Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 111
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895

    SW Knollyfest 2019

    Whoíd be interested in another Knolly gathering in the SW US this Spring?

    If so, where would you prefer to go and when? I just talked to Noel and he said heíd be very interested in bringing some guys and coming down again. Heíll be in Asia the third week in March, so Iíd say letís schedule sometime after that (or before, I suppose).

    Hurricane/St George is always great plus weíd have the use of my house for a base camp again, but somewhere different would also be fun.

    Itís been five years since Iíve been to Sedona so that would be on my list for sure.

    Where else?

    Moab is crazy that time of year but I love the Moab riding.

    Phoenix/Tucson?


    Letís hear your thoughts!

    Teaser from last yearís Hurricane Knollyfest.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    80
    I'd love to go if I can make it, I'll be in SW for awhile. New Mexico would be pretty rad as well!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,504
    I'll be in Sedona mid-March 2019 through the end of the month. I'd travel to PHX or Tucson to meet up with you guys.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  4. #4
    ride more.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    599
    I am in as well. After March 9 is much better for me scheduling-wise, but I can try to make whatever work. Hurricane is close, but Sedona is awesome too.

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    ride more.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    599
    Fruita/GJ?

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Robertson
    Reputation: rpearce1475's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    752
    Interested. Early March works better than late March for me. Would be interested in Hurricane, Sedona, Phoenix or Tuscon. Remember that the Sedona MTB fest is the first weekend of March and the Hurricane mtb fest is the last weekend of March so would probably be best to avoid those places those dates...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux View Post
    Fruita/GJ?

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Like!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  8. #8
    orthonormal
    Reputation: andy f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,306
    Sounds fun. Itís been a long time since Iíve ridden in the desert.

  9. #9
    Dr. Pepper drinker
    Reputation: catch22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Like!
    Fruita/GJ would be great. I could probably pull Moab or Hurricane as well. One thing that would really help my odds is not stacking the weekend right before or after the Hurricane fest as it's tough to pull off back to back long weekends away from family and work.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Whoíd be interested in another Knolly gathering in the SW US this Spring?

    If so, where would you prefer to go and when? I just talked to Noel and he said heíd be very interested in bringing some guys and coming down again. Heíll be in Asia the third week in March, so Iíd say letís schedule sometime after that (or before, I suppose).

    Hurricane/St George is always great plus weíd have the use of my house for a base camp again, but somewhere different would also be fun.

    Itís been five years since Iíve been to Sedona so that would be on my list for sure.

    Where else?

    Moab is crazy that time of year but I love the Moab riding.

    Phoenix/Tucson?


    Letís hear your thoughts!

    Teaser from last yearís Hurricane Knollyfest.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ... for the big carbon 29er :-)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntinos P View Post
    ... for the big carbon 29er :-)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !
    I wish.
    For the roll out of the new Cache, I think.... but it would not surprise me if he were doing some work on other models while there. Gotta get those carbon molds dialed. .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KRob; 01-07-2019 at 05:26 PM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux View Post
    Fruita/GJ?

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    There's no good riding here...stop spreading rumors!


  13. #13
    ride more.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter View Post
    There's no good riding here...stop spreading rumors!
    Oh I know. I was thinking we could all put slicks on our bikes and ride the Colorado National Monument loop.



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux View Post
    Oh I know. I was thinking we could all put slicks on our bikes and ride the Colorado National Monument loop.



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Good idea! The loop now aptly & officially referred to as the "Tour of the Moon".


  15. #15
    Peace & Love
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,275
    sounds chur! count me in

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Ok then, how about March 13-16 in Sedona with Wednesday pre-ride in the Granite Dells in Prescott?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,504
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Ok then, how about March 13-16 in Sedona with Wednesday pre-ride in the Granite Dells in Prescott?
    Islander and I will be showing up [driving] in Sedona on the evening of 16 Mar 2019. So if anyone wants to stay and ride with us on the 17th or on wards just PM me.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Islander and I will be showing up [driving] in Sedona on the evening of 16 Mar 2019. So if anyone wants to stay and ride with us on the 17th or on wards just PM me.
    Letís just move it to the last weekend in March then. I donít care about missing the Hurricane festival.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,504
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Letís just move it to the last weekend in March then. I donít care about missing the Hurricane festival.
    In that case party on! I'm up for an early session in Prescott's diabolical Dells.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    79
    Iím in!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,951
    I don't have a Knolly yet, but the Fugitive LT is in the top 2 or 3 bikes.

    What type of accommodations are you considering for this trip? Hotel, camping or house rental? If camping, I'd need to drive down. If hotel or house, I could fly down. Just need to start planning for the time off.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: inonjoey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    657
    Iíve never had the opportunity to ride in the SW, but thereís a chance, albeit slim, that I could make this. Iíll monitor and do my best.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    I don't have a Knolly yet, but the Fugitive LT is in the top 2 or 3 bikes.

    What type of accommodations are you considering for this trip? Hotel, camping or house rental? If camping, I'd need to drive down. If hotel or house, I could fly down. Just need to start planning for the time off.
    Iím going to look into an Airbnb type house rental for those dates and see whatís available. Usually a lot cheaper for a group than hotels plus itís fun having everyone together.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
    sounds chur! count me in
    You know you and your mom are always welcome, Fo. :0)
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sharp7 View Post
    Iím in!
    It'll be good to see you again, Jeff (right?).
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by inonjoey View Post
    Iíve never had the opportunity to ride in the SW, but thereís a chance, albeit slim, that I could make this. Iíll monitor and do my best.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do it. Riding on the red rock is a otherworldly experience. And riding with the Knolly gang is always a whoot. Great riders. No egos. All chill.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    How many of those who are likely to attend would be interested in splitting the cost of an AirBNB/house? I don't want to reserve a house that sleeps ten for $2500 only to find out it's only a couple guys interested in renting.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    It'll be good to see you again, Jeff (right?).
    Yep!

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,504
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    How many of those who are likely to attend would be interested in splitting the cost of an AirBNB/house? I don't want to reserve a house that sleeps ten for $2500 only to find out it's only a couple guys interested in renting.
    I'll be camping on the West end of town. Nice quiet spot at a reasonable cost, but limited facilities. I'll have a full kitchen, table and extra chairs and such if anyone wants to join me and doesn't want to lug a deluxe camping setup with them.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: knollybikes.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    How many of those who are likely to attend would be interested in splitting the cost of an AirBNB/house? I don't want to reserve a house that sleeps ten for $2500 only to find out it's only a couple guys interested in renting.
    Count me in please
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

    Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

  31. #31
    ride more.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    How many of those who are likely to attend would be interested in splitting the cost of an AirBNB/house? I don't want to reserve a house that sleeps ten for $2500 only to find out it's only a couple guys interested in renting.
    Count me in as a firm tentative please. And maybe one other. The nights that I am there will depend on scheduling (of both the house and my work schedule).

    Thanks!

  32. #32
    Dr. Pepper drinker
    Reputation: catch22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    Man, I still haven't pulled a Sedona trip so this one is reallllllly tempting. Not sure if I can pull it with other spring events but I'll look into it. When you say last weekend in March, are you looking at the 30-31st?
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    Count me in please
    Cool. Looking forward to having you there, Noel.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Man, I still haven't pulled a Sedona trip so this one is reallllllly tempting. Not sure if I can pull it with other spring events but I'll look into it. When you say last weekend in March, are you looking at the 30-31st?
    Yes, March 27-31 actually. Prescott Granite Dells on Wednesday afternoon, then Sedona Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Check out Sunday morning heading for home.

    We'd love to have you. I saw that you said not on the weekend right before or after the Festivals...... but you didn't say anything about right on top of one of the festivals.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  35. #35
    orthonormal
    Reputation: andy f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,306
    Iím going to try to make this work.

  36. #36
    Robertson
    Reputation: rpearce1475's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    752
    Will try to make this as well but likely won't be able to commit for sure until a week or so out which will probably mean camping

  37. #37
    Dr. Pepper drinker
    Reputation: catch22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Yes, March 27-31 actually. Prescott Granite Dells on Wednesday afternoon, then Sedona Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Check out Sunday morning heading for home.

    We'd love to have you. I saw that you said not on the weekend right before or after the Festivals...... but you didn't say anything about right on top of one of the festivals.
    I'll see what I can make happen. Would be great to make it but it's tough to skip the Hurricane fest since it's about 3.5 hours vs 8 hours driving each way and kind of an annual tradition to catch up with folks down there. We'll see though, I need to make Sedona happen one of these days and would be good to finally make it to a Knollyfest.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,951
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    How many of those who are likely to attend would be interested in splitting the cost of an AirBNB/house? I don't want to reserve a house that sleeps ten for $2500 only to find out it's only a couple guys interested in renting.
    At this point, I will not be able to commit.

    For what it's worth, I'd stay in the Air B&B if I can make it.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bizarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    508
    Ohhhh man!! I would love too... I go to Sedona every year for the last 10 years or so and it's awesome!! This time is going to be with the Fugitive and can't WAIT to rail some all the hot spots and beyond with the new ride!

    I would really love to ride with all you guys (put faces to names) and Noel but I'll be out there March 8th til March 16th. Got a house right near the Hogs trails booked with crew.

    I've been to Bentonville AR and Austin Tx with the Fugitive so far (among the local trails on the East coast) since getting the it in late Oct and it just rails rocks and everything else in between. Some of you know I'm on the bigger boy side of the norm and best thing is treating it like my Chilly and Delirium taking it on long journeys riding it just like any other Knolly... so cool..so stout so far I'm telling ya! Good peace of mind it can handle the stuff I throw at it.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    220
    I'm from Vegas and have yet to ride either Sedona or Hurricane. Would love to attend

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CHROMAG19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    464
    Santa Cruz

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bizarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    508
    IMO Sedona is a hot spot not to miss! Put it on the map sometime soon. I live in NJ right now and New England and the tri state area are unbelievably fun (love VT) but Sedona is one of the best spring and fall locations to go and have fun on the rocks. They just opened a 2-3 mile section off highline leading down to town that's suppose to be so awesome! Steep shoots etc. I'm debating to put the Fugitive in "Slack mode" for some of the lines on the trip coming up but I really don't think I need it...(running 160mm Fox 36 on there.)

    For me I would love to get up to Moab soon along with Grand Junction and Fruita CO. Haven't been there in 12 years. Not to mention where KnollyBikes are. Never been and would love to get up there.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    31
    I'd be down for a Santa Cruz Knolly ride. I'm in Oakland, and I ride SC usually 1-2 times/mo.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CHROMAG19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzle View Post
    I'd be down for a Santa Cruz Knolly ride. I'm in Oakland, and I ride SC usually 1-2 times/mo.
    Hell Yeah!

  45. #45
    orthonormal
    Reputation: andy f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,306
    Iím in Scotts Valley so Iím up for a Santa Cruz Knolly ride any time.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10
    I'd love to come too, I've never been to Sedona. Unfortunately I will be in Italy from the 16th to the 30th...

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Ok, so a house that sleeps 10-16 would end up being around $2500 for four nights. If thereís 10 of us thatís only $250 each for four nights.

    Or thereís this one that sleeps 6-8 for $1600 for four nights. Might have a better chance of filling this one.
    https://abnb.me/qcUTLC4SxT


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by M4rc0 View Post
    I'd love to come too, I've never been to Sedona. Unfortunately I will be in Italy from the 16th to the 30th...
    That sounds awful.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Iím going to go ahead and reserve this house but if I donít have 4-5 strong commitments (with deposits) before the 30 day free cancellation window Iíll cancel.

    Let me know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux View Post
    Count me in as a firm tentative please. And maybe one other. The nights that I am there will depend on scheduling (of both the house and my work schedule).

    Thanks!
    Awwww, thanks Mycra, I'd love to ride down with you.

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by andy f View Post
    Iím in Scotts Valley so Iím up for a Santa Cruz Knolly ride any time.
    The weather is finally supposed to break. I haven't taken the new bike to Campus yet. Maybe weekend after this upcoming?

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    So can someone explain this to me. Does it mean you can only get a full refund if you cancel within 48 hrs after confirming your reservation (as long as itís at least 14 days prior to check in)?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  53. #53
    ride more.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    So can someone explain this to me. Does it mean you can only get a full refund if you cancel within 48 hrs after confirming your reservation (as long as itís at least 14 days prior to check in)?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is how I read it.

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  54. #54
    orthonormal
    Reputation: andy f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,306
    Iím heading over to UC tomorrow morning. Iím pretty flexible on time if anyone wants to join. Iíll probably start/end in the sand hills area to add some XC mileage.

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux View Post
    That is how I read it.

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    That stinks. Thatís what I was afraid of.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  56. #56
    ride more.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    599
    I am planning on being there for at least part of the time.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895

    SW Knollyfest 2019

    Update: Just booked this house! https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2089739...03-31&guests=1 Now we gotta fill it.


    Here's the list of definites and maybes so far:

    Definite:

    KRob (Kent)
    Knollybikes (Noel)
    Cavan Brady
    drboudreaux (Mike, right?)
    B Gillespie
    for at least part of the four days
    vikb (Vik) , but not staying at the house unless heís tired of camping by then and we still need folks to fill it.
    2Sharp7 (Don't you live in Prescott, Jeff? Let me know if you need a spot at the house)
    Big B (Jason)
    Muttonchops (Handsome Dave)
    Ash McMillan
    Sean Rodgers
    Stan Yee
    rdhfreethought (Ralph)



    Maybe: (would love to attend, gotta get my hall pass/clear my schedule/gonna try and make it, yadda, yadda)

    VR6
    rpearce1465 (would be camping)
    andyf
    Catch22 (You gotta make it happen, Brian! You know riding with the Knolly guys is the best and Sedona totally rocks)
    Grizzle
    OldHouseMan
    inonjoey
    FoShizzle (I never know when to take you seriously.... but history tells me that when in doubt, Fo is always trolling. )
    Aaron O

    Did I miss anyone?
    Last edited by KRob; 1 Week Ago at 01:24 AM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  58. #58
    ride more.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    599
    Thanks Kent. There is a tentative +1 for me too. But I would say he is 25% chance.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  59. #59
    ride more.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    599
    And yes, Mike.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,504
    Thanks Kent. Yes my name is Vik. You blew my cover after all these years of covert posting on MTBR under a cunning username!

    I'll be camping, but if my finances are looking good by that point in the trip and you still have a free bed I'll give some thought to filling it to help out with rental costs. I'll touch base closer to the date.

    I'm happy to camp so if you fill the place up that's no problem for me.

    Thanks for organizing!
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Sweet. Thanks guys! Iím contacting some of the other Knolly guys I know and inviting. Hopefully we can get 8-10 in the house which will bring down the per person cost to les than a hotel. Should be a great time.

    Iíve learned not to assume too much from a handle, Vik. A lot of people still think my name is Rob.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    684
    Hi KRob, I was hoping this post would pop up again this year.

    I'll be there, in the house, Mar 27-31. I'll be flying into Phoenix, early morning flights.
    Last edited by Big B; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:34 AM.
    '04 Knolly VTach | '15 Knolly Podium | '16 Knolly Delirium | Knolly Warden

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    329
    Mycra, have you talked to Ted or Steve?

    KRob, I'm down for part of the trip.

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Hi KRob, I was hoping this post would pop up again this year.

    I'll be there, in the house, Mar 27-31. I'll be flying into Phoenix, early morning flights.
    Sweet! Things are heating up now. This is going to be fun.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    684
    My flights are booked. See y'all in Sedona! Booyah!!
    '04 Knolly VTach | '15 Knolly Podium | '16 Knolly Delirium | Knolly Warden

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    My flights are booked. See y'all in Sedona! Booyah!!
    Whoot! Looking forward to seeing you Jason. Once I have a final tally of how many are staying at the house Iíll let you know what you owe. Looks like we might have 10-12.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Whoot! Looking forward to seeing you Jason. Once I have a final tally of how many are staying at the house Iíll let you know what you owe. Looks like we might have 10-12.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds good! I might be bringing a close friend of mine as well. He's not a Knolly rider, but he's a very good rider, and inspiring to watch, because he still rides his 2007 Specialized SX Trail, but you can't tell it's a squishy, 38lb bike by watching him attack the climbs.

    However, I acquired a Medium Warden last year for my son, so I'll try to convince him to use that, so he can get a taste of the Knolly goodness. I just need to buy some brakes for it first, and figure out how to get it to Sedona.
    '04 Knolly VTach | '15 Knolly Podium | '16 Knolly Delirium | Knolly Warden

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Sounds good! I might be bringing a close friend of mine as well. He's not a Knolly rider, but he's a very good rider, and inspiring to watch, because he still rides his 2007 Specialized SX Trail, but you can't tell it's a squishy, 38lb bike by watching him attack the climbs.
    If he comes on his Spesh he can ride with me at the back of the pack in shame as I won't have my Knolly down in Sedona.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  69. #69
    Peace & Love
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,275
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    If he comes on his Spesh he can ride with me at the back of the pack in shame as I won't have my Knolly down in Sedona.
    ha, i am gonna ponder making it. though i will be at the back of the pack, regardless of what I am riding, even on a motocross i suck wind

    however, i do want to make sure i get a dandy Knolly Lycra bib ahead of this trip to look the part

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Sounds good! I might be bringing a close friend of mine as well. He's not a Knolly rider, but he's a very good rider, and inspiring to watch, because he still rides his 2007 Specialized SX Trail, but you can't tell it's a squishy, 38lb bike by watching him attack the climbs.

    However, I acquired a Medium Warden last year for my son, so I'll try to convince him to use that, so he can get a taste of the Knolly goodness. I just need to buy some brakes for it first, and figure out how to get it to Sedona.
    Knollyís preferred ( this is a Knolly gathering after all) but not mandatory. Let me know as soon as you can if heíll need a spot in the house. Itís filling up fast.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    If he comes on his Spesh he can ride with me at the back of the pack in shame as I won't have my Knolly down in Sedona.
    Youíre still a knomer Vik and you will be warmly welcomed regardless of what youíre riding..... unless itís an ebike, ha ha.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
    ha, i am gonna ponder making it. though i will be at the back of the pack, regardless of what I am riding, even on a motocross i suck wind

    however, i do want to make sure i get a dandy Knolly Lycra bib ahead of this trip to look the part
    Hope you can make it Fo!

    Knolly Lycra. Ha ha. Now thereís an oxymoron. .... Not that thereís anything wrong with that. Youíd still be welcome even in Lycra.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Thought Iíd stoke the excitement level a bit. This is a really good POV narrative of Hangover, one of my favorite trails anywhere. Yes, weíll most definitely be doing this one!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qar2_iRzc9U


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Or maybe....???

    https://youtu.be/FmDh1ZUnBu8


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Knollyís preferred ( this is a Knolly gathering after all) but not mandatory. Let me know as soon as you can if heíll need a spot in the house. Itís filling up fast.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's not coming.
    '04 Knolly VTach | '15 Knolly Podium | '16 Knolly Delirium | Knolly Warden

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Or maybe....???
    https://youtu.be/FmDh1ZUnBu8
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The stoke is strong with this one.

    I have a habit of envisioning myself in videos, where I know there is a high likelihood of trying the shenanigans that are portrayed. This one got my heart rate up! I can watch Darkfest videos all day without a change in pulse, since there is zero chance that I would or could, ride like that. But show me a steep, sketchy section, and my mind goes racing, and I start to get nervous.
    '04 Knolly VTach | '15 Knolly Podium | '16 Knolly Delirium | Knolly Warden

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    The stoke is strong with this one.

    I have a habit of envisioning myself in videos, where I know there is a high likelihood of trying the shenanigans that are portrayed. This one got my heart rate up! I can watch Darkfest videos all day without a change in pulse, since there is zero chance that I would or could, ride like that. But show me a steep, sketchy section, and my mind goes racing, and I start to get nervous.
    These had my heart racing as well. Some pretty sick, sketchy lines in that video. And the fact that they look steep and super sketch in the video makes me think they must be dang near vertical. Yikes. I suspect you'd only see these if you followed Lars around.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by B Gillespie View Post
    Mycra, have you talked to Ted or Steve?

    KRob, I'm down for part of the trip.
    Should I move you to the definite list then?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    33
    Hi KROB Stan here. I will be booking flights on Friday. Looks like there will be 3 of us coming from my group.
    Ash McMillan
    Sean Rodgers
    Stan Yee

    So please put me down for 3 spots at the house.
    Iíll confirm flights once booked. Hoping to have this done by Friday
    Cheers

  80. #80
    heaven help me
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Thought Iíd stoke the excitement level a bit. This is a really good POV narrative of Hangover, one of my favorite trails anywhere. Yes, weíll most definitely be doing this one!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qar2_iRzc9U


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Looks like Endo heaven. Wish I could make it.

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,504
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Thought Iíd stoke the excitement level a bit. This is a really good POV narrative of Hangover, one of my favorite trails anywhere. Yes, weíll most definitely be doing this one!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qar2_iRzc9U
    I rode Hangover on my Endo last fall. Great bike for that trail. Just enough DH capability to handle the gnarly sections without feeling like a truck when the trail demanded slow speed finesse moves.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I rode Hangover on my Endo last fall. Great bike for that trail. Just enough DH capability to handle the gnarly sections without feeling like a truck when the trail demanded slow speed finesse moves.
    That's good to know. Last time I was there (2015) I rode a preproduction Endo all over Hogs and other techy/XC trails like Ledge-N-Airy, Girdner, Final Frontier etc but opted for my Chilcotin on Hangover and Hiline and didn't regret having it..... but since I've had my Endo I've found if high speed isn't a factor/necessity my Endo will handle just as much steep tech as the Chili.

    I may still bring the Chili just incase Lars shows up or I need a spare bike because the Endo gets tossed down a cliff or something, Ha ha.
    Last edited by KRob; 1 Week Ago at 10:12 PM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    These had my heart racing as well. Some pretty sick, sketchy lines in that video. And the fact that they look steep and super sketch in the video makes me think they must be dang near vertical. Yikes. I suspect you'd only see these if you followed Lars around.
    I think the steep chute after the White Line is off of Cathedral Rocks. The scene before Nate's bike goes rolling down the cliff are alternate lines down Hangover, beginning after you pop out on the slickrock after contouring in the shade on the forested cliff band.

  84. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895

    SW Knollyfest 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons View Post
    I think the steep chute after the White Line is so off of Cathedral Rocks. The scene before Nate's bike goes rolling down the cliff are alternate lines down Hangover, beginning after you pop out on the slickrock after contouring in the shade on the forested cliff band.
    Agreed. As I watched it a second time yesterday I paid more attention to where things were and came to the same conclusions. Still donít think Iíll be seeking out those lines. That chute off Cathedral Rock is harrowing. It even gave Nate pause. Shudder.

    Are you coming, Rodney?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  85. #85
    Peace & Love
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,275
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Agreed. As I watched it a second time yesterday I paid more attention to where things were and came to the same conclusions. Still donít think Iíll be seeking out those lines. That chute off Cathedral Rock is harrowing. It even gave Nate pause. Shudder.

    Are you coming, Rodney?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't imagine myself having the balls to try that. However, I am pretty sure if I have Mikesee build me some wheels it will make it so much easier

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Agreed. As I watched it a second time yesterday I paid more attention to where things were and came to the same conclusions. Still donít think Iíll be seeking out those lines. That chute off Cathedral Rock is harrowing. It even gave Nate pause. Shudder.

    Are you coming, Rodney?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think I can attend the Saturday and Sunday rides. I'll probably camp.

  87. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,504
    Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons View Post
    I think I can attend the Saturday and Sunday rides. I'll probably camp.
    I'll probably have a campsite to share. Let's chat when the event gets closer if you are interested.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  88. #88
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,398
    Muddy day here in Sedona, but the Knollyís did great. Have fun yíall!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SW Knollyfest 2019-4bee105a-5c83-4412-8677-ac978d4de602.jpg  

    Bikes

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    Muddy day here in Sedona, but the Knollyís did great. Have fun yíall!
    So youíre not coming back down for the Knollyfest?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Satn View Post
    Hi KROB Stan here. I will be booking flights on Friday. Looks like there will be 3 of us coming from my group.
    Ash McMillan
    Sean Rodgers
    Stan Yee

    So please put me down for 3 spots at the house.
    Iíll confirm flights once booked. Hoping to have this done by Friday
    Cheers
    Thatís great! Just saw this. I just emailed you, Stan asking about the others in your group. Iíll put all three of you down on the definite list.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KRob; 1 Week Ago at 09:53 PM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons View Post
    I think I can attend the Saturday and Sunday rides. I'll probably camp.
    Itíll be good to have you. Keep in touch for where and when weíll be riding.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895

    SW Knollyfest 2019

    Just updated the attendees list. Everyone please scroll up and take a look and make sure I have you on it, especially if youíre definitely coming and staying at the house.

    Those on the "Maybe" list, let me know your current status. Try and give me a percent likelihood of you making it.

    Looks like we currently have 9 commitments for the house. Three or four more is all that will fit (although I'm sure there's some floor or couch space others could use). If it does fill up and you're still looking for a room, I have a room reserved at the Days Inn by Wyndham over in Oak Creek Village that I'm holding until the last minute incase someone needs to use it ($143 per night taxes included two queen beds).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KRob; 1 Week Ago at 10:36 PM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,544
    KRob,
    Sorry for the late message. I got approved at work, and can go on the trip!

    Ill try to get there early.

    I would also like to stay in the house.

    Will message again soon, need to buy plane tickets and finish my build.

    Jason/Dave which flight are you guys taking out of SEA?

    Ralph

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    KRob,
    Sorry for the late message. I got approved at work, and can go on the trip!

    Ill try to get there early.

    I would also like to stay in the house.

    Will message again soon, need to buy plane tickets and finish my build.

    Jason/Dave which flight are you guys taking out of SEA?

    Ralph
    Departing:
    Alaska 636, Wed, Mar 27
    5:30 am
    Phoenix (PHX)
    Wed, Mar 27
    8:35 am

    Return:
    Alaska 637 , Phoenix (PHX)
    Sun, Mar 31, 7:05 am
    '04 Knolly VTach | '15 Knolly Podium | '16 Knolly Delirium | Knolly Warden

  95. #95
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    So youíre not coming back down for the Knollyfest?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish I could swing it. Love the riding there!
    Bikes

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,544
    BB, I am on same flights.

    That 530am flight is gonna hurt. Upgraded to premium for $40 so hopefully I can sleep


    Cant wait to see everyone again.

    -Ralph
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    I don't have a Knolly yet, but the Fugitive LT is in the top 2 or 3 bikes.

    What type of accommodations are you considering for this trip? Hotel, camping or house rental? If camping, I'd need to drive down. If hotel or house, I could fly down. Just need to start planning for the time off.
    You should really pull the trigger, imo. It is faster on flow trails and through chop/braking bumps than my Carbon Warden (with a PUSH 11-6), and is incredibly balanced. Knollys have always been good in the corners, this one just makes you a better rider. And overall, it is just a fun bike. This last trait is kinda rare for 29r's.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    BB, I am on same flights.

    That 530am flight is gonna hurt. Upgraded to premium for $40 so hopefully I can sleep
    Cant wait to see everyone again.
    -Ralph
    I think I picked 5:30 over a later flight to save money. 5:30 flight was 8k points or $89 at the time, which is about as cheap as it gets. I'm usually so stoked to go on these trips, I don't sleep well the night before anyway. Good call on the upgrade!
    '04 Knolly VTach | '15 Knolly Podium | '16 Knolly Delirium | Knolly Warden

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    BB, I am on same flights.

    That 530am flight is gonna hurt. -Ralph
    Glad you're coming, Ralph. This is going to be fun! I'll move you to the definite list and hold a spot in the house for you.

    I think the 7:05 AM departure for the return flight from Phoenix is going to hurt more, especially after we ride two or three times a day for 4 days, stay up late cooking, drinking and shooting the breeze every night, then still have to drive 2 hours to Phoenix and get there an hour before your flight!

    Oh well, you can rest when you get home. Ha ha.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,544
    Hopefully, Jason will drive me if I pay for the car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 214
    Last Post: 12-06-2018, 06:32 AM
  2. 2019 Anthem 1 (27.5) vs 2019 Spark 950
    By squidattack in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-07-2018, 11:21 AM
  3. stump jumper 2019 expert or SC Bronson v3 s 2019
    By coming_in_hot in forum 27.5
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2018, 09:49 AM
  4. SW Knollyfest photo thread
    By KRob in forum Knolly
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-12-2018, 11:41 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2018, 06:58 PM

Members who have read this thread: 146

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.