Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couleecruiser View Post
    Bike developed a squeak while resting in the trailer between rides. Took linkage apart and found a loose bolt, and some pretty dry grease. Not sure how that happens between locktite and a torque wrench, but at least i can fix it.
    Your bike has had a solid workout on Van Isle CC.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Yebo Numzaan
    Thanks for organizing Vik. Had a good time on the island and as always rad to meet other Knolly riders. It was cool pulling into the parking lot and seeing Knollys leaning against random cars.

Awesome to meet the island locals and the dudes that travelled far and wide to get there.

Thanks for having me crash at your pad and for all the hospitality.

I am officially knackered and need a rest day or two

Enjoy the rest of the trails
    I support EMBA

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I am fuelling up for tomorrow's ride. Unfortunately I will be riding my hardtail because my Endorphin is stripped down for sale and to transfer parts to the Fugitive. My friend and his Warden may join🤞.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Ride today was very hot. Post ride beer went straight to our heads. Tires were melting, sealant boiled off. To keep things calmer tomorrow we plan to leave the Wandering Moose Cafe at 8 tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    Here's a few photos from the Duncan rides.
    Vancouver Island Knollyfest 2018 Summer?-20180723_111537.jpg

4 wraiths and their Knollys. It was pretty sunny, so pictures were a challenge.
    Vancouver Island Knollyfest 2018 Summer?-20180724_114308.jpg

Gorgeous views from the top of Tzouhalem Mount.
    Vancouver Island Knollyfest 2018 Summer?-20180724_113631.jpg
    '04 Knolly VTach | '15 Knolly Podium | '16 Knolly Delirium

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I caught the tail end of Knollyfest here in Cumberland, but sadly on my HT since I am between Knollys at the time. In spite of the heat, I had a very good time, but only met 2 Knollers® who I didn't know previously. It was great to meet A and D who were ripping it up on Warden's. Yesterday was a good taste of Cumberland and today we went to the other side of the lake which was seemingly made with Wardens in mind. Always great to ride with V and C from down Island. Yesterday my buddy P came out on his Kona and proved that road riding makes you really fit. Good thing he has the skills to go down as well. Today another friend led the way on his Warden. A fun couple of rides on 2 very different networks. Special thanks to the Cumberland Brewing Company for serving this stinky rider afterwards and our trail crew and builders who do such an incredible job. I will leave the photos to Vikb who always remembers to take a few.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Im pretty knackered too! Loved my visit to the Island, had a Caribbean feel to it, people were all real relaxed and friendly. Despite being a family trip i managed to fit in 3 rides with Vik and his Hombres and 4 at Knollyfest. Thanks again Vik for planning it. I dont think I've seen the last of Cumberland...

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post

The KNation riders headed to Duncan, BC today to ride Maple Mountain. It was HOT, like crazy HOT and dusty AF.

But the crew had fun and did a lap of Maple Syrup Trail and then went back up for a run at Tony's Arbutus Ridge. We got a little lost on Tony's and rode some fresh trail segments that we didn't intend, but it was fun so that was cool.

Big Ben and Skooks joined Mutton Chop, CC and I for today's ride.

20kms in just under 4hrs doesn't seem like too much riding, but every KM was well earned in the heat and dust with lots of punchy climbs to challenge us.

Post-ride we hit up Wendy's for a quick bite. I couldn't taste my Coke, but I could feel the delicious coldness fill my body and drive out the heat. So good.

Tomorrow we'll have an easier day at Mount Tzouhalem then drive up to Cumberland for some camping and more shredding.
    That's a great shot Vik. Knollys on the rocks! So much fun to ride with this crew.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Knolly festival done and dusted (literally). Thanks Vik for organizing and all the rest of the crew, both Knolly riders and others, for showing us the goods and for the inspiring riding. It was so nice to be able to just follow someone's wheel and trust their lines. Not having to navigate on unfamiliar trails was a real treat. I can't decide what zone was my favorite. Maple: lots of climbing and dust but a good workout and some fun downhills. Tseuhalem: fun climbing trails, Flowy downhills, hot, and fun! Cumberland: huge network of well built, fun trails that you could probably spend a week exploring. Great camping and fantastic food and beer. Forbidden: perfect Warden terrain. Steeper, techier, and sweet rock rolls . My favourite type of riding. Can't wait for next year's Knolly festival. Sea to sky this time?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooks View Post
    Can't wait for next year's Knolly festival. Sea to sky this time?
    I'm trying to crush some work, do laundry, maintain the bike and get ready to roll out early for the first ferry tomorrow for Whistler! I'll post the rest of the Knollyfest rides when I get back. Super fun meeting and riding with everyone.

How about Knollyfest BC 2019 - 6-9 June 2019 based out of Alice Lakes Campground in Squamish? We can hit anything from the Shore to Pemby from there.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

Work can wait. I guess.

Tuesday we hit Mount Tzouhalem. It's one of the more fun and less difficult trail networks we have locally. We made up for that with a 10am start into some blazing heat.

Big B found some huck worthy features on the trail and made the Delerium fly.

CC found some other trail "features" of interest.

After the ride we tried to hang out in the parking lot, but it was so hot we nearly melted. Both Skooks and I [drivers] almost passed out on the drive north [so sleepy!] to Cumby and that's with the AC blasting on max.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

We camped up at Comox Lake near Cumby and got an early start on Wed for the first day in Cumby...well 8am...not our earliest start, but it was really really really nice to get a lot of the steep open fireroad climbing done before it was hot o'clock!

Travis B was our gracious host again. His guiding and hospitality was so supreme we'll forgive him for not riding a Knolly. He's waiting on a Fugitive so he rocked a hardtail and crushed the rest of us on our FS bikes.

The Cumberland trails were running fast and not having to look at a map/trailforks was nice! We gave her a good rip and headed back to town for refreshments when it started to get too hot

CC's wife came to pick him up and was happy he was in one piece and not too hung over!
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

Forbidden Plateau was my favourite day of Knollyfest. We had guides that knew the trails well and could shred. The group was well matched for speed and skills. The terrain was rocky, techy and steep. We started early enough that the heat wasn't as deadly as could be. Good times!

It's a little hard to see in this ^^ photo, but I am totally soaked after the steep hot climb to the top of Forbidden. Man that is no joke! But the riding going down makes it well worth the effort.

Ripping the descents it was super fun to see everyone riding strong. No mechanicals. No other riders. Just a freight train of shreddiliciousness.

After all our Cumby rides we hit the brewery as pretty much their first customers of the day! Delicious beer and food, shade and good company. Total win!
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

Our last day of Knollyfest we had planned on riding Hammerfest in Parksville, but it was closed due to fire risk. There were some other ideas that came to mind to round out the week, but we were tired and had stuff to get back to so we went with the easy option of some of Cumby's greatest hits.

Despite a 7am start it was still dang hot! We gave 'er and cruised the popular mid-mountain trails before heading back to town and going our separate ways.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Dang sounds like a blast, really time to move back home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123