Our Adventure through Canada- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Our Adventure through Canada

Here's a short video, 15 minutes shrunk down from 4 hours of video, of our trip to Cananda. Jamie (Dude!), Craigstr, Dave, Mike, myself and Squamish local/Royal Designer/Tour Guide Tav did some riding for 6 days.

We first hit North Shore - CBC. The video of these techy trails is pretty boring so I just included features. In the first part you'll see me pushing Craig off the skinny into the mud....pretty funny . We will be back to ride more of the North Shore.

We were going to hit Squamish the next day, but a huge rain storm hit so we put it off a couple of days and headed up to the park. Unfortunately, the upper mountain was barely open and it was pretty muddy, but by the end of our stay the trails that were open were awesome. We hit everything on the lower mountain. Once again the techy stuff isn't that great so it's mostly feature and jump trails. Dave wanted to try F2B so I enticed him with the "it's sooo smooth" comment then proceded to crash after the gap, comical .

Our one day in Squamish was filled with everything but the featured trail in the NWD movies Expect to Fly. here are the trails we hit in Squamish:

Run 1 - Upper powersmart to pseudo pseuga to lower powersmart
    Run 2 - 19th hole to peanuts wild ride to lowdown to pseudo pseuga (expect to fly was closed) to the new trail then half of lower powersmart
    Run 3 - Grin and Holler to Half Nelson to Another mans Gold, beeeer

The video that I have at the end shows my excitement after hitting the Grin 'n Holla jump line. The next video is of Craig folowling me.

Most of the video of a rider in front of me is Craig in the blue. Unfortunately, Jamie had an ankle injury that he continually tried to avoid the agonizing pain of, but alas it was too mucha nd he just couldn't ride anymore. It was a real bummer and we all felt for him. He'll be back up there later this summer.

All in all, no injuries, except the one we brought with us so it was a great trip with awesome conditions, friends, accomodations and a ton of riding.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/26604081?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/26604081">Whistler Trip July 2011</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4355135">Dominator 13</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Our Adventure through Canada-line-2.jpg  

"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

mtbr member
    You are going to pay for that screenshot of my only fall! I think I have like 10 of yours on film!

mtbr member

Hey now!

Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    You are going to pay for that screenshot of my only fall! I think I have like 10 of yours on film!
    That's not too bad considering I caused your only fall.
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Great vid, thanks for sharing!

mtbr member
    Awesome! Looks like you guys had a great trip and a good time.
    Really enjoyed the video. You guys have some seriously good skills.
    BC = on my to-do list.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Rad riding and video! Gives a nice overview of some of the trails up there. Can't wait to go myself, only a few more weeks. Those resort trails look so much fun. Schleyer is a must do, as well as the jump trails. Never heard of Crack Addict, it looks pretty gnarly and steep, it has been added to the "must ride" list. Grin n Holla is a bit much for me though, high speed gaps are intimidating.

Meh
    Kick a$$ video, need to show this to some of my riding group.

mtbr member
    Hey Dude, sweet vid, looks like you guys had a blast. Also thanks for the "tour", I now know out of a few trails which are my type and which are not - like slow, rough, tech and not so much air, so the vid really showed what is what
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    Thanks for sharing. This really motivates me to get out there next year.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Good to see you hitting it hard again after the 5 finger discount theft experienced earlier on.

What is on your top tube? it looks like a watch minus the straps.....

mtbr member
    Was a great trip. I could spend a week riding the shore and Squamish and not even go to the park. The Grin & Holler jumpline was the highlight, looked SO much bigger in person. Like they say, most sports require one ball, mountain biking requires two!

What the ----?
    Nice job with the vid Dom, you guys kicked some ace up there.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Good stuff! I wish I could live up there. Sigh.

mtbr member
    Nice!
    I love how you sniped that guy takin a piss on Dirt Merchant

I wonder if the 3D GoPro will finally reduce the diminution of features and jumps. As anyone who has ridden those trails knows, they are so much more technical/steep/bigger than (2D) film shows.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming