Ron
    mtbr member

05 Coiler Setup ?

hey 05 coiler riders how have you setup your suspension?

i have to run zero psi in the forks left & right legs in order to get the recommended sag and i weigh about 175. this is the drop-off comp fork which zoke recommends 35 to 45 psi in the right leg and 0 to 15 psi in the left leg for my weight.

following the recommended psi i get no sag at all even after about 10+ hours of break in.

will riding the fork with no air pressure damage it? but this seems to be the best way to have it setup.

the rear shock is under sprung slightly for my weight per i have to crank down the preload quite a bit to get the recommended sag so i'll be swapping out the 550 to a 600.

btw these aren't complaints just gettin it setup right cause overall this bike rocks!!! i highly recommend this bike for a do everything bike.

changes made so far - xtr short cage rear der, odi lock-on grips, raceface bash guard and redline platforms

next step - custom paint front triangle

Still on Training Wheels!
    I'm looking at the 05 coiler and hope to have it by this spring. I weigh about the same as you(180lb) and would be very interested in hearing how you set up goes. What are your plans for the bike as far as use? More freeriding? CC? Downhill? I will be using my for CC and freeriding, and of course bombing down the hills, but probibly not much true DH. I would most likly run a little less sag up front for a stiffer feel on the CC.

Ron
    mtbr member
    it's my only bike now so i use it for cc, urban, dirtjumpin, road and i would add DH to that but there's not any mountains in central texas. i ran the front stiffer at first following the psi guide lines by zoke but the bike is not balanced that way with the stock rear spring.

Still on Training Wheels!
    If you bump up the spring to 600 let me know how it feels. I demo'd one a couple weeks ago, and noticed that the rear was a little soft, but I am coming from a hard tail so anything would be soft. Still liked the feel though and it pedaled incredibly well for how soft it felt. I would most likly switch the shock to the progresive position to help stiffen the last half of travel so its not "as soft"

Ron
    mtbr member
    i rode today with the shock in the progressive position and it felt/rode even better. the sag measured the same but it was harder to bottom out and seemed more responsive.