Ok, who will start ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntinos P View Post
    Ok, who will start ?
    I will get the ball rolling...

Fugitive LT large frame (135mm travel)
    Shock: Fox DPX2 Factory
    Fork: Fox 36 150mm Factory Fit 4
    Drive train: Raceface Aeffect 175mm cranks with 28t RF chain ring (flipped). Shimano XT 11spd chain, shifter and deraileur. Box 11-46 Cassette. One Up pedals
    Cockpit: WTB Pure V seat, Thomson 50mm stem, Bars TBD, grips Lizard Skins Northshore. Fox Transfer 150mm dropper with Wolf tooth remote.
    Brakes: Shimano XT M-8000. 203mm front and 180 rear rotors.
    Wheels: Derby 30i AM carbon rims with Chris King hubs. Maxxis DHF in 2.5 up front and 2.5 Aggressor out back.
    Set in Slack Mode.

No idea what it weighs. Dropper not installed yet due to issue with that. Decided not to route the brake line until I know more about the missing rubber port at the seat tube. (Knolly is aware of the issue and is on it.)

I was able to get out on the Fugitive this evening for a night ride on a local trail. I was surprised how quick it felt with the wheelbase being longer than my Warden (also in slack mode), plus the larger wheels. I still need to do some dialing in with the fit and complete the build. It looks like I will be sticking with a 50mm stem like I run on the Warden and Endorphin, but the bars will be mid rise instead of high rise. I don't have enough time on the Fugitive to form a solid opinion yet, but initial impressions are very good.

Pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build and picture thread-001.jpg  

Fugitive build and picture thread-011.jpg  

Portland Off Road Navagators

mtbr member
    Mine is slated to be delivered tomorrow.

What is missing from the cable routing package?

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Mine, (frame) hopefully this Friday.

Since I have no idea when I have Fork / shock no built can begin...

Frame raw XL (LT)
    Fox 36 grip2 150mm
    Dhx2
    Race Face Next R / Turbine R (40mm)
    CC 40/110 headset
    Shimano Saint Brakes (203/180)
    BikeYoke revive 185 dropper
    DMR vault bredog pedals
    CC eewings 175 cranks
    Rotor BB
    30T chainring
    Shimano M8000 shifter / derailleur
    Garbaruk 11-50 cassette
    i9 torch / Sapim CX rays / carbon (32mm internal) rims
    Maxxis minion DHF 2.5 / DHRii 2.4

mtbr member
    Mine, (frame) hopefully this Friday.

Since I have no idea when I have Fork / shock no built can begin...

Frame raw XL (LT)
    Fox 36 grip2 150mm
    Dhx2
    Race Face Next R / Turbine R (40mm)
    CC 40/110 headset
    Shimano Saint Brakes (203/180)
    BikeYoke revive 185 dropper
    DMR vault bredog pedals
    CC eewings 175 cranks
    Rotor BB
    30T chainring
    Shimano M8000 shifter / derailleur
    Garbaruk 11-50 cassette
    i9 torch / Sapim CX rays / carbon (32mm internal) rims
    Maxxis minion DHF 2.5 / DHRii 2.4
    I知 also considering the CC eewings. Any reason to be concerned about chainstay/crank-arm clearance? I知 a bit leery of shelling out that amount of money for cranks without being 100% confident there won稚 be any problems.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    I知 also considering the CC eewings. Any reason to be concerned about chainstay/crank-arm clearance? I知 a bit leery of shelling out that amount of money for cranks without being 100% confident there won稚 be any problems.
    Hi OldhouseMan: we've had a few sets of the CC EeWings cranks in stock at Knolly: as I mentioned in the other thread regarding Fugitive availability, it's best to reach out to our sales staff directly with these questions. We try our best to support our products and customers on alternative forums such as MTBR but it's a casual environment at best. When contacting one of our sales or customer service staff directly, we can ensure that we get you accurate information for your specific questions.

Warm regards,
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    Black's Cycles in Comox has a medium, large and extra large in stock now. They are selling fast so pop in for a look while they last.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for 的 suck at brake control. Here痴 a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Great looking bike. I am looking forward to your ride reports. I am very interested in hearing how it compares to the Warden.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooks View Post
    Great looking bike. I am looking forward to your ride reports. I am very interested in hearing how it compares to the Warden.
    Finally got out to Sandy Ridge to get some solid time on the Fugitive. For those who don't know, S.R. is a BLM purpose built trail network with a good mix of rock, corners, small/medium jumps and high speed chunk.

Some of my initial impressions are:

Fit: The best fit I have had on all of my Knolly's over the years. I can't fully explain it, but it is really comfortable overall and doesn't require as much forward weighting on steep climbs. This will be the bike I choose for long rides.

Technical riding: Hands down the best tech bike I have ever ridden. I have demoed a good number of 29ers and none of them go through low speed technical/rough terrain like the Fugitive.

High speed rough: Not sure if it quite matches the Warden, but it is close. Mine is set up with a Fox 36 150mm fit 4 and a DPX2 shock. A change to a Grip 2 damper and a coil out back might put it squarely in Warden territory in this respect.

Suspension: The ride of the Fugitive is supple for 135mm travel. It still feels fairly snappy like the Endorphin, but without the sharp spikes when pushed too hard. (I'm comparing to my Endorphin with the same shock minus the Trunion mount) Maybe those extra bearings a the top of the shock make that big a difference?

Cornering: Right now I still prefer 27.5 for aggressive cornering. Ask me again in a few months.

That's all I can think of for now, let's see those builds!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Black's Cycles in Comox has a medium, large and extra large in stock now. They are selling fast so pop in for a look while they last.
    Used to be two larges.............. Can't wait!!!

36 Grip2 (160 before I bother to lower it)
    Float X2
    WAO Agent on I9 wheelset
    XT drivetrain
    RF Aeffect cranks
    Saint Brakes
    Chromag trim
    Last edited by home_piece; 09-27-2018 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Build deets

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Great summary, thanks. The bike sounds like a real winner. Combines the best parts of the Endo and the Warden. Looking forward to more ride reports from new fugitive owners.

mtbr member
    I got the phone call my build is ready to be shipped today. Too bad I'm going to be out of town for work the next week and a half. Super stoked to get it soon though.
    2013 Kona Process
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    Just received my frame today. First thought is that it is very 途obust. Unfortunately the rear brake line is too short so I need to track one down locally to complete the build

mtbr member
    Fugitive build and picture thread-3f146e39-09c6-43c6-bdb3-dad90314b67e.jpgNeed a longer rear brake line, will shorten the front

mtbr member
    Mine is airborn.. delivered this Tuesday!

Great pics guys... more pls. Thanks.
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    My framekit would be a complete bike by now, but they shipped the frame out without the shock by mistake. Aside from that small detail, everything else looks great. Paint job is stellar, welds look decent too. This is my first FS frame that doesn't have adjustable bearing preload on the pivot points; I'm a little skeptical of this design, but I'll let the ride quality and bearing longevity speak for themselves once i get a season of winter riding in.

Was going to have a long week of riding, but I don't think I'll have pics or a ride report for another week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Fugitive build and picture thread-img_0454-2-.jpg

This is mine just after I built it, with too many spacers before I trimmed the steerer tube.

My first ride was a 4 hour ride last weekend in BC wet conditions on pretty steep rock and wet dirt with lots of wet roots. The Fugitive LT handles very well on these types of trails. The short back end feels nice and snappy and the bike really feels like it's glued to the ground. I felt comfortable with the bike right away, which surprised me. There really was no "getting used to it". This bike is a ton of fun to ride!

If I could make one change, it would be in the rear shock (which isn't really a comment on the bike). I have the fox DPX2 and I would prefer more compression on the max compression setting for fire roads. I still find too much bob. When it's time to have the shock serviced, I'll probably get the guys at Vorsprung to firm up that setting.

My wife has the same bike in size small. Does anyone else have a size small and run a water bottle cage? I've tried all the ones we have (2 different Specialized cages) and can't find a cage and bottle combo that fits without the piggybag from the shock hitting it...

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I received my frame yesterday. Haven' t sleep yet.

I have no words... the design, the work and the attention to the detail. Speechless.

Bathroom weight scale showed 3.6 kg with no shock (XL size)
    Not sure if the scale is correct
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build and picture thread-img_20180928_234216.jpg  

mtbr member
    That is consistent with the weight of my large. Happy I don稚 think I need to worry about any durability issues with this one.

I have no words... the design, the work and the attention to the detail. Speechless.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutton Chops View Post
    I've tried all the ones we have (2 different Specialized cages) and can't find a cage and bottle combo that fits without the piggybag from the shock hitting it...
    Have you tried running the shock with the piggyback on the bottom?

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter View Post
    Have you tried running the shock with the piggyback on the bottom?
    I just checked. I don't think you can flip the shock because it's the new trunion mount, and the end near the piggyback is too wide to fit in the lower shock mount. It's pretty tight in there, It'll need a cage that allows side entry and is very low profile to the down tube. I have a bunch of different styles of cage here, and nothing fits so far.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutton Chops View Post
    I just checked. I don't think you can flip the shock because it's the new trunion mount, and the end near the piggyback is too wide to fit in the lower shock mount. It's pretty tight in there, It'll need a cage that allows side entry and is very low profile to the down tube. I have a bunch of different styles of cage here, and nothing fits so far.
    Ah...good point. Wasn't thinking about the trunnion mount.

mtbr member
    On my Endo I took a Giant side loader, ground the bottom flat, and zip tied it to the frame. This allows you to ignore the bolt holes and maximize the space.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for 的 suck at brake control. Here痴 a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Who has a bash-guard setup already? Looking specifically for an ISG guard that will play well with the fugitive. Ideally something that can actually take a rock strike or three.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slurry View Post
    Who has a bash-guard setup already? Looking specifically for an ISG guard that will play well with the fugitive. Ideally something that can actually take a rock strike or three.
    MRP makes a plethora of bash guards that will work.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by buddiesconfusion View Post
    MRP makes a plethora of bash guards that will work.
    Hey all:

Re: Chainguides: probably the only current downside of 157mm rear ends and the wider 55-57mm chainline is that some chainguide upper guides may interfere with the crankarm. That being said, all of these same companies are rushing to get 55-57mm chainline compatible guides out on the market if they do not already have one. Some do. Please contact the chainguide manufacturer to check with them regarding this.

I'll try and get a list of currently compatible guides published on Monday

Cheers,
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

mtbr member
    MRP does offer a Micro bash guard for 30t or smaller rings. No guide on it, simple, light and reasonably priced if you want to keep your chain off of the rocks.

Got another good ride in today of the more XC/distance/climbing variety. This is the main reason I went with the Fugitive Lt and it fits the role perfectly for me. I am more comfortable and able to stay on the bike longer with steep climbs. Happy camper here. Finished build with an ENVE M6 handlebar. 780mm wide with 25mm rise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build and picture thread-009.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Fugitive build and picture thread-20180929_105202.jpg

Wake up ladies! It's time to go for a ride!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Fugitive build and picture thread-20180930_215040.jpg

Wifey's bike is ready!

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    Got another good ride in today of the more XC/distance/climbing variety. This is the main reason I went with the Fugitive Lt and it fits the role perfectly for me. I am more comfortable and able to stay on the bike longer with steep climbs. Happy camper here.
    Sick bike! Good info as well! If I may ask a couple questions what shock did you go with and what type of terrain do you typically ride? Sorry for the HJ, I'm trying to dig up all the info I can on this bike as I won't be able to demo one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by M4rc0 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180930_215040.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	1218703

Wifey's bike is ready!
    wow! that bike looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by M4rc0 View Post

Name:	20180929_105202.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	1218702

Wake up ladies! It's time to go for a ride!
    haha... wicked cool man!

I got mine Sat afternoon and she is so nice! Need to post picks soon!
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk View Post

Name:	3F146E39-09C6-43C6-BDB3-DAD90314B67E.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	1218246Need a longer rear brake line, will shorten the front
    You've got a size L, correct? Was it the stock brake line that wasn't long enough? If so, how long did you need? I'm asking as I'm about to start putting mine together tomorrow night, figured I might as well get a headstart on tracking down a longer brake line if necessary....
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

mtbr member
    I installed my XT brakes on my large and I had to use a new Shimano line. I did not cut much off. Same with the derailleur cable, I only cut maybe 6 inches.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    I installed my XT brakes on my large and I had to use a new Shimano line. I did not cut much off. Same with the derailleur cable, I only cut maybe 6 inches.

Copy that. So, as long as I have a new brake and brake line, I should be fine.... *fingers crossed*

"So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

mtbr member
    No doubt. New XT 8020 on my large and did not really have to cut it. It really could not have been shorter.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Any Black Cherries out there?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage Fu View Post
    Any Black Cherries out there?
    Yes bro! sickest paint job I've ever seen on a bike. Photos just don't do it justice. Still waiting for wheelset to arrive before getting it all built up.

Fugitive build and picture thread-43112383_1899828310313661_3109197155663872000_o.jpg

Fugitive build and picture thread-42921266_1899828273646998_5577773426296225792_o.jpg

Fugitive build and picture thread-img_20180927_200613.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by home_piece View Post
    Yes bro! sickest paint job I've ever seen on a bike. Photos just don't do it justice. Still waiting for wheelset to arrive before getting it all built up.

Name:	43112383_1899828310313661_3109197155663872000_o.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	1219166

Name:	42921266_1899828273646998_5577773426296225792_o.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	1219165

Name:	IMG_20180927_200613.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	1219167
    Wow, now you have me doubting my decision to go with the raw.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Looks great! Is there some metal flake in there?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Name:	43112383_1899828310313661_3109197155663872000_o.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	1219166

Name:	42921266_1899828273646998_5577773426296225792_o.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	1219165

Name:	IMG_20180927_200613.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	1219167
    Right on! Reminds me of an old Klein that I had, paint was similar and like art. IsG. Klein doing some side work for Knolly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Is that a speckle or metallic flake on the paint job?! Looks awesome, shame about the orange decals on the shock though (if I'm being a picky bastard).

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I kinda like the orange decals with it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    And mine is ready too. Yay!

Fugitive build and picture thread-20181004_214649.jpg

I'll take better picture this weekend.
    (sorry for the messy room)

mtbr member
    May 2014
    They Knolly "Y" is a really nice touch!

mtbr member
    May 2017
    The Italian job :-)
    Nice!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Anyone find they're running a crazy amount of HS spacers? I'm 6'2" on an XL, and I need a 40mm stack of spacers to make a 30mm rise bar fit comfortably. What's up the with the short headtubes?

mtbr member
    Anyone find they're running a crazy amount of HS spacers? I'm 6'2" on an XL, and I need a 40mm stack of spacers to make a 30mm rise bar fit comfortably. What's up the with the short headtubes?
    Hi Slurry:

I'm happy to have you contact me directly via PM if you would like to discuss fit. We are known to have - in general - lower head tube heights: we feel this helps riders get "into the frame" when descending. I myself am around 186cm (about 6' 1.5") tall and by far the most common framesize for Knolly employees is size large, so we're all actively involved in sizing discussions when designing our products. That being said, every customer is different and some want higher front ends and some want lower front ends. Our position has been to ensure that we give the riders who want lower front ends those options because it's a lot easier to make a front end higher than it is to make it lower.

Some component suggestions to possibly help with increasing the front end height of your bike without resorting to more headset spacers:
    • Stem with some rise as well: i.e. the Raceface Turbine R has a 0 degree rise, but the regular Turbine 35 and the Affect 35 have +/-6 degree rise which will gain you another 5mm of bar height:
    • Renthal makes the Duo stem which is available in 50 x 10 degree;
    • Hope makes their AM stem in a 0 or 20 degree rise, but only in 31.8mm bar diameter;
    • Higher rise handlebars:
    • Renthal Fatbar (Carbon) is available in 30 and 40mm rises;
    • Renthal Fatbar (alloy) is available in 30 and 40mm rises;
    • Spank Spike 800 Vibrocore bar (31.8) is available in 30 and 50mm rises (this is an awesome alloy bar);
    • Raceface SixC and Next R bars are both available in 35mm rise;
    • Chromag BZA Carbon has 35mm rise;
    • Headset Spacers: 40mm should be the absolute maximum, and ideally less as you've pointed out.

Hopefully this helps - cheers!
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Ride On
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    Hi Slurry:

I'm happy to have you contact me directly via PM if you would like to discuss fit. We are known to have - in general - lower head tube heights: we feel this helps riders get "into the frame" when descending. I myself am around 186cm (about 6' 1.5") tall and by far the most common framesize for Knolly employees is size large, so we're all actively involved in sizing discussions when designing our products. That being said, every customer is different and some want higher front ends and some want lower front ends. Our position has been to ensure that we give the riders who want lower front ends those options because it's a lot easier to make a front end higher than it is to make it lower.

Some component suggestions to possibly help with increasing the front end height of your bike without resorting to more headset spacers:
    • Stem with some rise as well: i.e. the Raceface Turbine R has a 0 degree rise, but the regular Turbine 35 and the Affect 35 have +/-6 degree rise which will gain you another 5mm of bar height:
    • Renthal makes the Duo stem which is available in 50 x 10 degree;
    • Hope makes their AM stem in a 0 or 20 degree rise, but only in 31.8mm bar diameter;
    • Higher rise handlebars:
    • Renthal Fatbar (Carbon) is available in 30 and 40mm rises;
    • Renthal Fatbar (alloy) is available in 30 and 40mm rises;
    • Spank Spike 800 Vibrocore bar (31.8) is available in 30 and 50mm rises (this is an awesome alloy bar);
    • Raceface SixC and Next R bars are both available in 35mm rise;
    • Chromag BZA Carbon has 35mm rise;
    • Headset Spacers: 40mm should be the absolute maximum, and ideally less as you've pointed out.

Hopefully this helps - cheers!
    Totally agree with this philosophy and think that should be true for seat angles too! It痴 easier to get a set back seat post to create a slacker seat angle for those that want it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geraldooka View Post
    Totally agree with this philosophy and think that should be true for seat angles too! It痴 easier to get a set back seat post to create a slacker seat angle for those that want it.
    I like steep seat tube angles, and I agree that it's easy to offset a steep seat tube if you want to (slide saddle back). Not exactly the same with handlebar heights (have to buy new components).

I am happy with how the bike rides, but it looks a little goofy with 40mm of HS spacers. I like my stem and I like my bars, so I'd rather not have to change them just to get the bars at a reasonable height. A 110mm Headtube just seems very short for a XL frame designed for people 6'3" or taller.

Other than that, the bike rides quite well. The seattube angle feels very nice when climbing; no more lower back pain or sore butt after rides. The suspension feels nice an active over square edged hits; I don't have to aggressively unweight the bike when I plow up a pile of rocks/roots. Downhill performance is on par with the 165mm-travel, smaller-wheeled, VPP bike that I replaced with the Fugitive

I got the X2 shock; when the climb switch is enabled, the suspension barely moves. It's pretty ideal for road climbs up to the top. Overall the suspension is somewhat sluggish when really mashing out of the saddle, but it's manageable. I've been riding with a dual-ply rear tire, so I'm sure that's part of that sluggishness.

Coming from smaller wheels and a shorter wheelbase, I don't really notice the big wheels when the bike is planted. Switchbacks are still very manageable, and it doesn't take much more effort to get the bike leaned over for proper cornering. I feel super stable when launching/jumping it, but if your line is off on takeoff, it's harder to correct midair.

I've left it in the "steep" setting and it still feels great on the descents. I'll try slack the next time I'm out. One of the upper suspension linkage bolts loosened up when i was riding; i noticed a squeak as i pedaled. Tightened it up and havent had trouble since. If more things loosen then I'll just loctite them.

Pedal strikes are very common with this frame. Who has experience with modern, low-bb bikes and can tell if the clearance difference between 175mm cranks and 165mm cranks is really noticeable/worth it? I have steel pedals and aluminum cranks so I don't really mind the damage from pedal strikes, but it does get a little annoying and possibly dangerous.

Here is super poor quality photo of the bike with some mud, some excess steerer tube, and a worn-out red chainring:
    Fugitive build and picture thread-knolly.jpg

mtbr member
    With the blue frame, which colour 36 looks best, black or orange?

I like both, but the orange looks a bit better to me.

Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I think orange too

mtbr member
    I think pedal strikes have more to do with rider technique, than how bikes are designed today. I seldom pedal strike, and when I do, it's usually because I misjudged my pedal position relative to the trail. I also think if a rider is sitting, they are more prone to pedal strikes, as the pedals are less likely to be horizontal when seated, and the full weight of the rider is reacting to the trail through the bike, rather than some of those forces soaked up by the rider in a standing position. And when standing, the pedals are usually horizontal, which makes them less prone to strike. Then there is pedal positioning in corners, etc.

That's not to say bikes don't have low BB's, I'm just saying you can compensate with rider technique, and then use that low BB to increase stability and slay trails.

I also use really thin pedals. Canfield Crampons are my favorites, as they are only 6mm on the front edge. I'm not aware of a flatter pedal out there, and this really helps reduce pedal strikes.

Edit: Just saw you use clipless pedals. I don't have experience with those.
    '04 Knolly VTach | '15 Knolly Podium | '16 Knolly Delirium | Knolly Warden

mtbr member
    May 2014
    File this under FWIW: On the orange/black question of fork with the blue frame, complementary or opposite colors often look good because they pop. In this case, orange is opposite blue on the color wheel. That's why the Le Mans blue color with the orange down tube looks so sharp on the Fugitive. For purple, various shades of green would be opposite and could look good. There are a lot more combos out there too if you think about triads and neighbors: https://brightside.me/article/the-ul...t-sheet-92405/

mtbr member
    First real ride on my Fugitive LT size L today. Still dialing in suspension settings (if you look closely you値l see 2 Shockwiz in use), but the rear already feels very good.

We Are One Agent rims with Hope Pro 4 hubs
    Fox 36 Grip2 set at 160
    Fox DPX2 (longer stroke)
    Fox Transfer 150mm
    Shimano Deore XT Di2
    Shimano Deore XT 4 piston brakes
    Shimano 11-46 cassette
    Shimano XTR chain
    Hope headset, Head Doctor, bottom bracket and cranks with Hope Boost 30t chainring (chainline seems spot on)
    DMR Vault pedals
    Deity Coplerhead stem 35mm length, 31.8mm
    Deity.... something handlebars, alloy, 31.8mm diameter, 787mm long (will be cut to 775 or so)
    DMR Deathgrips
    Sqlab 611 Ergowave Active (I think that痴 right, it痴 the one with the elastomer)

Will have a King cage and OneUp EDC pump mounted, but the Shockwiz on the rear made it a no go today.

Steerer tube will be cut after I finalize fit in next couple weeks.

Doesn稚 feel light when I lift it, doesn稚 feel heavy when I ride it.

Including some extra pics of the Di2 routing for those that are interested. My frame was missing the rubber plug for the rear of the seat tube on delivery, but it痴 on its way. In the meantime, running it without doesn稚 seem like a big deal (in the dry at least). Used a few extra zip ties to keep the exposed wire extra secure out back, but still looks clean. Front cable between display is long and will be swapped out for a shorter one, but the shrink wrap is a good solution and everything looks pretty neat and tidy without any extra holes drilled anywhere.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    That's a beautiful bike, and nicely spec'ed. Do you notice the big jump between the 37 and 46 tooth cogs? I run a sunrace cassette, which goes from 40-47 and I like it very much.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I went from 175 to 170 mm cranks, and I do get fewer pedal strikes. I agree with BigB that you can really reduce pedal strikes by using good technique. I usually don't hit things unless I am tired and/or not paying attention.

Ride On

Fugitive build and picture thread

I like steep seat tube angles, and I agree that it's easy to offset a steep seat tube if you want to (slide saddle back). Not exactly the same with handlebar heights (have to buy new components).

Name:	knolly.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	1219681
    I totally understand the frustration of having to buy new things to make something work. My point is that it痴 at least possible to purchase a set back dropper to get slack or add spacers to get high. Whereas if the frame was manufactured with a to tall head tube or a to slack seat tube it痴 not possible to fix those problems by purchasing add on components. So in the best interests of fitting a larger spectrum of rider sizes the philosophy of steep and short works.

PS nice looking ride!
    Last edited by geraldooka; 10-12-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Ride On

Fugitive build and picture thread

Delete

mtbr member
    That's a beautiful bike, and nicely spec'ed. Do you notice the big jump between the 37 and 46 tooth cogs? I run a sunrace cassette, which goes from 40-47 and I like it very much.
    I used to notice the jump, but I had the same cassette on my Turner Burner and got used to it very quickly. I just view the 46 as a bailout gear that allows the other gears to be more tightly spaced.

mtbr member
    I can say you don稚 notice the 37t to 46t jump with Di2. The battery storage the Fugitive is pretty slick, super clean install.

mtbr member
    I can say you don稚 notice the 37t to 46t jump with Di2. The battery storage the Fugitive is pretty slick, super clean install.
    Now that you mention it, yes, the Di2 really helps as that shift happens just as quickly as any other shift. Impressed with the Di2 so far. And the Di2 battery storage is slick indeed - I'll get a pic the next time I take it out.

mtbr member
    Fugitive build and picture thread-ab494685-3dbb-4c6a-b1eb-fbc952b4aa29.jpgI thought I would show how I handled the rear Di2 cable. Not a great picture but I sliced a shift cable lengthwise and put it over the Di2 cable.

Quote Originally Posted by inonjoey View Post
    Now that you mention it, yes, the Di2 really helps as that shift happens just as quickly as any other shift. Impressed with the Di2 so far. And the Di2 battery storage is slick indeed - I'll get a pic the next time I take it out.

mtbr member

Name:	AB494685-3DBB-4C6A-B1EB-FBC952B4AA29.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	1220042I thought I would show how I handled the rear Di2 cable. Not a great picture but I sliced a shift cable lengthwise and put it over the Di2 cable.
    Nice, I like that. My buddy and I have been trying to get some metallic braided housing over it, but so far no joy. This seems like a good solution. Once I get everything dialed in, I post some detailed pics.

mtbr member
    That tyre clearance!!!

mtbr member
    May 2017

Update:

4.43 Kgs (9.7 lbs) with fox Dhx2

Have 10.57 kgs for the 15 kgs barrier
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build and picture thread-img_20181011_093929.jpg  

Fugitive build and picture thread-img_20181011_093708.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hello hello :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build and picture thread-img_20181013_120518-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Looks great, Nitnos! What does it weigh in at and how do you like the coil? Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage Fu View Post
    Looks great, Nitnos! What does it weigh in at and how do you like the coil? Thanks!
    Thank you Gare Fu

15.56 kg (XL size), I trust it will be ~3 kg less with the 11-50 garbaruk cassette & maguras 1893 brakes which are on the way...
    In any case, somehow, It doesn't feel heavy
    I like the coil, I had same shock on the warden C and i was quite happy with :-)

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hello hello :-)
    oooohh those cranks! we need more pics!

here's mine, still waiting on fork, wheels and other hope goodies.Fugitive build and picture thread-img-20181012-wa0006.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Hey Nitnos P. Bike looks awesome! As a potential XL purchaser (I'm 6'6" with a 35" pant inseam, 205 lbs kitted out), how did you build your cockpit? Spacers, stem, bars...? Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Be the Bike View Post
    Hey Nitnos P. Bike looks awesome! As a potential XL purchaser (I'm 6'6" with a 35" pant inseam, 205 lbs kitted out), how did you build your cockpit? Spacers, stem, bars...? Thanks.
    I am 1.88 (~6.2) with 35" inseam

I have 800 bars with 20 degrees rise and 40 stem. I have "left" 4cm spacers below the stems.

I believe that you need more than 820 bars with 35 rise [or lower if you do not cut the fork steerer (until you find the proper cockpit height)], and 60 stem.
    I think that if you go with longer that 60 you will be a little off balance. Try to find a saddle with looong rails, so to place the saddle as far as possible form the stem.

I hope someone who reading here and have a height closer to yours will give you better advice :-)

mtbr member
    May 2017
    As should be :-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Anyone on a Medium - thoughts on fit (& how tall are you)?

Builds are looking great!

mtbr member
    As should be :-)

Great pic!

Unit 91
    Finally got mine built up! The black cherry color looks phenomenal in person. Going to try and get a ride in today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build and picture thread-ddba8770-b585-4617-80b3-fe103ba3c8f0.jpg  

Bikes

mtbr member
    The Prophet... wow man! Great looking stuff there! You killed it! Really! Love those barn doors! Good job!

Nice bicycle to.
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    that's a sweet bike.

I'm still waiting on parts for my build, but at least I got the headset installed!

Fugitive build and picture thread-img_20181016_213838.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    Finally got mine built up! The black cherry color looks phenomenal in person. Going to try and get a ride in today.
    That bike looks great! I went back and forth between the raw and black cherry. Very happy with the raw, especially as I知 not the easiest on frames and paint jobs, but man, that color is something else! Would really like to see someone build it up with some green or gold anodized parts...

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    That bike looks great! I went back and forth between the raw and black cherry. Very happy with the raw, especially as I知 not the easiest on frames and paint jobs, but man, that color is something else! Would really like to see someone build it up with some green or gold anodized parts...

Man, gold anodized parts on the black cherry would be amazing really, that's a great color combo.

BTW, was the frame supposed to come with a rubber gasket for the port where the brake hose and RD housing go into it or just the small metal plate?

I remember the Warden Carbon came with one but it wasn't very good and didn't last very long

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrosalas7 View Post
    Man, gold anodized parts on the black cherry would be amazing really, that's a great color combo.

BTW, was the frame supposed to come with a rubber gasket for the port where the brake hose and RD housing go into it or just the small metal plate?

I remember the Warden Carbon came with one but it wasn't very good and didn't last very long
    Yes, it was, but when I spoke to Knolly they said a batch of the raws went out without the gasket. They said mine was already on the way to my local shop I buy everything through. That said, the cables don稚 rattle there and I知 not too worried about water intrusion, so I haven稚 bothered to see if they致e got it. I thought a couple of well spec壇 o-rings or just a piece of an inner tube with two slits might do the job as well if not better....

mtbr member
    Yes, it was, but when I spoke to Knolly they said a batch of the raws went out without the gasket. They said mine was already on the way to my local shop I buy everything through. That said, the cables don稚 rattle there and I知 not too worried about water intrusion, so I haven稚 bothered to see if they致e got it. I thought a couple of well spec壇 o-rings or just a piece of an inner tube with two slits might do the job as well if not better....

This is BS, am I supposed to remove my brake line to fit the gasket? Did I mention that I hate internal routing, especially for brakes.

On a positive note I borrowed a Shockwhiz yesterday and My X2 settings were pretty good, but I seemingly had too much compression damping.

I finally ended up with;

170 psi
    LSR 8
    HSR 13
    LSC 2
    HSC 2

These are all from fully open, so you can see that the Fugitive doesn't need a lot of compression support. I did not use the compression lever during the test, and it still felt ok on the road climbs. I'm sure that the setting may change a bit over time, but a second ride last night felt great. I PRd a rough pedaly trail even though I hit a rock and came to a complete stop. At times this bike seems to roll to fast
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    This is BS, am I supposed to remove my brake line to fit the gasket? Did I mention that I hate internal routing, especially for brakes.
    yeah, that's why I never bothered replacing the gasket on my Warden when it stopped working.

Yeah I was thinking the tube route, but the oring idea sounds good. I might try this, I remember the gasket on the Warden worked for about a month before it stretched out too much.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Just need to sort out handlebar height and a steerer trim. Significantly fun to ride both up and down - including at Mount Prevost. 33lbs for a large even with cushcore in the rear =

Fugitive build and picture thread-img_20181013_110259.jpg

Fugitive build and picture thread-img_20181013_110319.jpg

Fugitive build and picture thread-img_20181013_110310.jpg

mtbr member
    Holy black Cherry sweet jesus! nice ripper.
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    Some rides on it so far...so smooth and fast. Playing with suspension still and sizing the stem....on 60mm right now but might go back to 50mm..not sure. Sorry for the phone pics. XL.. 33.2 beautiful lbs.

Fugitive build and picture thread-2018-oct-n-beyond-4246.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-2018-oct-n-beyond-4269.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-2018-oct-n-beyond-4273.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-2018-oct-n-beyond-4292.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-2018-oct-n-beyond-4291.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-2018-oct-n-beyond-4301.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build and picture thread-2018-oct-n-beyond-4298.jpg  

Fugitive build and picture thread-2018-oct-n-beyond-4322.jpg  

k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Both looks amazing !

This bike is perfect in any color scheme :-)

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
    Some rides on it so far...so smooth and fast. Playing with suspension still and sizing the stem....on 60mm right now but might go back to 50mm..not sure. Sorry for the phone pics. XL.. 33.2 beautiful lbs.
    Nice looking XL! That痴 the weight I was expecting to be around, but mine is a hair over 35 lbs. sheesh!

I see you池e in NJ. I知 in MD. Maybe we should do an East Coast Knolly get together.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    I've gotta say I'm a little surprised by the weights that are being posted, but I guess they're mostly pretty robust sorta builds, real tyres and sensible parts.

Unit 91
    Finally got out for my first ride. Initial impressions are good, still working to dial in everything. Even at 35 lbs, it climbs and pedals well. With the shock fully open, I don稚 experience much bob. On the downs, the bike begs to go fast and maneuvers well for how long the bike is.

I remember getting my first Knolly in 2013. When I made the switch to 29er, I said if they ever make a 29er, I値l buy it. Well I知 glad I waited and I知 glad I bought it. Happy to be back on a Knolly!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build and picture thread-93e02843-2097-4fde-876c-88842d19da5e.jpg  

Fugitive build and picture thread-b1a982ad-165f-4100-9552-7ebf57aafe08.jpg  

Bikes

mtbr member
    As for the weight, I never weigh my bikes, but my Fugitive is almost certainly 3lbs (or more) heavier than my Carbon YT Jeffry 29. On the trail, I haven稚 noticed the extra weight one bit and have actually found myself standing up and powering through some uphill sections more than ever before. Could just be the excitement of a new bike that I知 getting along well with, or the suspension, the frame stiffness or all three.

I知 also loving the Di2. It makes the jump between the 2 biggest cogs on the XT cassette much less noticeable, and it is really easy to fine tune.

mtbr member
    Ha ha. My Fugitive frame is 3lbs heavier than my last frame as well. In all honesty I probably would not have bought this frame if I knew how heavy it was. Now for the inspirational part of the story:

I WAS a weight weenie. The 3lb difference in frame weight of the Knolly compared to my old bike had no negative impact whatsoever. Tire choice and wheel weight have far more impact than frame weight on how a bike rides.

As many have suggested, the geometry on the Fug is nuts on. I can稚 remember any bike I have felt instantly comfortable on like the Knolly.

There are so many carbon-only riders who will never look twice at the Fugitive and they are missing out. What led my to the Fugitive Is that it was NOT carbon.

Mine came in at 32lbs ready to go.

As for the weight, I never weigh my bikes, but my Fugitive is almost certainly 3lbs (or more) heavier than my Carbon YT Jeffry 29. On the trail, I haven稚 noticed the extra weight one bit and have actually found myself standing up and powering through some uphill sections more than ever before. Could just be the excitement of a new bike that I知 getting along well with, or the suspension, the frame stiffness or all three.

I知 also loving the Di2. It makes the jump between the 2 biggest cogs on the XT cassette much less noticeable, and it is really easy to fine tune.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Much to my surprise I noticed some really ugly "stains" today on my frame. It seems that are impossible to remove them. Anyone with same experience??

mtbr member
    Much to my surprise I noticed some really ugly "stains" today on my frame. It seems that are impossible to remove them. Anyone with same experience??

Probably slight oxidisation caused by sweat. All raw alloy frames do it.

Automotive polish or a gentle Scotchbrite pan scrubber is your friend. 🤩

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    [QUOTE=Ntinos P;13856141]Much to my surprise I noticed some really ugly "stains" today on my frame. It seems that are impossible to remove them. Anyone with same experience??

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I've used Autosol metal polish with decent enough results. Just be mindful when employing brillo type pads even the lesser coarse ones. The decals on raw frames (especially when the frame has been exposed to elements over time) do become more susceptible to wearing thin unlike the painted frames that have been clear coated over....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build and picture thread-img-20180911-wa0010.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2017
    So it is something "normal" that happens to raw aluminum frames?

mtbr member
    So it is something "normal" that happens to raw aluminum frames?

Yes, if they are raw with no protective lacquer or coating then the raw aluminium is open to the elements and will react with its environment or substances it is introduced to. It痴 just oxidisation, it can be removed but even if you don稚 remove it, it can add to the finish or 菟atina. I wouldn稚 worry about it.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Well, I do worry as I bought a shiny raw frame and just in ONE week looks like this. I can not imagine how it will looks after a couple of months...

Anyway today we had a debate... :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    I've gotta say I'm a little surprised by the weights that are being posted, but I guess they're mostly pretty robust sorta builds, real tyres and sensible parts.
    Given the frame plus shock is closing in on 10lbs the build weights make sense. A large Endo with CCDBA/CS and all hardware is 7.56lbs. I'm surprised the Fug frame is so heavy given it's short travel or mid-travel frame depending on configuration. I was pretty impressed with how well optimized the weight of the metal Endo and Warden frames were.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    I've used Autosol metal polish with decent enough results. Just be mindful when employing brillo type pads even the lesser coarse ones. The decals on raw frames (especially when the frame has been exposed to elements over time) do become more susceptible to wearing thin unlike the painted frames that have been clear coated over....
    Yes the decals on my raw Endo came off much easier than I expected. If I got another raw frame from Knolly I'd put some clear tape over the decals to protect them.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Well, I do worry as I bought a shiny raw frame and just in ONE week looks like this. I can not imagine how it will looks after a couple of months...

Anyway today we had a debate... :-)

When the alternative is having a painted frame get all chipped and scratched unless you tape it up, I'll take a raw frame that you can clean up with some polish or scrubbing if you feel the need. Personally, my plan is to let the frame be and see what kind of patina develops.

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Given the frame plus shock is closing in on 10lbs the build weights make sense. A large Endo with CCDBA/CS and all hardware is 7.56lbs. I'm surprised the Fug frame is so heavy given it's short travel or mid-travel frame depending on configuration. I was pretty impressed with how well optimized the weight of the metal Endo and Warden frames were.
    I知 in no way complaining about the weight, but the frame weight listed on the website must be for a small. My XL was 9.3 lbs with DPX2 shock and axle. On the trail though, the weight is nearly unnoticeable.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    When the alternative is having a painted frame get all chipped and scratched unless you tape it up, I'll take a raw frame that you can clean up with some polish or scrubbing if you feel the need. Personally, my plan is to let the frame be and see what kind of patina develops.
    I'm about 18 months into owning a raw Knolly frame [incl. a PNWet winter] and I haven't felt any urge to clean or buff it beyond brushing off the dirt occasionally. I think the raw frames weather pretty well and look nice.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    My Alu warden with a very comparable build kit was 35.5 lbs, can't complain about dropping 2lbs for (what rides like) a "bigger" bike!

mtbr member
    Yeah I shouldn't be surprised really, maybe I messed up the regular/imperial conversion in my head but looking at it now my Endo weighs 30-31lbs depending on shock and tyres so a couple of lbs more for a 29er with a piggyback shock ain't bad at all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    My Alu warden with a very comparable build kit was 35.5 lbs, can't complain about dropping 2lbs for (what rides like) a "bigger" bike!
    Are you saying that the fugitive feels like a bigger bike than the Warden, or bigger than it's travel would typically feel?

mtbr member
    My Fugitive easily replaces a Warden. We hit some steep & gnarly trails yesterday and a couple of times wondered why we were going so slow. We weren't.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    My Fugitive easily replaces a Warden. We hit some steep & gnarly trails yesterday and a couple of times wondered why we were going so slow. We weren't.
    Any chance you and Vik are going to get together for a Smash vs. Fugitive ride?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    Any chance you and Vik are going to get together for a Smash vs. Fugitive ride?
    It'll happen...one day. I'm off to Moab next week then have some local riding to do first week of Nov, but I'm free rest of Nov/Dec.

I'd love to throw a leg over a Fug.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Our setups are so different that I don't think it's possible to swap bikes, even my brakes are reversed. I can arrange a demo though and Vik is very good at putting his thoughts down on the screen.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Are you saying that the fugitive feels like a bigger bike than the Warden, or bigger than it's travel would typically feel?
    Feels bigger in terms of wheelbase plus position on bike - more like my old Delirium than warden in that regard. Doesn't feel bigger climbing though.

And the wheels are "bigger"!

mtbr member

More ride time.

Following up with more impressions and more ride time on the Fugitive. I have around 10 rides on the Fugitive now on all sorts of terrain. Everything from fast PNW flow to chunky Moab rides.

I debated weather to take my Warden or Fugitive to Moab this past week. I did not know if the Fugitive could handle the high speed chunk on sections of trail like the Jeep road section of Porcupine. Well, to put it simply, the Fugitive was the perfect tool for the job in Moab. It had just enough high quality travel to handle the full on chunkfest at speed. When it came to the technical bits, I was pulling off moves that would have been more difficult on the Warden.

I am now comfortable pushing the Fugitive as hard as I can. It is really easy to weight the front of the bike with out feeling like you might get pitched over the bars in a bad situation. It is still not as quick feeling as the Warden and especially the Endorphin. However, I have become more used to the feel of the Fugitive and I can hustle it through corners just fine.

Not sure what else to say at this point, It seems most everyone else has a similar opinion so far on the Fugitive. I'm really stocked to have this bike and plan to ride it for a long time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build and picture thread-015.jpg  

mtbr member
    I am going too fast sometimes.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Hi!

I live in the french Alps. I ride big mountain and pedal up every ride. I am searching for a fun 29er, which could handle burly terrain and pedal well for long day on saddle. The fugitive is on my short list but I can稚 find much reviews about its climbing abilities. Any inputs to help?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I find mine very efficient on the road with the suspension firmed up. It's not bad open either, but there is some movement. On the trail is where the magic happens though. It does not wallow while pedaling, but smooths out rocks and roots, while providing typical Knolly traction. All this with the bit of added rollover that 29 brings. The steep STA puts me in a perfect climbing position as well.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Some more photos of my large setup for a 5'9" rider

Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I find mine very efficient on the road with the suspension firmed up. It's not bad open either, but there is some movement. On the trail is where the magic happens though. It does not wallow while pedaling, but smooths out rocks and roots, while providing typical Knolly traction. All this with the bit of added rollover that 29 brings. The steep STA puts me in a perfect climbing position as well.
    Thanks! Sounds great and your bike looks good!

mtbr member
    I concur with Travis. The Fugitive is a very good climber (and we池e both riding LTs with 160mm forks up front).

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Ι totally argee too.

(for the moment I keep the 150mm fork, while back I have the dhx2)

mtbr member
    That's a sweet looking bike Travis!! Still happy with the reach/sizing?

mtbr member
    If anything I may go up to a 40mm stem from 35mm. There is no way I would ride a medium. I was a bit worried by the 477mm of reach but it could be 487 and I would still be golden. I took it on my favourite techy track and as long as I remember to turn it's fine.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Is there a clear coat over the raw alu ?

mtbr member
    If anything I may go up to a 40mm stem from 35mm. There is no way I would ride a medium. I was a bit worried by the 477mm of reach but it could be 487 and I would still be golden. I took it on my favourite techy track and as long as I remember to turn it's fine.
    What size bars are you running? I知 at 787 now, but will be cutting down to 770, maybe even 760 shortly. After that, I may be looking to go longer on the stem (at 35 right now), or I might just take out the final spacer underneath the stem. Or both.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by foxone View Post
    Is there a clear coat over the raw alu ?
    No. It痴 a true raw frame with painted orange accent.

mtbr member
    My bars are 770 to the grip ends, 780 would be fine as well.

Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for your feedbacks!

I am trying to decide whick bike to chosse between the fugitive, the sb130, the evil offering or the instinct BC. Does anyone has ridden one of them and could compare it to the fugitive?

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Bike is absolutely a work of art...if you are on the fence, don't wait another day! Big thank you to Noel for continuing to do it right and big thanks to Fanatik for getting this thing up and running in such short order.

XL frame with 150mm 36, X2, Ibis 942s/I9 hubs/Minion WTs, Next R cranks and bars, Code R brakes with 180 rotors front and rear, X01 drivetrain with 12 spd GX Eagle cassette.

Cannot wait to beat the living S%*T out of this thing, and from what I've seen so far, I'm sure it can't wait either!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build and picture thread-20181104_060035.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    that looks really good!

banned
    Apr 2006
    How much does it weigh w/o the extras hung on it?

mtbr member
    May 2017
    My XL as pictured above is 33.5lbs.

That said, the thing absolutely rips, and never once have I thought for a second about the weight while riding...it's just an awesome bike.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    One more Fugitive "bike of the day"

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/b...SYAn4Yg86KRdb8

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    One more Fugitive "bike of the day"

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/b...SYAn4Yg86KRdb8
    Looks great, Ntinos! Did you do any extra polishing? If so, what did you use?

mtbr member
    May 2017
    It is not mine,,,

But maybe it will be another day :-)

mtbr member
    Love this bike but anyone else have a creek yet that wouldn't go away? By process of elimination that was driving me nuts it was the linkage..bone dry in there..had to redo all that and clean everything up. Fine now. Interesting.
    Also got the coding for the touch up paint for the le mans blue..closest thing to it at least. cool.
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hey Bizzaro,
    could you share that code fir the Le Mans blue?
    Cheers!

mtbr member
    I almost missed this...I'll post that up Zuzi when I get back from the office. You have scuff marks too a bit on the blue? Where I live it's fast and flowy with somewhat pebbles..gravel..etc... Then rocky terrain not far away. First three rides I got one chip on back of the seat tube and now behind the cranks on that chunk of alum...small but more than a few.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I致e had a bunch of Knollys so know well about the rather sensible paint. Hence I僧 typically protecting exposed parts of the frame with clear tape.
    The reason I僧 asking for the color code is actually custom fork stickers I want to order for my wife痴 Le Mans Blue Fugitive ...

Thanks for your efforts!

mtbr member
    Hey Zuzi...and for anyone else... this is what I got from our mother ship..

We are using TC Paint code, TC6282 . While not exact, we believe that this transfers BEST to Pantone 3115C.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi all.

Is your paint also quite sensitive?
    My Fug Cher/Black seems to catch every smallest hit and loose the paint.
    I'm not reffering to regular scratches (like on phone screen) but deep holes in surface whenever you miss screwdriver or workstand...

Robertson
    Yes, I took two chips out of it just building the bike! I found a black sharpie works quite well to hide any defects and stays on well also

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Sharpie is just recovery but very basic.
    I'm worried on how the bike will look like after 6 months.
    I have 3M transparent tape in strategic places but paint always brakes around.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    This whole thread basically convinced me to buy a Fugitive frame that I will build up in winter. I just read another Fugitive review on bikerumor - looks like I made the right the right choise. :-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by rushy41 View Post
    This whole thread basically convinced me to buy a Fugitive frame that I will build up in winter. I just read another Fugitive review on bikerumor - looks like I made the right the right choise. :-)
    If you think this one was good... I've got some light reading for you...

https://forums.mtbr.com/knolly/fugit...s-1068728.html

Trail Bomber
    Sep 2013
    Just picked up a Large Raw. I am going to have a pretty burly Fugitive ST. 140mm Fox 36, Code brakes etc.... more to come. I have all the parts here... build starts Monday.

Fugitive build and picture thread-20190928_082552_resized.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-20190928_082606_resized.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-20190928_082616_resized.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-20190928_082650_resized.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-20190928_082627_resized.jpg
    2018 Banshee Rune
    2019 Knolly Fugitive ST
    2016 Specialized Fuse
    2013 Raleigh RX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by teethandnails View Post
    Just picked up a Large Raw. I am going to have a pretty burly Fugitive ST. 140mm Fox 36, Code brakes etc.... more to come. I have all the parts here... build starts Monday.

Name:	20190928_082552_resized.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	1282495
    Nice! Can稚 wait to see it all built up.
    I go back and forth every day between the raw and lemans blue.

I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Raw

Trail Bomber
    Sep 2013
    Got the build done last week, and have gotten a few rides on her! Its AMAZING. Also... was lucky enough to get bike of the day on Vital this week.

Fugitive build and picture thread-s1600_fugitive_st_fb.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-s1600_20191001_110214_resized.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-s1600_20191001_110324_resized.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-s1600_20191001_110459_resized.jpg
    Fugitive build and picture thread-s1600_20191001_110450_resized.jpg

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/t...89/setup,39800
    2018 Banshee Rune
    2019 Knolly Fugitive ST
    2016 Specialized Fuse
    2013 Raleigh RX