SW Knollyfest 2019 - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yebo Numzaan
    Hey dudes!

I am booked.

SEA - PHX on Tuesday Alaska 646 night landing at 6:35pm
    PHX - SEA on Sunday Alaska 633 leaving at 5:25pm

Time for one more ride on Sunday!!

Probably rent a car unless there are any better ideas or options. I am booked at the Marriot in Precott for Tue night

I will likely ship the bike to a shop in Prescott with bikeflights.com and then ship it home from Sedona.

Stoked
    I support EMBA

Yebo Numzaan
    This might be the next chance i get to ride my bike based on the amount of snow we have on the ground here
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    Hopefully, Jason will drive me if I pay for the car
    I'll work with the Emerald Aisle attendant to get the biggest car they have under my plan, so we can fit 4. Shouldn't be a problem. Worse case, we end up in a midsize pickup, and two people have to squeeze in the back seat.

If I have to upgrade to a full-size pickup, we'll need to discuss what that looks like at the time, since the rates vary widely. Sometimes, they just give you bigger cars without a care, under the contract price, but only when it's busy, and they are short on non-executive level cars. I'll also ask for a "hook up", see if they are feeling benevolent. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.
    '04 Knolly VTach | '15 Knolly Podium | '16 Knolly Delirium | Knolly Warden

mtbr member

SW Knollyfest 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    Hey dudes!

I am booked.

SEA - PHX on Tuesday Alaska 646 night landing at 6:35pm
    PHX - SEA on Sunday Alaska 633 leaving at 5:25pm

Time for one more ride on Sunday!!

Probably rent a car unless there are any better ideas or options. I am booked at the Marriot in Precott for Tue night

I will likely ship the bike to a shop in Prescott with bikeflights.com and then ship it home from Sedona.

Stoked
    Where are you going to stay on Tuesday night? You might want to just grab a hotel near the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, do a SoMo lap in Phoenix Wednesday morning then meet us up in Prescott for the Dells ride that afternoon. Or just hook up with Jason and Ralph Wednesday morning and ride up with them if you want to share vehicles. It looks like you don't fly out until Sunday night so you may want to get your own vehicle.

Edit: Just noticed you are shipping your bike to Prescott. That works too. Shipping to Phoenix probably won't work because shops won't open before 9:00 or 10:00 next morning.

Heck, you guys all might want to get in a SoMo lap in Phoenix Wednesday morning before heading up to Prescott.... unless it'll be too much hassle (or not enough room in the vehicle) to unbox and assemble all your bikes in Phoenix. I won't be getting to Prescott for the Dells ride before noon. More like 1:00 or 2:00 probably.

This is going to be soooo fun. Maybe if you're out of shape from too much snow and no riding, we can keep you in sight.
    Last edited by KRob; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:24 AM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Robertson
    I'm out, my departure date for deployment got pushed up I'll be in Arizona riding Flagstaff (lower stuff)-->Sedona-->Phoenix March 6-8 if anyone is around. If Flag has too much snow then may switch it for Tuscon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearce1475 View Post
    I'm out, my departure date for deployment got pushed up I'll be in Arizona riding Flagstaff (lower stuff)-->Sedona-->Phoenix March 6-8 if anyone is around. If Flag has too much snow then may switch it for Tuscon
    Sorry to hear you wonít be able to make the Knollyfest. Glad youíll get some AZ shredding in before your deployment. Godspeed and thank you for your service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Yebo Numzaan
    Yo Krob,

I booked a cheap hotel (points) in Prescott for Tue night. I will likely grab a rental car.

I freeking detest travel (its a work thing)...so i like to keep shit simple. I will chill Wednesday AM or do some mellow exploring.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Yo Krob,

I booked a cheap hotel (points) in Prescott for Tue night. I will likely grab a rental car.

I freeking detest travel (its a work thing)...so i like to keep shit simple. I will chill Wednesday AM or do some mellow exploring.
    Sounds good. Sleep in. Get the bike built. Take a short ride. Weíll see you around 1:00. Canít wait!

They just got a foot of snow in Prescott. Hopefully the weather warms up and it melts. The Dells are so cool.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I'll be there, though only for the weekend, work keeping me down other wise, and plans ended up lining up for me to stay in AZ. No accommodations needed, I've got my own sorted. Is there a communication channel to stay in touch on specifics besides this thread? Pretty pumped!

mtbr member
    ...deleted

mtbr member

SW Knollyfest 2019

Quote Originally Posted by james.stoup View Post
    I'll be there, though only for the weekend, work keeping me down other wise, and plans ended up lining up for me to stay in AZ. No accommodations needed, I've got my own sorted. Is there a communication channel to stay in touch on specifics besides this thread? Pretty pumped!
    Awesome. Iíll add you to the definite list. Itíll be great to meet you. Send me a PM with contact info and Iíll keep you updated

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Geeze, I hope I my arse can take 4 days of riding. I've had 2 days on my bike since January 1st? I need the snow to melt already! I've had to resort to running, to keep the cardio up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Geeze, I hope I my arse can take 4 days of riding. I've had 2 days on my bike since January 1st? I need the snow to melt already! I've had to resort to running, to keep the cardio up.
    The Dells will wake up your legs. It's like Gooseberry Mesa except the repeated climbs are steeper and taller. 10 miles feels like 30, ha ha. We're trying to soften you up so we can keep up, Jason.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Ok if my counting is accurate, it looks like there's 11 people definitely staying at the house. Nine of you are in for the full four days and two for at least part of the four.

The total right now is $2200 for the four days including cleaning fee, taxes, and booking costs. The price may go up if I tell him we have 11. I think the reservation is for 8. Not sure, but it seems like when I played around with the numbers when I was booking it, the price changed based on the number who would be there. So let's figure around $2500 total. So $227 per person. Sorry I can't prorate it for those staying less than the full time. The price is the same for me. Even if you only stay 2 days though, it's still cheaper than most hotels ($113.50 per night).

Do we want to do any group dinners or breakfasts at the house like we did at Hurricane? We can do that if everyone's willing to chip in.That's a little tougher for me because: a) it's not my house and I don't know what's all there as far as cooking supplies and pots/pans etc; b) There's quite a few more people so it gets a little more involved; c) everyone has different dietary needs/wants. I'm willing to do that again if you want, but if you'd rather just fend for yourselves that's cool too. If the price doesn't go up for having more than the booked number of people, we could take that extra and buy some basics, like fruit, milk, bacon, oatmeal, eggs, coffee, drinks, etc.... or maybe put it towards a meal out together one night. Just some thoughts.

Adult beverages: Bring what you'd like to drink. I don't drink so would be clueless as to what to buy.

Rides: Plan on two rides a day. Feel free to join (or not join) depending on how frisky you're feeling or how technical the ride is. These are not supported or sponsored rides. Knolly has no direct involvement with the gathering. We're just a group of like minded friends getting together to enjoy riding (mostly) Knolly bikes on cool trails. You are on your own as far as mechanicals and carrying what food and water and supplies you will need for a 2-4 hour ride. Of course we will try and stay together and not drop anyone and will try our best to help with repairs (or injuries), but come ready to be self supported.

Ideas for rides: These are on my MUST DO list: Granite Dells, Hangover, Hogs, Highline. We can fill in around those as desired. Suggestions? I still have Ledge-And-Airy on my to do list. Plus I've never done the stuff West of the Airport (Ram's Head, Old Post, Sketch, Carol Canyon). .. The new Thunder Mountain reroute might be worth a look. I would also like to do Transcept and Turkey Creek.
    Last edited by KRob; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:01 PM.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Yebo Numzaan
    Thanks Kent!

I think you have done enough by arranging the house - so I dont think you need to go shopping and look after us.

I think we should wing it day by day...if any of us feels like stopping at a grocery store before / after a ride and grabbing some fixings for lunch / dinner - then lets just do that. We can submit the receipt to you for the final split = or start a seperate kitty. That works really well if everyone takes turns.

I agree it would be rad to have coffee and sandwhich / lunch ingredients at the very least and even eggs / bacon / toast / oatmeal as a second level of luxury...So I would volunteer to stop in and get that stuff.

Have you heard of https://www.kittysplit.com/en/ - works really well to split expenses and allows everyone to login and submit an invoice.

Stoked bru...
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I've got my lodging covered, which also means I've got my food covered.

As far as trails for me, I'm down for everything!

mtbr member
    Thanks Kent!

I think you have done enough by arranging the house - so I dont think you need to go shopping and look after us.

I think we should wing it day by day...if any of us feels like stopping at a grocery store before / after a ride and grabbing some fixings for lunch / dinner - then lets just do that. We can submit the receipt to you for the final split = or start a seperate kitty. That works really well if everyone takes turns.

I agree it would be rad to have coffee and sandwhich / lunch ingredients at the very least and even eggs / bacon / toast / oatmeal as a second level of luxury...So I would volunteer to stop in and get that stuff.

Have you heard of https://www.kittysplit.com/en/ - works really well to split expenses and allows everyone to login and submit an invoice.

Stoked bru...
    That sounds good. I like the kittysplit idea too. Does that work for restaurants too? Although I guess most restaurants have those bill splitting handheld devices now.

I've got a credit card bill coming due next week and the second half of the Airbnb payment coming up in two weeks, so I'll text or email by paypal and/or Venmo to everyone here soon.

Thanks guys. This is going to be super fun.

PS: Glad we didn't do it this weekend. Still snow on the ground and lots of mud from what I hear. Should be good to go my the end of March. If not we'll just uproot the whole party and head to Phoenix/Tucson.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

ride more.
    Nov 2004

SW Knollyfest 2019

Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    That sounds good. I like the kittysplit idea too. Does that work for restaurants too? Although I guess most restaurants have those bill splitting handheld devices now.

I've got a credit card bill coming due next week and the second half of the Airbnb payment coming up in two weeks, so I'll text or email by paypal and/or Venmo to everyone here soon.

Thanks guys. This is going to be super fun.

PS: Glad we didn't do it this weekend. Still snow on the ground and lots of mud from what I hear. Should be good to go my the end of March. If not we'll just uproot the whole party and head to Phoenix/Tucson.
    Thanks KRob. I sent you a message re payment. At least to the number I have for you.

Yebo Numzaan
    Ja dude - Kittysplitter you can use for anything...each payment can be divided only amongst those who partake..e.g. the house can be split between all 12 dudes...if 5 of us go for dinner you can split the dinner between those 5 and it adjusts accordingly...I can give Jason money and it will adjust how much we each owe you etc..

Pretty cool.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by james.stoup View Post
    I've got my lodging covered, which also means I've got my food covered.

As far as trails for me, I'm down for everything!
    Good deal. Thanks James.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux View Post
    Thanks KRob. I sent you a message re payment. At least to the number I have for you.

Yep same number as always. Got your message. I'll be in touch. Thanks Mike!

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Robertson
    Be sure to spend some time at the Sedona Bikepark! Fun jumps but not too big

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Hi everyone. Super stoked meeting and riding with everyone! Wondering what tires would one recommend in Sedona? I typically run Minions but tires are more geared for wet loam etc. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    I would ride anything with side knobs that don't tear. My Schwalbe were terrible last year, but they improved their manufacturing processes and materials, so they are far more durable now. Sedona will be the true test though. Magic Mary and Hans Damph is what I'm running, but that's what I always run everywhere.

Yebo Numzaan
    Just get a Double down for the rear.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    I'm not sure how much traction you'll get with one of these.

SW Knollyfest 2019-kfc-double-down-burger-861714.jpg

Yebo Numzaan
    Traction is a function of vertical force on the riding surface...no?
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    I'm not sure how much traction you'll get with one of these.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KFC-Double-Down-burger-861714.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	1240780
    That looks amazing!

Stan: DHF front/Agressor back with the DD compound would work great. If you're already running DHF/DHR or DHF/DHF and there's still good tread remaining that would be great too. If you're running the super tacky/soft compound the red rock will finish it off, but it will work great.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Ok t-minus two weeks!! Time to start thinking about rides. Hereís a tentative ride schedule:

Schedule so far is pretty flexible except weíre definitely doing Granite Dells in Prescott with a couple locals on
    the afternoon of Wednesday the 27th. One routed/built most all the trails out there and the other has ridden them probably more than anyone except the builder. Should be a special tour.

Thursday Friday Saturday might look something like this:

Thurs: Munds to Hangover lollipop AM; Broken Arrow/Hogs with some Chicken Point/Submarine Rock sessioning (White Line ?!?). Maybe drop Little Horse and loop back through the neighborhood to finish PM.

Friday: Carol Canyon Loop. Probably a double loop starting at Skywalker to Ridge that hits pretty much everything out there. Should be able to ride right from the house. AM;
    Classic Hiline (Slim Shady/Made in the Shade HL Baldwin Buddha Beach Templeton) PM

Saturday: Dry Creek Area loop from the house for a warm up (probably SBs suggestion) AM; Hiline /Transcept /Turkey Creek PM

Doable? Iím kind of a slave driver when Iím leading a gathering. I figure folks can pick and choose if theyíre not up for the two-a-days or arenít up for the more tech, high-risk rides and you can always rest when you get back to work, right?

Iím heading home Sunday morning but I know thereís at least couple guys whoíll still be looking to get a ride in before they head back to Phoenix to catch late flights.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I wouldn't harsh your mellow with a non-Knolly bike, but if anyone ends up down in Phx and wants to ride South Mountain, hit me up.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    I wouldn't harsh your mellow with a non-Knolly bike, but if anyone ends up down in Phx and wants to ride South Mountain, hit me up.
    Thanks! Like I said, there are a few guys that are flying out of Phoenix Sunday evening that might take you up on that offer. Or if the weather is crap up in Sedona we may uproot the whole party and end up down there, Ha ha.

No worries about the non-knolly bike (trying to remember what you're riding now but seems like you were pretty happy with it from something you said), we'll have a few non-knolly bikes with us on most every ride (old friends, previous knolly customers, etc), but yeah, mostly knolly.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Hey there fellow Knolly riders (and friends),
    I caught wind of this gathering and I would love to be a part of it! I live in Flagstaff (north of Sedona ~1 hour) and would be honored to tag along with you all at the end of this month. For what its worth, I am a bike mechanic and can help with any mechanical issues before, during or after the rides. Please let me know how I can help out to make this a memorable and rad time filled with all things bikes/Knolly!

Jesse

mtbr member

SW Knollyfest 2019

Quote Originally Posted by JesseCalvin View Post
    Hey there fellow Knolly riders (and friends),
    I caught wind of this gathering and I would love to be a part of it!

Jesse
    Hey Jesse. Weíd love to have you! Send me a pm with your contact info and Iíll keep you in the loop as far as rides and other activities.

Hereís a vid of one of the descents weíll be doing in the Carol Canyon area just to keep the stoke going. Canít wait!

https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteBik...0056608105788/[/QUOTE]

www.stuckinthespokes.com

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Kent: Iím on a Ripmo and just got the new Trance. Iíll PM you my cell in case you need to make plans in Phx.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Hereís a vid of one of the descents weíll be doing in the Carol Canyon area just to keep the stoke going. Canít wait!

https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteBik...0056608105788/
    I see a lot of green, spikey things, boarding the trails in that video. I think I'll put some extra Stan's in my tires, in case I stray off trail and end up taking the "pro" line, or the path of most resistance.

mtbr member
    I see a lot of green, spikey things, boarding the trails in that video. I think I'll put some extra Stan's in my tires, in case I stray off trail and end up taking the "pro" line, or the path of most resistance.
    Yeah, the local flora is not your friend. Bring a comb.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member

SW Knollyfest 2019

Iím about to cancel my reservation for the hotel room I had reserved in case the house didnít work out. Let me know if anyone wants it.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Tanner and I may be able to join in on the Dells ride, depending on work that day,but as for the rest of the festivities, I'm out as we're heading to St. George on Thurs for some family fun.

mtbr member
    Just got back from Shredona for 8 days...house was awesome with all the stuff for cooking in it and then some! Right near Hogs.. your house will prob have everything you need to cook. There was 4 of us and the Fugitive lit everything up for all those days except one rest day...it rained. Half Slack mode and steep mode...both were awesome! I got the LeMans blue and compliments on that beast were plenty throughout the week! West Sedona was good too...Mescal was ok...re-route from Canyon of Fools was flowyyyyy and over near tea cup was PreMO! Grand Central was fast and long!! I saw where Nate Hills, Lars, Kyle Mears, and Jeff went down off Hangover..(Wow...nope..didn't do that) and where he lost his bike...which is opposite of cow pies to the right of the dirt road looking up..No WAY doing that!

Great trip..no dust..railed lines.
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sharp7 View Post
    Tanner and I may be able to join in on the Dells ride, depending on work that day,but as for the rest of the festivities, I'm out as we're heading to St. George on Thurs for some family fun.
    Oh, sorry to hear. Have fun on your family trip! Let us know if you'll be joining us for the Dells ride.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member

SW Knollyfest 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
    Just got back from Shredona for 8 days...house was awesome with all the stuff for cooking in it and then some! Right near Hogs.. your house will prob have everything you need to cook. There was 4 of us and the Fugitive lit everything up for all those days except one rest day...it rained. Half Slack mode and steep mode...both were awesome! I got the LeMans blue and compliments on that beast were plenty throughout the week! West Sedona was good too...Mescal was ok...re-route from Canyon of Fools was flowyyyyy and over near tea cup was PreMO! Grand Central was fast and long!! I saw where Nate Hills, Lars, Kyle Mears, and Jeff went down off Hangover..(Wow...nope..didn't do that) and where he lost his bike...which is opposite of cow pies to the right of the dirt road looking up..No WAY doing that!

Great trip..no dust..railed lines.
    Sweet. Thanks for the update. The Fugitive is an incredible bike. Sounds just about perfect for Sedona. Looks like they're going to get a little more rain this Wednesday/Thursday. Haven't seen the long range for next week. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by KRob; 3 Hours Ago at 04:55 AM.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12