only) vs. NX, Super Deluxe shocks vs. Deluxe, and 3C DHF vs. the dual on AL.

    For me, Deluxe shock is good enough for my riding (including bike park trips), so i ended up with the AL version. After a year of ownership, i upgraded stuff that broke with better components.
    Like I said above, coming from what I'm currently riding, I figured the base model 153 was enough of a shock (to me, as well as my wallet), that I decided not to make the leap to the DL model.

    Out of curiosity, what has broken for you? Just curious what to expect...

    Thanks everyone .

  32. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    Well, I decided that the deal Jenson had was too good to pass up, even though the 153 was a bit more bike than I was originally looking for. I put my order in on Saturday night for a large 2018 Process 153 AL 29'er. Looks like they expect it to ship out tomorrow, so I should have it early next week.

    My current bike is a 7yr old 26'er hardtail, with 100mm of coil fork travel in 30mm stanchions, with 3x10, no dropper, and QR front and rear.

    I'm expecting the Process should be fairly different .




    Like I said above, coming from what I'm currently riding, I figured the base model 153 was enough of a shock (to me, as well as my wallet), that I decided not to make the leap to the DL model.

    Out of curiosity, what has broken for you? Just curious what to expect...

    Thanks everyone .
    Congrats on the purchase! you won't regret it.

    I too came from a cheap hardtail before i got my process 1.5 years ago, and it was night and day in terms of basically everything . I can even climb better on process vs. my cheap hardtail.

    What has broken? i snapped my NX derailleur into two pieces going down a rough rock chute (chain jumped from large cog to spokes). So upgraded to XT shifter, Mech, and sunrace 11- 46.

    Other than that, the bike is pretty bomb proof. I can't even get the cheap transX dropper to stop working
    Kona Process 153 29er

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by bim6180 View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! you won't regret it.

    I too came from a cheap hardtail before i got my process 1.5 years ago, and it was night and day in terms of basically everything . I can even climb better on process vs. my cheap hardtail.

    What has broken? i snapped my NX derailleur into two pieces going down a rough rock chute (chain jumped from large cog to spokes). So upgraded to XT shifter, Mech, and sunrace 11- 46.

    Other than that, the bike is pretty bomb proof. I can't even get the cheap transX dropper to stop working
    Was the derailleur adjusted correctly, or did it get hit? As this is my first 1x system, I thought I would just ride it as it comes. But if I find myself needing more help on the steep climbs, I'd go with that same sunrace cassette.

    And thanks, I'm excited to get it. It should be quite the difference, and hope it helps give me the confidence to learn some more skills .

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    346
    The NX rear mech on mine died too, clutch failed, took SRAM 6 weeks to warranty too ! Also running xt 11-46 now

  35. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    119
    Anyone running Fox 36/DPX2 on their Process 153 or a 44mm offset fork?

    I will demo a RockShox build 153 soon against the Ripmo (same LBS) and a RM instinct BC...anyone with history riding these back to back?

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation: minimusprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRdWarrior View Post
    Anyone running Fox 36/DPX2 on their Process 153 or a 44mm offset fork?

    I will demo a RockShox build 153 soon against the Ripmo (same LBS) and a RM instinct BC...anyone with history riding these back to back?
    Good question. I noticed that the process uses internal headset cubs in lieu of an integrated headset. I was realizing last night that I could potentially put a works 1 degree (slacker) headset in the process, with a 44mm offset 150 or 160mm fork. This would net you geo numbers similar to the transition sentinal with shorter chainstays. The size XL process would be starting to get a big long at that point, but seems like for the Large and smaller bikes it may be a great way to go.

    That being said, I think the 51mm fork is one of the things that makes the process intuitive to ride. I demo'd one the other day and coming from an Santacruz Hightower LT, I found that the bike was way more playful, but didn't feel all that foreign.

    I do think that this bike would be interesting to try with a 44mm offset fork however.

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36
    I have check my seatpost
    Is 170 mm in size L frame


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by minimusprime View Post
    Good question. I noticed that the process uses internal headset cubs in lieu of an integrated headset. I was realizing last night that I could potentially put a works 1 degree (slacker) headset in the process, with a 44mm offset 150 or 160mm fork. This would net you geo numbers similar to the transition sentinal with shorter chainstays. The size XL process would be starting to get a big long at that point, but seems like for the Large and smaller bikes it may be a great way to go.

    That being said, I think the 51mm fork is one of the things that makes the process intuitive to ride. I demo'd one the other day and coming from an Santacruz Hightower LT, I found that the bike was way more playful, but didn't feel all that foreign.

    I do think that this bike would be interesting to try with a 44mm offset fork however.
    @minimusprime, love the name first of all and thatís good info on the offset on the Process. I did see a video online where you can slacken our the bike a little by adding a cup but if l was to build up a bike from the frame up l am trying to think of the best fork and yet to see a DPX2 on the Process. Iím 6ft and about 265 so l just have had better performance and less bottoming out with Fox than others in the past.

    How much does your HTLT weigh and could you notice the weight difference on the Kona? Iím heading to throw a leg over a Process tomorrow however weíre expecting rain/snow this weekend here in NC so the demo may have to wait.

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation: minimusprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRdWarrior View Post
    @minimusprime, love the name first of all and thatís good info on the offset on the Process. I did see a video online where you can slacken our the bike a little by adding a cup but if l was to build up a bike from the frame up l am trying to think of the best fork and yet to see a DPX2 on the Process. Iím 6ft and about 265 so l just have had better performance and less bottoming out with Fox than others in the past.

    How much does your HTLT weigh and could you notice the weight difference on the Kona? Iím heading to throw a leg over a Process tomorrow however weíre expecting rain/snow this weekend here in NC so the demo may have to wait.
    My particular HTLT is a bit of a beast. I have 30IW CF wheels, but I have a 2.5-DHF, 2.4 DHR2 Mounted up to them. 200mm rotors front and rear, GX eagle drivetrain and a 150mm pike with an ACS3 Coil conversion. I digress, my size L hightower weighs 31.5 lbs, and the size L kona process 153 CR/DL my lbs has as a demo, happened to weigh 31.9 lbs on my scale. Oddly, my LBS has the same 2.5 DHF F / 2.4 DHRII rear setup on the demo bike as I have on my hightower. I'd venture a guess that my CF wheels on that 153 CR/DL would drop the weight down to about 31.2 or so.

    So the difference between the two is negligible. FWIW, I have a trail/XC race bike that is a 130F/100R 29r that weighs 27lbs. I don't notice all that much of a difference between that bike and my 31.5 lb hightower. That's mostly because I have a nice light wheelset on both bikes and that's where I notice the weight the most. As long as the weight is in the frame (sprung mass) I don't notice it all that much. That being said, I'm a 185lb advanced rider that is really tough on equipment, so I don't weight weenie much stuff. The lightest bike I could be on without having reliability issues would be around 26-28lbs. I'd include yeti in that, because I could get an SB100 that weighs in the 24lb region, but i've seen a lot of people my weight and above, and aggro riders trash yeti rear triangles... so yeah. Hefty bikes it is for me.

    Also fwiw, the kona felt way more playful then my hightower, mostly due to the short stays. In that regard, the kona felt like a lighter bike because it was more nimble.

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRdWarrior View Post
    Anyone running Fox 36/DPX2 on their Process 153 or a 44mm offset fork?
    I'm running a DPX2 (62.5mm version) on my 27.5 CR. Great shock, was a definite upgrade from the Deluxe RT, although I'd probably run the Super Deluxe happily if I had one.

    Quote Originally Posted by minimusprime View Post
    Good question. I noticed that the process uses internal headset cubs in lieu of an integrated headset. I was realizing last night that I could potentially put a works 1 degree (slacker) headset in the process, with a 44mm offset 150 or 160mm fork. This would net you geo numbers similar to the transition sentinal with shorter chainstays.
    I'm running a -1 Works Headset in min, with a 170mm Lyrik. It makes for a very confidence inspiring and fast descender, but a 160mm fork config would be a better all-rounder.

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by minimusprime View Post
    My particular HTLT is a bit of a beast. I have 30IW CF wheels, but I have a 2.5-DHF, 2.4 DHR2 Mounted up to them. 200mm rotors front and rear, GX eagle drivetrain and a 150mm pike with an ACS3 Coil conversion. I digress, my size L hightower weighs 31.5 lbs, and the size L kona process 153 CR/DL my lbs has as a demo, happened to weigh 31.9 lbs on my scale. Oddly, my LBS has the same 2.5 DHF F / 2.4 DHRII rear setup on the demo bike as I have on my hightower. I'd venture a guess that my CF wheels on that 153 CR/DL would drop the weight down to about 31.2 or so.

    So the difference between the two is negligible. FWIW, I have a trail/XC race bike that is a 130F/100R 29r that weighs 27lbs. I don't notice all that much of a difference between that bike and my 31.5 lb hightower. That's mostly because I have a nice light wheelset on both bikes and that's where I notice the weight the most. As long as the weight is in the frame (sprung mass) I don't notice it all that much. That being said, I'm a 185lb advanced rider that is really tough on equipment, so I don't weight weenie much stuff. The lightest bike I could be on without having reliability issues would be around 26-28lbs. I'd include yeti in that, because I could get an SB100 that weighs in the 24lb region, but i've seen a lot of people my weight and above, and aggro riders trash yeti rear triangles... so yeah. Hefty bikes it is for me.

    Also fwiw, the kona felt way more playful then my hightower, mostly due to the short stays. In that regard, the kona felt like a lighter bike because it was more nimble.
    Good info for l was thinking the Kona would be 3-5lb heavier. Iím imagining the Ripmo and RM Instinct BC May weigh less but may have less room in the cockpit for a guy my size. Would love to build from frame up but thinking that may be go my budget; Iím definitely wanting 200mm rotors up front and back, most likely XT 4 pistůn with a great wheel/hub mix and GX build.

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    I'm running a DPX2 (62.5mm version) on my 27.5 CR. Great shock, was a definite upgrade from the Deluxe RT, although I'd probably run the Super Deluxe happily if I had one.



    I'm running a -1 Works Headset in min, with a 170mm Lyrik. It makes for a very confidence inspiring and fast descender, but a 160mm fork config would be a better all-rounder.

    @toodles, how would you say the DPX2 feels in comparison to the Deluxe or other on the Kona? Any pics?

    It would be nice if Kona allowed for upgrades and more custom combinations on their bikes but weíll see after riding one soon hopefully; testing out both 27.5/29.

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BossLog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRdWarrior View Post
    @toodles, how would you say the DPX2 feels in comparison to the Deluxe or other on the Kona? Any pics?

    It would be nice if Kona allowed for upgrades and more custom combinations on their bikes but weíll see after riding one soon hopefully; testing out both 27.5/29.
    Trying to decide between the 29 and 27.5 wheel size on a 153 CR. If you have a chance to come back and post a comparison that would be rad.

    Anyone else have time on both big and small wheels?

  44. #144
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Preence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    9
    The immortal sizing question: What you guys in between sizes ride? I'm 5.9, rather short arms, and leaning towards M. However, any input highly appreciated.

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by BossLog View Post
    Trying to decide between the 29 and 27.5 wheel size on a 153 CR. If you have a chance to come back and post a comparison that would be rad.

    Anyone else have time on both big and small wheels?
    I'm gonna check out some sizes this week for what they have in stock locally however it won't be a full demo due to the weather....I'll post after I throw a leg over a couple of sizes of the 27.5/29er.

    Would be nice if they made one model frame for both wheels sizes.

  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Preence View Post
    The immortal sizing question: What you guys in between sizes ride? I'm 5.9, rather short arms, and leaning towards M. However, any input highly appreciated.
    I have a buddy who just ordered a '18 Process 153 CR.

    He's 5'9", and he said the medium fit him amazingly well, like better than any of his other bikes so far. I think with how close you guys are in height, Medium sounds pretty correct to me.

    I'm 6'1", and ordered a large (gets here on Monday... sigh). I sat on a large at a local shop, and thought it felt great. I may have been able to make an XL work, but the large felt pretty similar to my current bike, and so I went for it.

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Preence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    9
    Thank you guys, really appreciate it.

  48. #148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    170
    Any idea how long the pivot bearings are lasting on these bikes?

    I see Kona is mentioning in their literature/website that they have really oversized pivots, because they test them/develop them up in the PNW. So I'm curious what sort of longevity people have been getting out of them.

    Also, I don't see anything about the crank length on these on their website. Do you guys know?

    Maybe I'm just killing time, as its ideal riding weather this weekend, and my bike doesn't get here until Monday...

    Thanks everyone .

  49. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    Any idea how long the pivot bearings are lasting on these bikes?

    I see Kona is mentioning in their literature/website that they have really oversized pivots, because they test them/develop them up in the PNW. So I'm curious what sort of longevity people have been getting out of them.

    Also, I don't see anything about the crank length on these on their website. Do you guys know?

    Maybe I'm just killing time, as its ideal riding weather this weekend, and my bike doesn't get here until Monday...

    Thanks everyone .
    The bearings are huge and mine have survived the Trans NZ and Trans BC multi day enduros (both had rainy days), the whistler enduro and 14 months of riding. Still smoothly rotating when I checked them last.

    The stock cranks on my M were 175 but I left them in the shop and got 170s put on before I took it home. I have hobbit legs though.

  50. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRdWarrior View Post
    @toodles, how would you say the DPX2 feels in comparison to the Deluxe or other on the Kona? Any pics?

    It would be nice if Kona allowed for upgrades and more custom combinations on their bikes but weíll see after riding one soon hopefully; testing out both 27.5/29.
    Dedicated Kona 153 29er forum-kona.jpg

    I think the Super Deluxe is pretty decent from what I've heard, but the Deluxe RT was crap. No LSC adjuster on it, and the rebound adjuster made the compression change feel. The DPX is nicely made and seems super reliable. Fitting it was no issue, even though I went with the 2.5mm extra shaft travel which should give the bike around 160mm of rear wheel travel. That size trunnion goes all the way to 65mm travel, but I think the wheel will hit the frame if I did that.

  51. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kona.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	378.0 KB 
ID:	1233239

    I think the Super Deluxe is pretty decent from what I've heard, but the Deluxe RT was crap. No LSC adjuster on it, and the rebound adjuster made the compression change feel. The DPX is nicely made and seems super reliable. Fitting it was no issue, even though I went with the 2.5mm extra shaft travel which should give the bike around 160mm of rear wheel travel. That size trunnion goes all the way to 65mm travel, but I think the wheel will hit the frame if I did that.
    @toodles good info on the DPX2; Iíve ridden 5 diff demo bikes and def like the adjustability and simplicity of that shock vs the X2.

    I went to the LBS to hop over a cpl bikes this weekend and the Medium 27.5 153 is def too small for a guy my size (5í11 260); 30inseam. I am not a big fan of the Rockshox fork/shock combo and even when buying the 153 CR/DL frame youíve gotta go with a Rockshox shock.

    When l moved over to the 29er Large fit pretty well, almost able to stand flat footed over the top tube but just wish that seat would get lower...they suggested the OneUp post to solve this. They have both med and large 29er for demo and will throw down some $ For a demo soon. I think the cockpit on the Kona was just a bit bigger than the Ripmo. The Kona didnít feel as big as the large Ripmo which fits me pretty well. l built up a Ripmo last night online with XTR Trail brakes, heavy duty Grade 300 I9 wheels, Fox suspension and a GX/X01 build within $150 of the Kona high end build CR/DL 29er so for that l think l may have to go with the Ripmo but going to travel a cpl hours soon to try out a RM Instinct BC.

  52. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRdWarrior View Post
    @toodles good info on the DPX2; Iíve ridden 5 diff demo bikes and def like the adjustability and simplicity of that shock vs the X2.
    The X2 air can is so big they don't ramp up very much even full of spacers, which may be an issue for larger/more aggressive riders on the Kona.

  53. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20
    I am in need of some advice. I am looking at the 2018 29er AL DL process 153. I am coming off of a large steel honzo. My question is what size should I go with? I am 6'2" and 210lbs. I am at the end of the large frame and beginning of the xl per kona. I like the feel of my large honzo but have never rode a modern full suspension.

    Last question, I live in western NC and want to make sure I don't purchase a lead slead when it come to climbing. I understand it will not be like my hard tail but how does the 153 climb?

    Thanks in advance!

  54. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Preence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    9
    Will Ritchie, the BikeMag editor who is 6'1 loved the fit of L Process :

    "Rarely do we hear the word 'fit' and think about a mountain bike's capability [...] The Kona Process 153 CR/DL 29 fit me like a glove. I'm 6-foot-1, gangly, have a short torso and long legs. When I stand up straight, I'm still in the riding position. Mike Ferrentino is normally proportioned. It fit him perfectly too." Though, I don't know how tall Mike Ferrentino is.

  55. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    887
    For over a year I've been on a 2018 AL/DL 153 in 27.5 and it's been great. I'm 6'4" so XL was a no brainer. I ride tight/tech NE single track and for a big bike it does well in tight sections with the 27.5 wheels. It's stellar in the rocky/rooty trails and powers over obstacles well...so much better than any bike I've ever had. I would have gone with 29 if my typical terrain was more open but I'm really happy with the 27.5.

    Regarding your question on L vs XL...as usual it depends on what you're typical riding is like. I can tell you the XL is a HUGE bike with the 27.5" wheels...obviously will be even bigger with 29's. I look up at tip of front tire when standing bike upright. I have to mount it 'kitty-corner' in my 6'4" pickup bed to close tailgate. A buddy just picked up a 2018 Jeffsy 29er in Large and the Kona is an inch or so longer. Also of note, when I uncrated XL the fork tube comes pre-cut so I had no adjustment to raise bars/stem. I eventually picked up a Renthal Fatbar with 40mm rise to take excessive weight off hands/wrists with seat up high enough for full leg extension on climbs. If you have long legs you may need to do the same. I also added an MRP bash guard which is needed around here.

    Despite it's size (and heft) it really climbs great. It puts power down well and stays planted...at least as good or better than my 26" Heckler it replaced. The honeymoon is over and I still love this bike for all-round riding (no shuttles or lift serviced terrain). I do plenty of climbing but probably don't have as many extended climbs like you may in NC. If you are a weight weeny, this bike would NOT be for you because it tips scales at 32-33lbs.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...

  56. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    124
    I'm about 1/2" taller than you and am on an XL 2018 AL/DL 29er. I love it, but i like the feel of big bikes. That said, if I lived someplace with tight trails and switchbacks, I might go with a Lg. The XL is very stable at speed but that nearly 50" wheelbase can get to be a handful on slow speed technical areas. The Lg is 1.5" shorter in wheelbase and 1.4" shorter in reach and effective top tube length (the effect of the head angle and the increased stack height is the reason for the difference between the 1.5 in the WB and the 1.4 in the reach.) If I were in between sizes I'd definitely find a way to sit on them and evaluate your local terrain and preferences.
    Regarding the climbing - these bikes work very well. The geo just puts you in a great position to motor up climbs. If there's a downside, it's the weight - these bikes aren't light. Mine is 35# with beefy tires on SC Reserve wheels with the stock (heavy) drivetrain and handlebars. I'm sure my bike could be 32# with some different choices in those departments but 32# still isn't light compared to a lot of bikes out there. I don't worry too much about it since I'm 30# or 40# overweight anyway. Those lbs around my belly are doing a lot more to hold me back on climbs that 3, 5, or even 10 lbs on the bike are.

  57. #157
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12
    I've been eyeing the same great deal. I'm 6' tall and thinking large. What size did you go with? T

  58. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20
    I am leaning towards the large to keep it playful and not to long. The reach will be the same as my Honzo.

  59. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20
    Ok I pulled the trigger on the Large 2018 29er AL DL 153 from Jenson. They price match so if anyone is in the market shoot me a message and I will send you a link to save some more $$ on what i think is a great deal to begin with.

  60. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Preence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    9
    Congrats. Don't forget to post some feedback, how it fits, how it feels etc

  61. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Preence View Post
    Congrats. Don't forget to post some feedback, how it fits, how it feels etc
    Will do!

  62. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Preence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    9
    Dedicated Kona 153 29er forum-181220-pjk-324-1280x853.jpg

    Somebody recognizes what size Process she holds?

    This is Miranda Miller, 5'9.

  63. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Preence View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	181220-pjk-324-1280x853.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	273.7 KB 
ID:	1233875

    Somebody recognizes what size Process she holds?

    This is Miranda Miller, 5'9.
    My guess is size L since she can fit a regular sized water bottle.

  64. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Preence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    9
    It looks like L size to me too, not 100% sure though.

  65. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    170
    Took my '18 AL 29'er on its first ride yesterday .

    Dedicated Kona 153 29er forum-kona_process_153_al_first_ride.jpg

    I snuck away from from work and took a long lunch yesterday, and only managed to ride for ~35 min (3.5 miles, 600ft elevation gain). Wish I had time for more, but its way better than nothing.

    First thoughts, after coming from a 7 yr old hardtail... is that its way different. Besides the rear suspension, I was also trying to get used to the dropper (which is having issues returning to full height with one lever press. It stops about 10-20mm short after one press, then comes back up on the second), like 120mm wider bars, different shifter setup, etc.

    I'm sure I'll adjust to it. Its just a lot of changes all at once, and literally only one decent so far under my belt to get used to it. But, the upside, is I hit, and cleared every feature on the trail first go... which hasn't happened before, so the results are promising .

    Also, I see that earlier in the thread that someone checked in their AL/DL for volume spacers in the rear. Has anyone checked to see if the normal AL has any volume spacers preinstalled?

    The trail I rode was pretty flowy, with a small jump. I was at ~30% sag on the rear, and 25% on the front. According to the o ring on the shock, I used all the rear travel, twice (I re-set it after the jump). So I'm thinking some volume reducers will be in order back there. I'm just not sure if it already has some, or if I'll have to resort to less sag.

    The fork I only used ~75% or so travel, which seems more appropriate.

  66. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Preence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    9
    It's a medium what Miranda Miller rides, confirmation from the first hand -official FB Kona bikes.

  67. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    Took my '18 AL 29'er on its first ride yesterday .

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kona_Process_153_AL_First_Ride.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	310.6 KB 
ID:	1233982

    I snuck away from from work and took a long lunch yesterday, and only managed to ride for ~35 min (3.5 miles, 600ft elevation gain). Wish I had time for more, but its way better than nothing.

    First thoughts, after coming from a 7 yr old hardtail... is that its way different. Besides the rear suspension, I was also trying to get used to the dropper (which is having issues returning to full height with one lever press. It stops about 10-20mm short after one press, then comes back up on the second), like 120mm wider bars, different shifter setup, etc.

    I'm sure I'll adjust to it. Its just a lot of changes all at once, and literally only one decent so far under my belt to get used to it. But, the upside, is I hit, and cleared every feature on the trail first go... which hasn't happened before, so the results are promising .

    Also, I see that earlier in the thread that someone checked in their AL/DL for volume spacers in the rear. Has anyone checked to see if the normal AL has any volume spacers preinstalled?

    The trail I rode was pretty flowy, with a small jump. I was at ~30% sag on the rear, and 25% on the front. According to the o ring on the shock, I used all the rear travel, twice (I re-set it after the jump). So I'm thinking some volume reducers will be in order back there. I'm just not sure if it already has some, or if I'll have to resort to less sag.

    The fork I only used ~75% or so travel, which seems more appropriate.
    My AL came with one token, I fitted another and it was spot on (im 90kg)

    My dropper also needed quite a bit more air from new, bit of a pain as you have to remove the saddle

  68. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbers View Post
    My AL came with one token, I fitted another and it was spot on (im 90kg)

    My dropper also needed quite a bit more air from new, bit of a pain as you have to remove the saddle
    Thanks for the info sir!

    My fully geared up riding weight is nearly identical to yours, so this is very helpful to hear.

    Last night I discovered that I must have set my sag while the compression lockout was still partially engaged (rookie mistake :/), so I was running more sag than I thought I was (was actually closer to 40-45%... *sigh*...)

    I've adjusted it now(~28% without my full riding kit, should put me in the ballpark after I throw on my backpack/water/helmet/etc), and will take it out for another test run, and see how it feels. And if I'm still using lots of travel, will likely get another spacer and install it like you have done.

    My dropper also came WAYY low in pressure. It calls for 220-250 psi or something like that, and mine out of the box was at ~110 psi or so. I'm up in the 230-240 range now IIRC, and it springs up nicely ... until about the last 20-30mm of travel. Then it comes to a stop. If I leave the cable actuated, it kind of pauses for a second, then more slowly returns to full height taking maybe another second. Or if I release the cable ,and then press it again, it skips the first pause, but then does the same "slower than the first 90% of travel" return speed.

    It just seems weird that it doesn't return all the way all at once, and instead gets close, pauses, and then goes the rest of the way. Any idea what could be causing that? Its my first dropper post, so I'm still new to troubleshooting these.

  69. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20
    Try loosening your seat post clamp and see if that helps with the dropper issue.

  70. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbers View Post
    My AL came with one token, I fitted another and it was spot on (im 90kg)

    My dropper also needed quite a bit more air from new, bit of a pain as you have to remove the saddle
    That's weird. my AL (Black frame with teal color version) came with 2 tokens in my Deluxe shock (just did my 50-hr service the other week). I'm on XL - maybe different amount of token for different frame size?

    Yes, my dropper needed a lot more psi when I first got it. It's been working great for a cheap dropper.
    Kona Process 153 29er

  71. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    170
    So, I just went out and loosened my seat post clamp. It does return a bit better, but still more sluggish on the last bit. Perhaps the pressure is still a bit too low. But thanks for the tip. I didn't think the seat post was that tight, but apparently it was.

    Also, I don't think I can go looser on the clamp, as when I do loosen it up, I get the saddle rotating in the seatpost. Maybe I need to get a torque wrench to make sure I'm not overdoing it in the future.

    EDIT: Also, for you guys that have different numbers of tokens in the same model (2018, AL, 29'er), is there space for more? Right now I'm thinking I may just need one more than what I currently have. I just don't know if I have any at the moment, as I haven't opened it up at all :/.

    So as long as one, or possibly two more would fit, its not a big deal.

  72. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    171
    you can fit up to 3 bottomless tokens, or 1 gnar + 2 bottomless tokens. If you go with gnar, make sure you install that first before installing additional bottomless. 1 Gnar equals 2.5 bottomless.
    Kona Process 153 29er

  73. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    43
    Just got mine. Shop took better photos than me. Just need snow to melt.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs0ugDlnK-7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=18ffe5a0orm9j

  74. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Preence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    9
    Beaut. Large frame?

  75. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Uwibami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by RooR View Post
    Just got mine. Shop took better photos than me. Just need snow to melt.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs0ugDln...=18ffe5a0orm9j
    Congrats, you will love it. Best bike I've ever ridden / owned.

  76. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Staktup View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm gonna try a 170 with shims on my Med frame and will report back.
    Well, I got the One Up 170 post and did not have to use shims at all. Compared to my Fox Transfer 150, it fits me perfectly but there are a few inches of the lower post housing sticking up; the collar is not flush at the clamp but I'm just glad I don;t have to monkey around with anything. The Transfer is now up for sale...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Kona Process 153 29er or Nukeproof Mega 290?
    By rj9294 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-04-2018, 02:09 PM
  2. Experimenting with my Kona Process 111 29er & 153 650b
    By Staktup in forum 26+/27.5+/29+ Plus Bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2017, 11:01 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-03-2017, 12:41 PM
  4. Carbon Kona 153 + a 29er!!
    By targnik in forum Kona
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2017, 12:22 AM
  5. Kona Process 153 DL 27.5 and Porcess111 29er
    By lukas1 in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-04-2015, 04:03 AM

Members who have read this thread: 203

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.