customer service ha!- Mtbr.com

Oct 2006

customer service ha!

am i the only one whos had an issue with konas no respond customer service? well i think they suck

rmb
    mtbr member
    Can you elaborate on the problem and your efforts to contact them. They always answer my questions via e-mail.

Art is Resistance
    And with a name like bike destroyer....

Jan 2007
    Yeah, I've got quick responses from Kona thru email and their forums.

mtbr member
    arent you supposed to go through your lbs,i did and got a replacement.

fair enough it took a while but there were no frames in the uk at the time

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedestroyer 23
    am i the only one whos had an issue with konas no respond customer service? well i think they suck
    Care to elaborate? What's the issue?

For said issue, have you called or emailed them directly? Are you going through your LBS? I had a cracked chainstay over a year ago and got it handled through my shop without any issues.

EBX

Oct 2006
    i need a pivot and frame sticker kit. first ive gone to three different kona dealers and they cant get a response from kona then i tryed emailing kona directly and still no response. wtf is their deal. are they still closed down for the holidays? do they cut staff for winter? just doesnt seem like good business

Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by djcrb9
    And with a name like bike destroyer....
    so ahhh whats that suposed to mean

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedestroyer 23
    i need a pivot and frame sticker kit. first ive gone to three different kona dealers and they cant get a response from kona then i tryed emailing kona directly and still no response. wtf is their deal. are they still closed down for the holidays? do they cut staff for winter? just doesnt seem like good business
    Something smells a bit like fish in the scenario -- as described by you above -- I have ridden Kona bikes for many years and have had contact with them personally and through bike shops on all kinds of issues. My local LBS's can contact Kona on the phone while I am standing there --- most of the time they answer --- if not they call back in a few minutes. I have NEVER had a Kona dealer tell me that they can not contact Kona or have had Kona not respond to a legitimate question, query or complaint.

IMHO something is seriously out of whack with your supposed dealers, your complaint/inquiry or your story in general....

Cheers... Dave
    "To be able to fill leisure intelligently is the best product of civilization"... Bertrand Russell

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon
    Something smells a bit like fish in the scenario -- as described by you above -- I have ridden Kona bikes for many years and have had contact with them personally and through bike shops on all kinds of issues. My local LBS's can contact Kona on the phone while I am standing there --- most of the time they answer --- if not they call back in a few minutes. I have NEVER had a Kona dealer tell me that they can not contact Kona or have had Kona not respond to a legitimate question, query or complaint.

IMHO something is seriously out of whack with your supposed dealers, your complaint/inquiry or your story in general....

Cheers... Dave
    I agree.

I'm not just saying this because I work for a Kona dealer, or because I used to ride a Kona (and hopefully will again in the near future).

banned
    Sep 2005
    Agreed that something doesn't sound right.

You can get sticker kits on their online store, so there goes that thought. A pivot should be an easy order for a Kona dealer. Sounds strangely like someone wants something for free and they're not answering his request for something free. That's the only thing I can think they wouldn't respond to.

Ti is addictive
    I've been in the 3 different bike store, 3 different times and every call to Kona gets thru.....hmmmmmm, just luck maybe????
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    I've been in the 3 different bike store, 3 different times and every call to Kona gets thru.....hmmmmmm, just luck maybe????
    Yeah, ordering a new bearing / pivot kit took me like a week through my LBS. No fuss, no muss. My buddy had the same experience a month or two ago.

EBX

Oct 2006
    the pivot kit is for an 02 stinky primo so is it possible the shop(s) cant get it and dont want to look foolish? they were all ready to sell me a whole new stinky. btw i got a call back today from a shop and its on its way. so problem solved thanks for your help.
    ---jess

Meh.
    Bearing kits for several frames can be ordered direct from Enduro as well. The shop can get Enduro bearings through a couple distributors.

Members who have read this thread: 0