Fugitive build ideas & plans - Page 9- Mtbr.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Fugitive LT size M, the first 29er I own which can use the marketing claim "Does not feel like a 29er" to 100%. Well done.

Fugitive build ideas & plans-57066094_10214152807282861_1007627502627061760_n.jpg
    Last edited by Stefan0103; 6 Days Ago at 08:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Love that Blue, great looking rig!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtizzle View Post
    held back in some way on the rooty/rocky/climby terrain here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not east coast but Austin, TX....the Fugitive is an incredible bike in the tech. Not too long and the four by suspension is a great way to go for rooty/ledgy climbing. I'm coming off and endorphin and this bike keeps blowing my mind.

mtbr member
    I have been back on my Fugitive instead of my hardtail for a few rides now and have some thoughts. At 5'9" on a large with a 40mm stem I feel the fit is very good. I am not stretched out at all while seated and the DHness is incredible with the decent wheelbase. With the X2/Grip2 combo I can't imagine suspension action being better. I'm going to demo the Forbidden Bike Company Druid soon, because our shop is going to carry them, but doubt if it can be better.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbacon View Post
    I have been back on my Fugitive instead of my hardtail for a few rides now and have some thoughts. At 5'9" on a large with a 40mm stem I feel the fit is very good. I am not stretched out at all while seated and the DHness is incredible with the decent wheelbase. With the X2/Grip2 combo I can't imagine suspension action being better. I'm going to demo the Forbidden Bike Company Druid soon, because our shop is going to carry them, but doubt if it can be better.
    I agree on the sizing, very glad I went with the large + 40mm stem at 5'10". I've added a second 10mm spacer under the stem but that's it. My only gripe (minor) is not specific to the Fugitive but has more to do with steep seat tube angles in general. Seated climbing is great and any time i'm riding with the saddle dropped is great. The common complaint I hear about steep STAs, added weight on the hands on flatter trails, is a non-issue. The only time I have an issue is when I'm riding out of the saddle with the saddle at full height. Think rolling terrain with lots of short ups and downs, quick climbs that you power through out of the saddle without gearing down. The seated and standing positions are so close that the nose of the saddle is in the way a little bit. Similar issue with jumping; the saddle has to be dropped at least partially or it's going to smack my rear end.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    I値l try to provide some more feedback when I have more time on the 135, but even in the 120 setup, I have no regrets making the switch. The Riot is a solid bike, but I知 happy to be back on Knolly suspension. And now I can carry a full size water bottle (size XL).

I知 looking forward to getting this frame up to the shed. Great place to put it through the ringer. Where are you located?
    I live in Frederick. Im on a Riot now, Avy coil so the rear isn't skippy .
    The Shed is a 10min drive for me. Gonna get something this Fall, pretty sure its a Fugitive unless the Carbon Riot makes it out and wows me. But Ive always said if Knolly makes a 9er that fits me (Im 5'6") Id get one. Cannot beat the traction IMHO

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus75 View Post
    I live in Frederick. Im on a Riot now, Avy coil so the rear isn't skippy .
    The Shed is a 10min drive for me. Gonna get something this Fall, pretty sure its a Fugitive unless the Carbon Riot makes it out and wows me. But Ive always said if Knolly makes a 9er that fits me (Im 5'6") Id get one. Cannot beat the traction IMHO
    Cool. I値l keep an eye out for you when we ride up there.

I said the same thing about Knolly and a 29er, so I felt like I had to buy one...glad I did!
    Bikes

mtbr member
    At 5'9" the large seems like a lot of bike to me. Looking at the numbers, there is nothing about the large that would compel me to go that route, the medium seems nearly spot on. I'm curious what made you choose the large?
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    At 5'9" the large seems like a lot of bike to me. Looking at the numbers, there is nothing about the large that would compel me to go that route, the medium seems nearly spot on. I'm curious what made you choose the large?
    I went tried a medium Mondraker Vantage frame 3 years ago that has similar numbers to the large Fugitive and loved it. Then I went from medium Endo to large and picked up a Pipedream Moxie hardtail. Those bike felt far more natural than any old school medium ever did. Because of the Fugitives lower stack it fits smaller than my Moxie. I think we will eventually see medium bikes settle in around 470-480mm reach.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

orthonormal
    I did parking lot test rides on M and L Ripmos and SB130s. Geometry is close to the Fugitive so I chose the L on that basis. The numbers may guide you to the M but give a similar fitting bike a try first

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Anybody have a recommendation on a travel bike bag that works well for the Fugy? What did some of you guys that just did Sedona use? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by davideb87 View Post
    Hi,

i'm looking to replace my kona process 111 frame with a knolly fugitive.
    I already have Knolly Warden that is built for bike parks, i need a bike that pedals well and that is fun on descending, a trail bike. So i will keep it at 120 mm of travel for the beginning.

- If i want to convert it to LT later i just need to remove a spacer on the shock or need a new shock? Don't know new type of shocks and how they work.

- where can i buy the frame? On the knolly website it says 500 USD for shipping to Italy!!! Any other website that sells it?
    In Europe i couldn't find anyone.

Thanks
    500us to ship a frame?! Forget it!! You're not that far from France so if shipping is too much you could still go there ride and buy the frame? Go on facebook ''Knolly bikes France''! I guess you didn't try hard enough?! :P Don't worry, the guy also speak english.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by HH4L View Post
    500us to ship a frame?! Forget it!! You're not that far from France so if shipping is too much you could still go there ride and buy the frame? Go on facebook ''Knolly bikes France''! I guess you didn't try hard enough?! Don't worry, the guy also speak english.
    Thank you!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Placek View Post
    Anyone able to help?
    Take a look at the RF143 spindle!

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/9082b...9df20e3dde.pdf

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by HH4L View Post
    That replies majority of my questions !!
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Evoc Pro. I have over 10 trips with mine, and have had zero issues.

Best part is the removable front wheel. Makes a huge difference if your using public transpo to and from the airport.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Right on, thanks! I was looking at the Evoc's and was hoping someone would confirm they fit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Just to be clear, I have not put a Fugitive in the bag (med Warden), but there is a fair bit of room left over.

For 29 wheels, you値l have to completely deflate the tires.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Oh, gotcha. Thanks for sharing that. I'm not well versed on all of the variables...never done the fly with a bike thing before, and am trying to do math on bringing my own versus renting for an upcoming trip that isn't fully mtb focused.

Robertson
    Quote Originally Posted by jab253 View Post
    Oh, gotcha. Thanks for sharing that. I'm not well versed on all of the variables...never done the fly with a bike thing before, and am trying to do math on bringing my own versus renting for an upcoming trip that isn't fully mtb focused.

Even with longer bikes, you can make it fit in really any bike bag just by removing the rear shock and pushing the swing arm up some

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jab253 View Post
    Anybody have a recommendation on a travel bike bag that works well for the Fugy? What did some of you guys that just did Sedona use? Thanks!
    I've recently purchased a Biknd Jetpack v2 but haven't used it yet, I also looked at the Evoc pro which my friend just got but decided I didn't need the extra length.

We're heading to Derby in a few weeks so get to test them then.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the input all the way around.

mtbr member
    I have been toying with the idea of a -1ー headset with my 150mm fork and the normal shock hole. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Robertson
    What's your reasoning over just putting it in slack mode? For the STA?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearce1475 View Post
    What's your reasoning over just putting it in slack mode? For the STA?
    Yes, I don't want to compromise the steeper STA and my saddle is already forward on the rails. After last nights ride, I'm not sure anymore, that bike is fast as is.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Anyone have easy access to the weights of Fugative LTs with the different factory build options? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Anyone have easy access to the weights of Fugative LTs with the different factory build options? Thanks.
    You can custom build a Fug on the Fanatik site.

https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/bike-builder

Might not be exactly the same as a factory kit, but you'll be able to get something close.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbacon View Post
    I have been toying with the idea of a -1ー headset with my 150mm fork and the normal shock hole. Any thoughts?
    I think it's a good idea, especially since you've upsized so keeping the STA steeper would be advantageous. I've been running an offset bushing on the Endo for a while now (about 0.6ー slacker HA/STA) and just replaced it with a -1ー angleset, so the STA is back where it should be and the front is about half a degree slacker than before. Positive change on both counts IMO, took about half a trail to adapt to.

Only issue in your case might be the increase in stack height, or could you swap your bars out for flat ones to counter that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    You can custom build a Fug on the Fanatik site.

https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/bike-builder

Might not be exactly the same as a factory kit, but you'll be able to get something close.
    I'll be getting mine through grassroots if I spring for one so it will have to be one of their current builds. At least until I start changing things.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789