Thread: Coiler ?s

inner peace to make peace

Coiler ?s

How heavy is a 2004 or 2005 Coiler?

Can the Coiler take a dual-crown triple clamp fork, like a Boxxer race or a Sherman Slider Plus? [edited] yes...i just look it up at the Kona site.

Any any Coiler owner raced their Coiler on a Sport or Beginner DH race? XC race? (if I was going to race DH Expert, I'd just get a Stab Comp)

What's the head (fork) angle geometry on a Coiler?
    Last edited by TrailNut; 12-20-2004 at 11:52 AM.
    “Everyday is a good day,” from the Blue Cliff Records, Yun-men (864-949 AD).

Deadhead
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailNut
    How heavy is a 2004 or 2005 Coiler?

Can the Coiler take a dual-crown triple clamp fork, like a Boxxer race or a Sherman Slider Plus? [edited] yes...i just look it up at the Kona site.

Any any Coiler owner raced their Coiler on a Sport or Beginner DH race? XC race? (if I was going to race DH Expert, I'd just get a Stab Comp)

What's the head (fork) angle geometry on a Coiler?
    My 19" Coiler Deelux weighs around 37-38lb depending on tires. I have it built up with a part spec similar to stock: Romic, '03 Z1, Diabolous cranks, Singletracks, etc.
    I do race a couple XC races per year for the hell of it; but the bike is really to much for that. I also race a few DH races a year as well. I've had pretty good luck with it, but most of the courses I race have a fair amount of pedalling involved; MI and WI. I prefer a more nimble bike even at the expense of having a couple inches less travel. I have ridden the bike with a few different dual crowns and can see where that would be the route to go if you plan on doing more DH/FR than XC.
    Head angle with the Z1 is around 68deg and would imagine it was around 66.5-67deg with an '02 Super T.
    "If you can get both wheels sliding with no brakes, that's when you really know that you're cookin." Nathan Rennie