Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    280

    2006 Kona pricing / availability - when??

    Just curious if anyone knows when new years pricing (2006) usually comes out and the bike lines are solidified?? I am currently riding a Blast but would like to upgrade to either something in the Dawg or Kikapu series. Love the Kona bikes. Thanks for any info you may have.

    GaryJ

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7

    Check out 2006 bikes on Konas website

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ
    Just curious if anyone knows when new years pricing (2006) usually comes out and the bike lines are solidified?? I am currently riding a Blast but would like to upgrade to either something in the Dawg or Kikapu series. Love the Kona bikes. Thanks for any info you may have.

    GaryJ

    Check Konaworld.com. They have previews of 2006 dawgs. Main difference is in naming. Dropping the dawg-matic and dawg becomes base, the deelux, then primo and then supreme (i think). Previews show the bike colors and specs (which appear roughly the same). Been told pricing will be about $50-100/more across the board, but no firm prices I know of. MSRP's are listed on the 2005 bikes on their website. Hope that helps to at least see the colors, etc.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    280
    lp:

    Thanks for the reply. I have been checking konaworld.com (and drooling), checking colors, etc. Of course the site says "subject to change", so I didn't know if components would change much from those listed or not. Stopped by LBS yesterday and they haven't heard anything either. Said Kona usually tries to hold off as long as possible and they usually don't start to see anything new until after October. Oh well, winter will be here soon and there won't be much riding anyway. Thanks again and I will keep checking the website and LBS!!!

    GaryJ

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    21
    I was in my local dealer Fri and he had the 06 catologe and price list. The lower line bikes are comming in now(already had some) the higher end will be a month or 2.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    280
    I just happened to find a great deal on a 17" 2005 Dawg Dee-lux....should be arriving within a week or 2...can't wait, and there really wasn't anything drastically different component-wise...just a name and color change for the most part.

    GaryJ

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    21
    I just ordered the same bike today. They said I should have it by next Fri? What did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    280
    $1650, and yourself??? Did you go with a 17" as well?? If so, that is TOO weird!! Ha ha. If you went with the 17", what is your size and weight, if you don't mind??

    GaryJ

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    21
    ya I got the 17" to. Im 5'7" 158 lbs. Mine was $2200 cdn with a upgrade to a xtr rear. Cant wait

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    280
    Yeah, I am 5'7" and 150 lbs. Do you have a chance to test ride before you bought???

    GaryJ

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    21
    I rode a 18" around the lot a bit. It fit OK. I rode a 17" dawg and it fit great.

  11. #11
    Don't skid
    Reputation: KONA_in_SB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,159
    I am waiting on an 06 Stab Supreme. I just tlked to my LBS yesterday and they said the Stinkys will be in in Oct. and Stabs should be in by the beginning of Nov. All other models should be arriving before that.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    280
    Redneck:

    We will have to keep in touch, see how things work out as far as the bikes go, any issues that crop up, etc. I am currently on an '05 Blast that I got in May....can't wait to actually see what the differences are out on the trails. BTW - Are you getting the Cream or Blue color Dee-Lux???? I am getting the Blue color.

    GaryJ
    Last edited by GaryJ; 09-09-2005 at 12:56 PM.

  13. #13
    i heart singletrack
    Reputation: mgersib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,553

    Just got my '06 Jake the Snake yesterday...

    It's very sweet.

  14. #14
    Shread Ready
    Reputation: Thrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,273
    Hey welcome to the 05 Dawg Deelux club! I got mine a few weeks ago and love it! Can't wait to get out and tear it up again since I wrecked recently and hurt my hand. I put a few scratches on that beauty but what can you do... Except use the touch up paint that is provided and that should help. It's really fun dialing the bike in for your weight and size. I've got mine setup pretty sweet and plan on hitting the trails again this or next week. P.S I'm 5' 8" and 153lbs so I think a 17" is perfect for us. Good times ahead!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    280
    Thrasher:

    Keep in touch. I would like to know if you encounter any issues or problems or just how well you like riding it, and I will do the same. Hopefully I will have the bike next week, I think it will ship on Monday.

    GaryJ

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    280
    Wow!!! Got home from work tonight and there was a Kona box waiting for me with my new 2005 Dawg Dee-Lux in it. Was a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow or the next day. It is the Blue model and after I threw the handle bars, pedals and front wheel on, I took her for a spin around the neighborhood. It fits great, although I will have to dial-in the suspension for my weight. Can't wait to see how see handles out on the trails. What a great looking and feeling bike (for the 10 minutes I spent on it - ha ha!!!).

    GaryJ

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,230
    If you have a particular model you want to know the price of, let me know. I work at a Kona dealer here in Texas, so I can get yall that info if you need.

    BTW, I have a 2006 Dew Deluxe on order and I am crossing my fingers it will be in today (was going to say tomorrow, but just realized its after midnight). I am going to be posting pics on here as soon as I can stop drooling on it.

  18. #18
    Shread Ready
    Reputation: Thrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,273
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ
    Wow!!! Got home from work tonight and there was a Kona box waiting for me with my new 2005 Dawg Dee-Lux in it. Was a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow or the next day. It is the Blue model and after I threw the handle bars, pedals and front wheel on, I took her for a spin around the neighborhood. It fits great, although I will have to dial-in the suspension for my weight. Can't wait to see how see handles out on the trails. What a great looking and feeling bike (for the 10 minutes I spent on it - ha ha!!!).

    GaryJ
    Awesome Gary! Glad to hear you got your Deelux! I've been off mine for 3 weeks now due to my crash but I plan on riding it again next week! Get that suspension dialed in and take it for a real ride. Let me know what you think and I'll do the same as I've only ridden mine hard two times so far!

  19. #19
    Untalented ,but keen...
    Reputation: Rix Raw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboy
    If you have a particular model you want to know the price of, let me know. I work at a Kona dealer here in Texas, so I can get yall that info if you need.

    BTW, I have a 2006 Dew Deluxe on order and I am crossing my fingers it will be in today (was going to say tomorrow, but just realized its after midnight). I am going to be posting pics on here as soon as I can stop drooling on it.
    Could you tell me the price of the 06 Howler ?
    Thanks in advance!

    Looking forward to your pics as well!

    Oh ,and does anyone know of a way to repaint a Kona without losing the warranty ? Do you think Kona would ship custom coloured bikes for extra cash ?
    The philosophy is pure zen and the method is pure science.

    My pictures ,clicky !

    Quote Originally Posted by Some French Bloke
    Rix Raw is just zis guy you knov?

  20. #20
    The Lincoln Woods Crew
    Reputation: SOILWORK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    207

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Rix Raw
    Could you tell me the price of the 06 Howler ?
    Thanks in advance!

    Looking forward to your pics as well!

    Oh ,and does anyone know of a way to repaint a Kona without losing the warranty ? Do you think Kona would ship custom coloured bikes for extra cash ?
    The Howler is going to retail for $1799.Call your local kona dealer,they should have the prices on the complete bikes.Just ordered my 06 stinky primo.
    "I push bike up and ride it down"

  21. #21
    Untalented ,but keen...
    Reputation: Rix Raw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by SOILWORK
    The Howler is going to retail for $1799.Call your local kona dealer,they should have the prices on the complete bikes.Just ordered my 06 stinky primo.
    I've been eyeing (is there such a word in english at all?) the Stinky Primo as well ,but I have problems even doing a bunny-hop with my 05 Shred ,wich was built for such things ,not sure I could handle a Stinky. (I doubt I could handle even a Howler though).
    The other thing is the price ,wich I know nothing about ,but I'm sure it's not cheap.
    Instead of calling my LBS ,may I ask YOU how much the 06 Stinky Primo is ?
    The philosophy is pure zen and the method is pure science.

    My pictures ,clicky !

    Quote Originally Posted by Some French Bloke
    Rix Raw is just zis guy you knov?

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,230
    You will loose your warranty if you repaint it. Since Kona has all their stuff built in Asian factories, they are not able to paint your frame for you either. I seem to remember my sales rep mentioning a custom paint program for the Kona Deluxe road bikes, but I am not sure if that would be available on other models.

  23. #23
    Untalented ,but keen...
    Reputation: Rix Raw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboy
    You will loose your warranty if you repaint it. Since Kona has all their stuff built in Asian factories, they are not able to paint your frame for you either. I seem to remember my sales rep mentioning a custom paint program for the Kona Deluxe road bikes, but I am not sure if that would be available on other models.
    Well I guess that means the 06 Howler is completely out of the game for me.
    Thanks for the info !
    The philosophy is pure zen and the method is pure science.

    My pictures ,clicky !

    Quote Originally Posted by Some French Bloke
    Rix Raw is just zis guy you knov?

  24. #24
    The Lincoln Woods Crew
    Reputation: SOILWORK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    207
    I ordered the 06 stinky primo frame only,not sure of the price,but i'm sure the frame
    will retail for 1200-1400 some were in that price range.The howler is going to be available as a frame only too.If 1700 is to much for the complete bike you can by the frames and
    use the parts from your hardtail.Another option is the cowan ds wich will also be available
    as a complete bike and as a frame only.My local dealer said they will realese the frames
    sometime in January-February.Kona always seem to run a little behind on their release
    dates.
    "I push bike up and ride it down"

  25. #25
    Untalented ,but keen...
    Reputation: Rix Raw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by SOILWORK
    I ordered the 06 stinky primo frame only,not sure of the price,but i'm sure the frame
    will retail for 1200-1400 some were in that price range.The howler is going to be available as a frame only too.If 1700 is to much for the complete bike you can by the frames and
    use the parts from your hardtail.Another option is the cowan ds wich will also be available
    as a complete bike and as a frame only.My local dealer said they will realese the frames
    sometime in January-February.Kona always seem to run a little behind on their release
    dates.
    If I'm going to buy a Howler ,it will be a frame only ,that's for sure. I'm quite pleased with the parts on my hardtail ,gonna get a bigger hydraulic front barke though.
    A 100mm Drop Off Comp would work fine with the Howler ,wouldn't it ?

    But ,I gotta learn to ride with my current and then think about my next bike anyway...

    Thanks for the information ,Soilwork !
    The philosophy is pure zen and the method is pure science.

    My pictures ,clicky !

    Quote Originally Posted by Some French Bloke
    Rix Raw is just zis guy you knov?

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Rix Raw
    If I'm going to buy a Howler ,it will be a frame only ,that's for sure. I'm quite pleased with the parts on my hardtail ,gonna get a bigger hydraulic front barke though.
    A 100mm Drop Off Comp would work fine with the Howler ,wouldn't it ?

    But ,I gotta learn to ride with my current and then think about my next bike anyway...

    Thanks for the information ,Soilwork !
    It will be perfect, its a 4" travel bike.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    262

    2006 primo

    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboy
    If you have a particular model you want to know the price of, let me know. I work at a Kona dealer here in Texas, so I can get yall that info if you need.

    BTW, I have a 2006 Dew Deluxe on order and I am crossing my fingers it will be in today (was going to say tomorrow, but just realized its after midnight). I am going to be posting pics on here as soon as I can stop drooling on it.
    Hey i looking at the 06 stinky primo. SO if you can, can you tell me the price on it.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,230
    $4699 and also they will be available sometime in October.

Similar Threads

  1. 2006 Marzocchi Suspension Intro - Austria
    By Photo-John in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 09:33 AM
  2. Kona Cinder Cone vs Marin Wildcat
    By thehustler in forum Marin
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 05:41 AM
  3. New Kona Demo Center-Midwest
    By Bikerbob.com in forum Kona
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 05:11 PM
  4. How do you guys feel about this 2005 Kona Blast?
    By vivarey in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 06:27 AM
  5. Kona Official Supplier of Whistler Mountain Bike Park
    By CraigH in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 08:00 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.