Fugitive build ideas & plans - Page 5- Mtbr.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Fugitive LT size M, the first 29er I own which can use the marketing claim "Does not feel like a 29er" to 100%. Well done.

Fugitive build ideas & plans-57066094_10214152807282861_1007627502627061760_n.jpg
    Last edited by Stefan0103; 04-13-2019 at 08:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Love that Blue, great looking rig!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtizzle View Post
    held back in some way on the rooty/rocky/climby terrain here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not east coast but Austin, TX....the Fugitive is an incredible bike in the tech. Not too long and the four by suspension is a great way to go for rooty/ledgy climbing. I'm coming off and endorphin and this bike keeps blowing my mind.

mtbr member
    I have been back on my Fugitive instead of my hardtail for a few rides now and have some thoughts. At 5'9" on a large with a 40mm stem I feel the fit is very good. I am not stretched out at all while seated and the DHness is incredible with the decent wheelbase. With the X2/Grip2 combo I can't imagine suspension action being better. I'm going to demo the Forbidden Bike Company Druid soon, because our shop is going to carry them, but doubt if it can be better.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for I suck at brake control. Heres a free tip: get better."

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbacon View Post
    I have been back on my Fugitive instead of my hardtail for a few rides now and have some thoughts. At 5'9" on a large with a 40mm stem I feel the fit is very good. I am not stretched out at all while seated and the DHness is incredible with the decent wheelbase. With the X2/Grip2 combo I can't imagine suspension action being better. I'm going to demo the Forbidden Bike Company Druid soon, because our shop is going to carry them, but doubt if it can be better.
    I agree on the sizing, very glad I went with the large + 40mm stem at 5'10". I've added a second 10mm spacer under the stem but that's it. My only gripe (minor) is not specific to the Fugitive but has more to do with steep seat tube angles in general. Seated climbing is great and any time i'm riding with the saddle dropped is great. The common complaint I hear about steep STAs, added weight on the hands on flatter trails, is a non-issue. The only time I have an issue is when I'm riding out of the saddle with the saddle at full height. Think rolling terrain with lots of short ups and downs, quick climbs that you power through out of the saddle without gearing down. The seated and standing positions are so close that the nose of the saddle is in the way a little bit. Similar issue with jumping; the saddle has to be dropped at least partially or it's going to smack my rear end.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    Ill try to provide some more feedback when I have more time on the 135, but even in the 120 setup, I have no regrets making the switch. The Riot is a solid bike, but Im happy to be back on Knolly suspension. And now I can carry a full size water bottle (size XL).

Im looking forward to getting this frame up to the shed. Great place to put it through the ringer. Where are you located?
    I live in Frederick. Im on a Riot now, Avy coil so the rear isn't skippy .
    The Shed is a 10min drive for me. Gonna get something this Fall, pretty sure its a Fugitive unless the Carbon Riot makes it out and wows me. But Ive always said if Knolly makes a 9er that fits me (Im 5'6") Id get one. Cannot beat the traction IMHO

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus75 View Post
    I live in Frederick. Im on a Riot now, Avy coil so the rear isn't skippy .
    The Shed is a 10min drive for me. Gonna get something this Fall, pretty sure its a Fugitive unless the Carbon Riot makes it out and wows me. But Ive always said if Knolly makes a 9er that fits me (Im 5'6") Id get one. Cannot beat the traction IMHO
    Cool. Ill keep an eye out for you when we ride up there.

I said the same thing about Knolly and a 29er, so I felt like I had to buy one...glad I did!
    Bikes

mtbr member
    At 5'9" the large seems like a lot of bike to me. Looking at the numbers, there is nothing about the large that would compel me to go that route, the medium seems nearly spot on. I'm curious what made you choose the large?
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    At 5'9" the large seems like a lot of bike to me. Looking at the numbers, there is nothing about the large that would compel me to go that route, the medium seems nearly spot on. I'm curious what made you choose the large?
    I went tried a medium Mondraker Vantage frame 3 years ago that has similar numbers to the large Fugitive and loved it. Then I went from medium Endo to large and picked up a Pipedream Moxie hardtail. Those bike felt far more natural than any old school medium ever did. Because of the Fugitives lower stack it fits smaller than my Moxie. I think we will eventually see medium bikes settle in around 470-480mm reach.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for I suck at brake control. Heres a free tip: get better."

orthonormal
    I did parking lot test rides on M and L Ripmos and SB130s. Geometry is close to the Fugitive so I chose the L on that basis. The numbers may guide you to the M but give a similar fitting bike a try first

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Anybody have a recommendation on a travel bike bag that works well for the Fugy? What did some of you guys that just did Sedona use? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by davideb87 View Post
    Hi,

i'm looking to replace my kona process 111 frame with a knolly fugitive.
    I already have Knolly Warden that is built for bike parks, i need a bike that pedals well and that is fun on descending, a trail bike. So i will keep it at 120 mm of travel for the beginning.

- If i want to convert it to LT later i just need to remove a spacer on the shock or need a new shock? Don't know new type of shocks and how they work.

- where can i buy the frame? On the knolly website it says 500 USD for shipping to Italy!!! Any other website that sells it?
    In Europe i couldn't find anyone.

Thanks
    500us to ship a frame?! Forget it!! You're not that far from France so if shipping is too much you could still go there ride and buy the frame? Go on facebook ''Knolly bikes France''! I guess you didn't try hard enough?! :P Don't worry, the guy also speak english.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by HH4L View Post
    500us to ship a frame?! Forget it!! You're not that far from France so if shipping is too much you could still go there ride and buy the frame? Go on facebook ''Knolly bikes France''! I guess you didn't try hard enough?! Don't worry, the guy also speak english.
    Thank you!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Placek View Post
    Anyone able to help?
    Take a look at the RF143 spindle!

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/9082b...9df20e3dde.pdf

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by HH4L View Post
    That replies majority of my questions !!
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Evoc Pro. I have over 10 trips with mine, and have had zero issues.

Best part is the removable front wheel. Makes a huge difference if your using public transpo to and from the airport.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Right on, thanks! I was looking at the Evoc's and was hoping someone would confirm they fit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Just to be clear, I have not put a Fugitive in the bag (med Warden), but there is a fair bit of room left over.

For 29 wheels, youll have to completely deflate the tires.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Oh, gotcha. Thanks for sharing that. I'm not well versed on all of the variables...never done the fly with a bike thing before, and am trying to do math on bringing my own versus renting for an upcoming trip that isn't fully mtb focused.

Robertson
    Quote Originally Posted by jab253 View Post
    Oh, gotcha. Thanks for sharing that. I'm not well versed on all of the variables...never done the fly with a bike thing before, and am trying to do math on bringing my own versus renting for an upcoming trip that isn't fully mtb focused.

Even with longer bikes, you can make it fit in really any bike bag just by removing the rear shock and pushing the swing arm up some

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jab253 View Post
    Anybody have a recommendation on a travel bike bag that works well for the Fugy? What did some of you guys that just did Sedona use? Thanks!
    I've recently purchased a Biknd Jetpack v2 but haven't used it yet, I also looked at the Evoc pro which my friend just got but decided I didn't need the extra length.

We're heading to Derby in a few weeks so get to test them then.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the input all the way around.

mtbr member
    I have been toying with the idea of a -1 headset with my 150mm fork and the normal shock hole. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Robertson
    What's your reasoning over just putting it in slack mode? For the STA?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearce1475 View Post
    What's your reasoning over just putting it in slack mode? For the STA?
    Yes, I don't want to compromise the steeper STA and my saddle is already forward on the rails. After last nights ride, I'm not sure anymore, that bike is fast as is.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Anyone have easy access to the weights of Fugative LTs with the different factory build options? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Anyone have easy access to the weights of Fugative LTs with the different factory build options? Thanks.
    You can custom build a Fug on the Fanatik site.

https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/bike-builder

Might not be exactly the same as a factory kit, but you'll be able to get something close.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbacon View Post
    I have been toying with the idea of a -1 headset with my 150mm fork and the normal shock hole. Any thoughts?
    I think it's a good idea, especially since you've upsized so keeping the STA steeper would be advantageous. I've been running an offset bushing on the Endo for a while now (about 0.6 slacker HA/STA) and just replaced it with a -1 angleset, so the STA is back where it should be and the front is about half a degree slacker than before. Positive change on both counts IMO, took about half a trail to adapt to.

Only issue in your case might be the increase in stack height, or could you swap your bars out for flat ones to counter that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    You can custom build a Fug on the Fanatik site.

https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/bike-builder

Might not be exactly the same as a factory kit, but you'll be able to get something close.
    I'll be getting mine through grassroots if I spring for one so it will have to be one of their current builds. At least until I start changing things.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Need help deciding between raw and black cherry. I love the look of the BC but am curious about the paint durability - would it be decent enough with a wrap? I like the fact that raw doesn't chip and like the look of the raw as well, but don't love the orange accents.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Not sure about the black cherry as I have the blue, though I think all of the colors are sweet in different ways. The blue seems pretty durable so far. I've got wear in the areas my heels hit the chain stays, but I get that on every bike...no rock chips anywhere so far, though the season for that is still ahead in the PNW when the higher terrain opens up, things dry out and shit starts flyin'. Point being, I wouldn't shy away from a color I was really drawn to as the paint seems solid, but admittedly I'm more of a ride 'em hard and let the scars tell the story guy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBguy View Post
    Need help deciding between raw and black cherry. I love the look of the BC but am curious about the paint durability - would it be decent enough with a wrap? I like the fact that raw doesn't chip and like the look of the raw as well, but don't love the orange accents.
    If you do one of those full wraps I don't think you'll have any issues with BC paint chips...I mean unless you do a full yard sale down an epic rock slab, but at that point you'll have other things to worry about.

If you like raw and want to get rid of the orange:

1. buy 6 pack of craft beer
    2. queue up 2hrs of sweet riding videos
    3. get some mild abrassive pads for your dremel tool
    4. drink 3-4 beers while watching some shredding
    5. enjoy a 100% raw frame
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    I ordered the black cherry. Kinda thinking I should of got the blue.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If you do one of those full wraps I don't think you'll have any issues with BC paint chips...I mean unless you do a full yard sale down an epic rock slab, but at that point you'll have other things to worry about.

Do the decals magically fall off, or does the dremel need to be operated in step 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Why would you want to use abrasives and a power tool? It is really simple, acetone, rags and a well ventilated area to do the job.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    Why would you want to use abrasives and a power tool? It is really simple, acetone, rags and a well ventilated area to do the job.
    If that works great. I assume that'll take off the decals as well so you'd just have to be careful there and maybe you'd have to reattach the headtube badge if it's glued on.

That would great on the 4x4 links since it won't affect the anodizing.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus View Post
    Do the decals magically fall off, or does the dremel need to be operated in step 4?
    Give a man a fish and he may choke on the bones. Give a man a beer and a fishing rod and he may be hungry, but he has a hobby for life.

You can spray paint the Di2 hatch cover or plasti-dip it black if you want to go 100% orange free. Same with the orange accents on the 4x4 links.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

Or just go to stikrd.com and they will hook you up with custom decal kit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHROMAG19 View Post
    Or just go to stikrd.com and they will hook you up with custom decal kit.
    A decal kit that covers the orange on a raw Fug frame? I didn't know they made one. That would be easy.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Perpetual Hack
    Need to get the new build from Montana to Ontario.

Bikeflights is out to lunch, 10 800.00 shipping on a 5K US. I checked multiple times with various bike costs/options. The only thing that was anywhere near acceptable was to claim that it is a relocation / vacation transfer. The vacation thing is just over 300. As soon as you say it has been bought and assign a price it just gets stupid.

Anybody have any experience with Shipbikes.com?
    I was quoted 210.00 and taxes/duty on-top.
    That is acceptable.
    Hatched in '64
    A Dirtbag since '69
    A Knomer since '07

Knolly Fugitive
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Endorphin
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    I'm not sure about the orange accents, but Knolly told me (unfortunately) stripping my red Endo frame back to raw would void the warranty.

mtbr member
    A decal kit that covers the orange on a raw Fug frame? I didn't know they made one. That would be easy.
    Contact them. They might be able to hook something up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Guys.
    Any solid transparent decal kits to protect frame?

Robertson
    Guys.
    If you want a full wrap these guys are great but expensive: https://www.invisiframe.co.uk/fugiti...ium-2019.html; if you just want to cover a few spots all mountain style is nice. Or you can buy a roll of 3M helicopter tape off Amazon and custom cut yourself (not that hard TBH)

mtbr member
    Guys.
    [urlhttps://www.ridewrap.ca/

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Guys.
    +1 on ridewrap.ca

I've got it on the black cherry - takes a minute to figure it out, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Guys.
    Check out my detailed pics and description of the ride wrap on my bike. Awesome product.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    Anybody have any experience with Shipbikes.com?
    I was quoted 210.00 and taxes/duty on-top.
    That is acceptable.
    I sold a frame on PB and shipped it to Vermont (from WA) with shipbikes as it was a fair bit cheaper than bikeflights. No issues at all for domestic shipping.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I don't think anyone mentioned how fast this bike is ... 200mm MT7s almost aren't enough! I've got 20+ medals and a bunch of PRs in about 6 rides on the new whip on trails I ride often. Strava isn't everything but it does confirm how fast this bike feels!Fugitive build ideas & plans-20190411_160925_064.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Can you run a 200mm rotor on the rear?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBguy View Post
    Can you run a 200mm rotor on the rear?
    Absolutely.
    Magura QM-42 - Fugitive LT has PM 160mm min, allows for running 203mm rotorFugitive build ideas & plans-20190331_142551.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    I don't think anyone mentioned how fast this bike is ... 200mm MT7s almost aren't enough! I've got 20+ medals and a bunch of PRs in about 6 rides on the new whip on trails I ride often. Strava isn't everything but it does confirm how fast this bike feels!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190411_160925_064.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	341.9 KB 
ID:	1248137
    Sweet dog...looks pretty fast too

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Not sure if someone already answered it before in this thread, looking for the color code for the le mans blue.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by inonjoey View Post
    Sorry for the slow reply, wanted to re measure the spacers first to make sure I wasn't giving you incorrect information.

So, I do indeed have 5mm of spacers on the DS and 2.5mm on the NDS. My crankarms are also fully seated on the spindle. However, there is very very little slack for the pre-load collar to take up (maybe a quarter turn at most). I did the install and setup with my mechanic buddy (who I trust completely) and he was happy with how everything went together, but noted that there is "just enough" space on the spindle with the preload collar and spacers.
    Ran in the same issue with the Hope cups and a RF Next R crank with the 134 spindle. I decided to use spacers between the cranks and the BB seals instead of adding the spacers that came with the BB as you did. I don't believe using the two extra spacers behind the cups would cause any issue (that's how the cups are designed to work with a 68mm or 83mm shell anyway). The issue has nothing to do with the frame itself, funny it came out on this thread.

Very impressed with the design of this bike, hopefully I'll be able to share a few pics of my fugrawalu soon.

Big shout out to Knolly and DirtMerchantBicycles for their customer support.

For those building their own Fugitive using Shimano brakes you may want to consider 2000mm hose for the rear brake, not sure if it was mentioned before.

Perpetual Hack
    Well, the Fugitive is in customs - but with a released status.....not sure if that is a good thing

I ended up shipping from Montana to Ontario using Shipbikes.com.

They charged me 260.14 US$, Unlike Bikeflights, It did not matter to them if it was worth 15K or 50 bucks - the price to ship is the price to ship. Bike left RedBarn (Thanks again Chad) on Tuesday and is scheduled to be here by 8:00pm.

Now if I could just stop watching the clock...
    Hatched in '64
    A Dirtbag since '69
    A Knomer since '07

Knolly Fugitive
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Endorphin
    Knolly Delirium

Perpetual Hack
    Big box o'parts just been delivered.

Let the build begin!
    Hatched in '64
    A Dirtbag since '69
    A Knomer since '07

Knolly Fugitive
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Endorphin
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    Big box o'parts just been delivered.

Let the build begin!
    photos!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan0103 View Post
    Not sure if someone already answered it before in this thread, looking for the color code for the le mans blue.
    Checked with my Pantone Book and found 7710 C is very close to the Le Mans Blue. Actually might be exactly that colour but will not guarantee ...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Large Fugitive LT, 160mm 36, OneUp Switch SB+ chainring, RF Next R cranks and 35 handlebars, XT 11 spd and 4 pots brakes, Hope hubs and bling (BB, headset, stem and seat collar. Chain is off because my back went into spasm for some reason while I was about to install it...

Fugitive build ideas & plans-img_3118-copy.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Nothing to see here...
    Last edited by serviceguy; 05-30-2019 at 01:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by serviceguy View Post
    Large Fugitive LT, 160mm 36, OneUp Switch SB+ chainring, RF Next R cranks and 35 handlebars, XT 11 spd and 4 pots brakes, Hope hubs and bling (BB, headset, stem and seat collar. Chain is off because my back went into spasm for some reason while I was about to install it...
    Is the back spasm also to blame for the double post? Haha, just kidding of course... couldn't pass that one up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandForLife View Post
    Is the back spasm also to blame for the double post? Haha, just kidding of course... couldn't pass that one up.
    No, I think the bike is so awesome needed to be shown twice. J/K I tried to find the delete post button but could not find it. Can a moderator take down the second post?

mtbr member
    Jan 2019

Standover on the Large

Loving the build plans and photos guys! This bike has everything I'm looking for and I've been trying to pull the trigger, but Knolly has been slow to get back to my LBS on availability.

One thing that I do slightly worry about is the standover height on the L since it's a bit on the higher side when compared to similar bikes. Has anyone had any complaints with their Fugitive and the standover height or the seat ever being in the way when its slammed down? Also will a 170 dropper fit well in the L?

-Sorry if this has been covered already, it's a long thread.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudikidd29 View Post
    Loving the build plans and photos guys! This bike has everything I'm looking for and I've been trying to pull the trigger, but Knolly has been slow to get back to my LBS on availability.

One thing that I do slightly worry about is the standover height on the L since it's a bit on the higher side when compared to similar bikes. Has anyone had any complaints with their Fugitive and the standover height or the seat ever being in the way when its slammed down? Also will a 170 dropper fit well in the L?

-Sorry if this has been covered already, it's a long thread.
    So I'm 6' on a L and the standover isn't an issue at all. The ST is actually shorter than traditionally offered on a L (18" vs 19") and I'm running the 170mm post on mine and still have ~90mm of seat post sticking out of the frame (distance between sp collar and start of seatpost stanchion on a PNW). I'd even spec a 200mm post for this reason, but I do find that having some extension is nice. Pedaling wouldn't be an option slammed! I don't know that having a seat that slammed all the way would be beneficial, fwiw...

Anyways, hopefully your LBS gets in touch and helps you get this going soon - you won't regret it one bit. This bike is killer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019

Thank you kind sir!

So I'm 6' on a L and the standover isn't an issue at all. The ST is actually shorter than traditionally offered on a L (18" vs 19") and I'm running the 170mm post on mine and still have ~90mm of seat post sticking out of the frame (distance between sp collar and start of seatpost stanchion on a PNW). I'd even spec a 200mm post for this reason, but I do find that having some extension is nice. Pedaling wouldn't be an option slammed! I don't know that having a seat that slammed all the way would be beneficial, fwiw...

Anyways, hopefully your LBS gets in touch and helps you get this going soon - you won't regret it one bit. This bike is killer.

Exactly what I was hoping to hear! I forgot to mention that I'm 6' as well so this is awesome info. Thank you kind sir!

mtbr member
    6', I'm 5'9" on a large with my 160 Revive. I could do a 170mm OneUp.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    May 2004

black cherry w/ gunmetal bits

Guys, this bike is FAST. I didn't want to love 29r, but the team @ KNOLLY really nailed the geometry and build. Their hard work in design/testing really paid off - the Fugitive rides like a dream. New tubeset? Modern geometry? Revised fourby4? YES.
    Fugitive build ideas & plans-fugitive_s-1.jpgFugitive build ideas & plans-fugitive_s-2.jpgFugitive build ideas & plans-fugitive_s-5.jpg

mtbr member
    Great pictures! Looks gorgeous!
    '04 Knolly VTach | '15 Knolly Podium | '16 Knolly Delirium | Knolly Warden

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Great pictures! Looks gorgeous!
    The Black Cherry finish looks awesome in the sun.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi all
    close to go for a used Fugitive size M frame
    Coming from a Jet 9 Carbon 2017 I'd like to understand if mounted on light mood (no weight crazyness anyway) I would stay below 30lb.
    Mounted on 120mm set-up with a FOX DPS Factory and Formula Thirtyfive. ...
    Just worried about the groupset, due to Super Boost rear a standard SRAM GX would be ok? on the rear (cassette and derailleur) i don't thik issues but for the crankset would would be needed?
    many thanks
    paolo

Robertson
    Quote Originally Posted by bertello80 View Post
    Hi all
    close to go for a used Fugitive size M frame
    Coming from a Jet 9 Carbon 2017 I'd like to understand if mounted on light mood (no weight crazyness anyway) I would stay below 30lb.
    Mounted on 120mm set-up with a FOX DPS Factory and Formula Thirtyfive. ...
    Just worried about the groupset, due to Super Boost rear a standard SRAM GX would be ok? on the rear (cassette and derailleur) i don't thik issues but for the crankset would would be needed?
    many thanks
    paolo
    For weights, try playing around a bit with the builder here: https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/bike-builder
    Weights are pretty accurate in my experience. Regular groupset is fine. For the Sram, normal cassette and derailleur are fine. Check out the previous page of this thread for lots of good info on cranks/chainrings/chainline

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    has anyone tried polishing and clearcoating their raw fugitive? also, is there any company/shop/person that does custom decals for the fugitive? I'm feeling creative haha

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrosalas7 View Post
    has anyone tried polishing and clearcoating their raw fugitive? also, is there any company/shop/person that does custom decals for the fugitive? I'm feeling creative haha
    Check out stikrd.com . They can do just about any decal you want .

mtbr member
    Guys, this bike is FAST. I didn't want to love 29r, but the team @ KNOLLY really nailed the geometry and build. Their hard work in design/testing really paid off - the Fugitive rides like a dream. New tubeset? Modern geometry? Revised fourby4? YES.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fugitive_s-1.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	412.0 KB 
ID:	1250679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fugitive_s-2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	258.6 KB 
ID:	1250681Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fugitive_s-5.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	348.1 KB 
ID:	1250683
    I really like the gunmetal with the black cherry. Very nice build.

Yup, the Fugitive is FAST. It took me a while to really warm up to it in corners vs. the Warden. After 30 rides I have to say it is an absolute blast at high speed. It has upped my climbing and tech riding too.

After today's ride, I'm thinking about a brake upgrade from M-8000 XT single pistons. (203/180) Had some O.S! moments on an extended gravity fed descent.

Cheers
    Portland Off Road Navagators

Robertson
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    I really like the gunmetal with the black cherry. Very nice build.

Yup, the Fugitive is FAST. It took me a while to really warm up to it in corners vs. the Warden. After 30 rides I have to say it is an absolute blast at high speed. It has upped my climbing and tech riding too.

After today's ride, I'm thinking about a brake upgrade from M-8000 XT single pistons. (203/180) Had some O.S! moments on an extended gravity fed descent.

Cheers
    You could always purchase the 4pot XT calipers only, leave the rest intact. Just swap the hoses over and a quick bleed. Would save you some $$$

Perpetual Hack
    Hatched in '64
    A Dirtbag since '69
    A Knomer since '07

Knolly Fugitive
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Endorphin
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I expected more out of their review. I did like a couple particular portions though:

It's not made to be the lightest or sportiest, but it'll get you to where you're going and feel sturdy as hell while doing it. Those best suited to the Fugitive might be described in the same way

Larger, heavier riders, or anyone that's hard on their gear should put it on their short-list, too

Quite accurately describes me in both cases

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    WTF...? The review just changed from a review of the ST version to a review of the LT version? I am going crazy or was the first review up about the 120mm version??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandForLife View Post
    WTF...? The review just changed from a review of the ST version to a review of the LT version? I am going crazy or was the first review up about the 120mm version??
    Nope, you're not going crazy. The review was originally of the 120mm version.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Mike probably didnt realize he was running an LT shock. Its only a 5mm stroke difference

mtbr member
    Seems like a reasonably fair review, it seems like he "gets" what the bike is about. One thing I did notice was this pic;

Looks like there's been a fair bit of rub on both stays, how are you guys finding the slightly wider rear end? My Endo has a fairly significant rub mark on the left chainstay, though as best as I can tell it isn't actually from pedalling but from my foot when coasting with the cranks horizontal (I ride right foot forward). The reviewer mentioned his calves rubbed on the rocker but didn't say anything about heels rubbing on the stays.

I rode a friends new RM Instinct around the carpark before a ride and instantly wrote it off my list of potential bikes because of how wide the seat stays were! I'm sure the Fug would be better/more elegantly designed than the RM, but the slightly wider rear is something that slightly concerns me about the Fug.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I have felt the rocker rubbing my calves a couple of times, but nothing too bad. I don't think I've have any heel rub.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I've never rubbed feet or calves. I run OneUp pedals with the big inboard bearing though. I'm sure this pushes my feet out 10mm on each side

Perpetual Hack
    Final build list:

Frame: Large Knolly Fugitive LT in Blackcherry. (135mm)
    Shock: Avalanche RS Superdeluxe RCT Coil
    Fork: Avalanche RS Yari 150mm w PUSH seals.
    Headset: CC 40
    Stem: Syntace MF2 - 40mm
    Bars: Syntace Vector 20 Carbon 780mm
    Grips: Ergon GE1 Evo
    Drivetrain: X01
    Brakes: Hayes Dominion A4
    Rotors: Hayes D series 203/180
    Pedals: One-up alloy / 9120 XTR Trail
    Saddle: SQlabs 611 Ergowave active
    Hubs: Onyx - BrassyGold
    Spokes: DTSwiss Comp
    Rims: Spank Vibrocore 350
    F.Tire: 120tpi Exo+ 3C 2.4 DHR2
    R.Tire: 60tpi Exo 2C 2.4 Rekon

It's a tank coming in at 34.1 lbs

The only thing that may change is addition of a Vorsprung Smashpot depending upon how I get along with the Avy modded 2019 air spring.

Shitty cell-phone pic - will get some proper shots and post up a couple that actually make this thing look as good in pics as in person.

Fugitive build ideas & plans-fugijustbuilt.jpg
    Hatched in '64
    A Dirtbag since '69
    A Knomer since '07

Knolly Fugitive
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Endorphin
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    sweet!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Noice ... let us know how you get along with that suspension, front and rear!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Fugitive build ideas & plans-6ac85ebe-3b8b-4312-a97e-77a2c45f72d0.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi folks.

I have [problem with Cranks - RF NExtR.
    Bought standard 73mm BSA BB and mounted with 2,5mm spacer on drive side.
    Installed spindle (136mm RF136XCSL) spindle
    There is still too much space and the whole crank is moving left to right.

Is there a chance i should use 1mm washers on each site (between bb and crank arms) ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    You have to, they should come with the crank. I have the same cranks and it came with 2 1mm spacers. Standard spacing is 134mm.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    Seems like a reasonably fair review, it seems like he "gets" what the bike is about. One thing I did notice was this pic;

Looks like there's been a fair bit of rub on both stays, how are you guys finding the slightly wider rear end? My Endo has a fairly significant rub mark on the left chainstay, though as best as I can tell it isn't actually from pedalling but from my foot when coasting with the cranks horizontal (I ride right foot forward). The reviewer mentioned his calves rubbed on the rocker but didn't say anything about heels rubbing on the stays.

I rode a friends new RM Instinct around the carpark before a ride and instantly wrote it off my list of potential bikes because of how wide the seat stays were! I'm sure the Fug would be better/more elegantly designed than the RM, but the slightly wider rear is something that slightly concerns me about the Fug.
    Another note on this... I don't seem to be getting any rub or at least none that I notice or more than I did on my previous bike.

But during my last ride I took some time to pay very close attention to where my feet were throughout a full pedal cycle a various points throughout my ride.

1. Even with my duck style, I don't rub during typical pedaling, nor it seems during hard riding using a good amount of body english).

2. I'm 5'11" with size 9.5 Giro Chamber II shoes and have the cleat slid most of the way back. I noticed that, while clipped in... it's actually impossible for my shoe to even contact that weld... it's just not far enough back. Does Levy pedal on his tip toes? Anyone else similar?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    You have to, they should come with the crank. I have the same cranks and it came with 2 1mm spacers. Standard spacing is 134mm.
    That helped.
    Still this left hand ring(eliminating loose space) seems to be on the edge of the thread.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Dream Build

Medium LT
    Fox 36 Grip2 150mm
    Fox Transfer 175mm
    XTR Der & Shifter
    XTR 9120 pedals
    SRAM XG-1190
    KMC Chain
    EE Wings Cranks
    Wolf Tooth 30t chainring
    Wolf Tooth Remote
    Magura MT Trail Carbon
    I9 Trail 270 wheels
    I9 40mm stem
    Renthal Fatbar Lite Carbon
    Fabric Scoop Carbon
    Schwalbe Magic Mary, Nobby Nic 2.35 Addix

Fugitive build ideas & plans-dsc_0152.jpg
    Fugitive build ideas & plans-dsc_0153.jpg
    Fugitive build ideas & plans-dsc_0160.jpg
    Fugitive build ideas & plans-dsc_0157.jpg
    Fugitive build ideas & plans-dsc_0168.jpg
    Fugitive build ideas & plans-dsc_0154.jpg
    Fugitive build ideas & plans-dsc_0163.jpg
    Fugitive build ideas & plans-dsc_0170.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Beautiful !

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Robertson
    Love the chain!

mtbr member
    Dream build but you got the size wrong, I need an XL!!!

Beautiful bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    One of the nicest builds Ive seen. Were you able to get a good bleed on the Maguras? I run the same calipers but switched to the trail sport master cylinders because the carbons always felt mushy.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Now I am jealous

I don't remember if I have post mine here

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/N...38/setup,38181
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build ideas & plans-s1600_dsc_1480.jpg  

Fugitive build ideas & plans-s1600_dsc_1505.jpg  

Fugitive build ideas & plans-s1600_dsc_1528.jpg  

Fugitive build ideas & plans-s1600_dsc_1484.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    did you balance the bike then run out of frame for the photos? lol

sick bike though man. Very similar to my build. I'll throw up some new pics here shortly.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have three rides on it at this point. As far as I can tell, the brakes have a good bleed. I'm coming off running Formula's for years on my SS, so anything at this point feel much better.

Robertson
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntinos P View Post
    Now I am jealous

I don't remember if I have post mine here

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/N...38/setup,38181
    Did you polish your aluminum?

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearce1475 View Post
    Did you polish your aluminum?
    Nope :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build ideas & plans-s1600_dsc_1465.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I only get to polish my aluminum when the wife isnt home

Perpetual Hack
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasR6 View Post
    I only get to polish my aluminum when the wife isnt home
    He's here all week folks.

Try the Fish, and don't forget to tip your waitress.
    Hatched in '64
    A Dirtbag since '69
    A Knomer since '07

Knolly Fugitive
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Endorphin
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Ok boys here is my updated Fugitive in all her glory

mtbr member
    Looks great! Missing a few orange bits I see.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Very Nice !

These oneup pedals are by far the best flats I ever tryed ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build ideas & plans-62223535_615351262279741_4349527386547552256_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Oh, I like this very much. I might do this as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    These oneup pedals are by far the best flats I ever tryed ;-)
    Thanks! yeah the oneups work pretty well. and the silver doesnt look as bad when the edges get banged up

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrosalas7 View Post
    Oh, I like this very much. I might do this as well.
    thanks! its not the cheapest mod in the world but looks a lot better. I've already replaced the skid plate on the bottom of the downtube as well. Next step is to try out some acetone to remove the rest of the orange

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk View Post
    Nice price. If I was in the market for a Fug I'd snap that up.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    so I changed my ribbon coil back to 150mm last week. I had changed it to 160 a month ago and really liked it for whisler and really steep lines. but for everything else I wasn't sold on in and felt it made the bike handle a lot worse.

I'm happy with 150 and it still handles steep stuff really well.

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    Hi Knolly people, I have been lurking here a bit, because the Fugitive LT is pretty awesome! I am going a different build direction most likely, but I was talking to a guy at WHITE INDUSTRIES, on the telephone today, and he said they do have a 157 rear hub option, but it is not listed on their website yet. I hope this may help someone planning on a build. I dont know if it is just endcaps, or a new hub from them, as I am in need of a 148 Boost. Good luck, cool bikes!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    X2 Setttings

Hi, Knomers! Am curious what settings people are using on their fox X2s. I'm about 200 lbs. I'm trying to get a more plush/rock eating feel. I keep lowering psi and compression, but that doesn't seem to be working. I'm tempted to go with James Doerflings Warden setup on the Knolly website, but add a couple clicks to each due to me likely weighing about 20 lbs more. Your input is appreciated!

mtbr member
    Didn't get an answer in the demo thread, so does anyone here know somewhere around the Denver area of CO where I could demo a Fugitive? We're heading to the US in September to visit my sister and I'm dead keen to ride some new bikes while I'm there.

Robertson
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage Fu View Post
    X2 Setttings

Hi, Knomers! Am curious what settings people are using on their fox X2s. I'm about 200 lbs. I'm trying to get a more plush/rock eating feel. I keep lowering psi and compression, but that doesn't seem to be working. I'm tempted to go with James Doerflings Warden setup on the Knolly website, but add a couple clicks to each due to me likely weighing about 20 lbs more. Your input is appreciated!
    Have you tried a shockwiz? Most larger bike shops have them for rent for around $50 a day, worth it in my experience

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Will You help me with DHX2 sizing for fugitive.
    Wanted switch from dpx2 but never tried spring.
    What should i remember about?

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Will You help me with DHX2 sizing for fugitive.
    Wanted switch from dpx2 but never tried spring.
    What should i remember about?
    The most important thing is to have the correct spring so to achieve the proper sag.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    First ride with ETX storia V3, I am struggling to set it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fugitive build ideas & plans-img_20190720_115750-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Storia looks aweae.
    So does any of you have some comparison between spring shocks ?
    I'm convinced to change and the first choice is DHX2 however heard it lacks some performane in beggining? Maybe Fugitive has some better options?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage Fu View Post
    X2 Setttings

how many tokens are you running? The X2 is the most rock eating air shock I've tried. It had two tokens in it at the time. I ran 3 in the X2 on my delirium. Not much for climbing/pedaling performance but it should crush descents no problem. Have you tried opening up all the compression dials and starting your settings from scratch? I find that if you go as soft as possible, its easier to find the sweet spot. The X2 also has like 20 clicks of compression. Take big swings at it. Like 4-5 clicks at a time until you go too far. then back it down

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    First ride with ETX storia V3, I am struggling to set it
    what's it doing that you dont like?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I just wanted to add another lightweight crank option to the mix for those that might be interested- cannondale hollowgram si. If I did my math right, I achieved a 55mm chainline. It took me a bit of head-scratching and perusing of old forum discussions to figure this one out, so I'd like to pay it forward. Here's my setup:

-Cannondale hollowgram si crankarms, 175mm, good deals to be had on used arms on ebay.
    -Hope 30mm stainless bb, 1x 2.5mm spacer behind driveside cup
    -One-up switch cannondale spider, AI offset
    -One-up switch 28t oval ring, will probably clear 30t oval or 32t round but I haven't verified.
    -Cannondale hollowgram 137mm spindle, working fine for now but the wider bearing spacing of the outboard bearing bb has minimal overlap with the lands on the spindle so I will probably swap out for race-face 136.5mm cinch spindle soon because it has wider bearing lands.
    -1x 2.5mm spindle spacer on driveside, 1x 5.5mm spindle spacer + 3x 0.5mm spindle shims + 1x wave washer on non-driveside.
    -race-face crank boots, size medium

This probably isn't the setup for the really big guys out there, but it should still be at least as durable as the popular carbon cranks from sram, race-face, etc.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I put the 550lbs spring (FWIW i had 500lbs on my dhx2) and it took ~ 4 rotations to have the proper sag. EXT recommends max 2.

I was very stiff, it was too bouncy, I couldn't control it..., I tried many combinations with rebound / HSC / LSC ...

I change the spring with other, 500lbs. The peculiar thing is that i had the sag i wanted after 1 & 1/4 rotation, but I haven't tried yet :-)
    (I think this will be ok)

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I put the 550lbs spring (FWIW i had 500lbs on my dhx2) and it took ~ 4 rotations to have the proper sag. EXT recommends max 4.

I was very stiff, it was too bouncy, I couldn't control it..., I tried many combinations with rebound / HSC / LSC ...

I change the spring with other, 500lbs. The peculiar thing is that i had the sag i wanted after 1 & 1/4 rotation, but I haven't tried yet :-)
    (I think this will be ok)
    Super weird. Was this the EXT branded spring? Is Andrew helping you out with setup? I just installed my storia on the delirium with a MRP 550 progressive spring. My plan is to start with all dampers wide open and go from there

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Super weird. Was this the EXT branded spring? Is Andrew helping you out with setup? I just installed my storia on the delirium with a MRP 550 progressive spring. My plan is to start with all dampers wide open and go from there
    Yes, it is weird. Both are EXT springs
    Maybe I had not proper sag with the 550 (wrong measurement).

The shock was at an evil offering. I spoke with the guys at Italy, and maybe it is not necessary for any revalving or special adjustment by them, Will see :-)

(who is Andrew?)

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Andrew Brennan is the US importer/distributor of EXT shocks. He's a really good dude. You should hit him up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Thanks but I live in Greece :-)
    I have direct contact with the EXT guys in Italy

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Ah! Sorry I just assumed you were US based.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    One of the coolest, weirdest looking, and effective changes Ive made to the Fugitive to date; Syncros Hixon IC rise 1.0 handlebar/stem combo. Im running the simulated 50mm stem version with 20mm rise. Coming from a Anvl Swage 50mm stem paired with Deity skywire 25mm bars. I was pretty taken back when I took them out of the box. I thought there was no way it contained an 800mm bar/stem but its just that light. What a testament to the engineering feats that can be accomplished these days. Im no carbon fanatic but these things are the real deal. My hand placement seemed identical to my traditional bar/stem setup. But the Hixon somehow made the bike feel like the fork was working even better than before on chunk, chatter, and somehow pulling and climbing. Im not quite sure what accomplishes this to be honest but the bike was better today than it has ever been. The view from the cockpit is quite strange. You see way more of the head tube, tire, and fork than before. The side view is also takes a bit of getting used to. The bike looks much more raked out. The only real negative I detected on my first ride was the need for a little additional steering input but once you get used to that you never think about it again.

mtbr member
    Petty funny lookn. Ive seen these . No thanks .

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Yeah the appearance is certainly different. Not for everyone Im sure. And I can certainly appreciate aesthetics but Id definitely say Im a function over form guy and these things work. So weird or not, Im sticking with them for the time being.

mtbr member
    They look interesting, but I spend a bunch of time adjusting bar roll and adjust my stem length from time to time. Having that locked in would be pretty limiting.

That said if they work for you I can see the appeal of an integrated bar/stem solution.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

Name:	IMG_3118 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	1250155
    Nice build serviceguy! I keep going back and forth between the raw and the lemans blue, but this one with the other orange accents looks sharp. My build would be very similar to yours as well. Any idea what she weighs?

And, yes, installing chains will do that to you. (One of the most frustrating parts of a bike build for me, ha ha).
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    33 pounds give or take

mtbr member
    So I'm 6' on a L and the standover isn't an issue at all. The ST is actually shorter than traditionally offered on a L (18" vs 19") and I'm running the 170mm post on mine and still have ~90mm of seat post sticking out of the frame (distance between sp collar and start of seatpost stanchion on a PNW).
    What is your inseam, Brian? I have a 150mm Fox Transfer on my large Endo and it's pretty much slammed. I'm 5'11" with 33.5" cycling inseam (32" pants inseam).

It would be awesome if I could go 170mm or longer with the dropper on the Fugitive.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    What is your inseam, Brian? I have a 150mm Fox Transfer on my large Endo and it's pretty much slammed. I'm 5'11" with 33.5" cycling inseam (32" pants inseam).

It would be awesome if I could go 170mm or longer with the dropper on the Fugitive.
    You should be able to go 170mm or longer just fine. I'm 5'10" with a not-so-long inseam (30" pants inseam), running a 150mm Reverb on my large Fug and it's about an inch out of the seat tube. This is with a Lynx DT saddle, 175mm cranks and Burgtec flats. I'm planning on swapping it out for a 175mm Transfer as soon as I can.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by burl81 View Post
    Medium LT
    Fox 36 Grip2 150mm
    Fox Transfer 175mm
    XTR Der & Shifter
    XTR 9120 pedals
    SRAM XG-1190
    KMC Chain
    EE Wings Cranks
    Wolf Tooth 30t chainring
    Wolf Tooth Remote
    Magura MT Trail Carbon
    I9 Trail 270 wheels
    I9 40mm stem
    Renthal Fatbar Lite Carbon
    Fabric Scoop Carbon
    Schwalbe Magic Mary, Nobby Nic 2.35 Addix
    Beautiful build! I've been waivering a bit on my Fugitive purchase with all these very similar carbon bikes teasing me, but this looks DIALED. Any idea on your final weight?

www.stuckinthespokes.com

All Fun Rider
    Nice price. If I was in the market for a Fug I'd snap that up.
    It's mine now build is gonna be kind of slow for my liking but I'm in no hurry as I'm doing knee physical therapy and swimming in the meantime haha. Super stoked! Coming from a Medium GG Shred Dogg that I loved but was ready for a change.
    Guerrilla Gravity Shred Dogg w/ 160mm ACS-3'd Lyrik

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pixel_nut View Post
    It's mine now build is gonna be kind of slow for my liking but I'm in no hurry as I'm doing knee physical therapy and swimming in the meantime haha. Super stoked!
    Have fun with the build and I hope your knee is feeling better soon.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    May 2010

That does look sick! I need to post my build up too. I had ridden for a few months with the DPS shock and finally got the dbCoil as well. I've only got one or two rides on the shock and want to start dialing it in. How have you adjusted and set it up?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Thanks grumble. Im pretty happy with the bike right now. The shock is pretty awesome. Not gonna lie. It was originally set up more for DH but now I have it set pretty well for both if I use the climb switch. I dont have my settings memorized but I can check and get back to you. I will say this bike responds well to small changes in the shock.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I was wondering to switch to coil on fr/rear.
    Front would be Vorsprung/ElSix but what is more important how do You feel about coil rearp part in Fugitive,worth of penny?
    In case YES than which damper?

orthonormal

You're taller than me and I was able to fit a 185mm BikeYoke Revive on a Large with 10mm to spare.

orthonormal
    Nice build serviceguy! I keep going back and forth between the raw and the lemans blue, but this one with the other orange accents looks sharp. My build would be very similar to yours as well. Any idea what she weighs?

And, yes, installing chains will do that to you. (One of the most frustrating parts of a bike build for me, ha ha).
    Raw saves 1/4 lb

mtbr member
    May 2015

I'm 6' and have long legs. Not exactly sure my inseam, but I have a 185 BikeYoke that fits extremely comfortably, but wish I would have went with a 200mm

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv7MpBHlcsx/

My bike is probably around 35-36 lbs with my build and tool/tube storage added to it. Certainly would be lighter if I picked carbon parts and wasn't running inserts.
    https://youtube.com/c/jamesstoup - Check out my racing on Youtube

All Fun Rider
    Got my Le Mans Blue used frame in the mail today...oof this thing looks nice! And it fits a full-size Fidlock bottle in front of the X2, mwahaha! Now I just need wheels, a fork, and uhh, basically everything else lol. Time to ask for a raise at work here soon

Dumb Question:

What would happen if I installed a 27.5 fork, 27.5 wheels on my Fugitive LT? Just out of curiosity is it even possible with clearances? I'm not going to do this unless it's a thing that's possible or at all recommended-- I'm in the process of parting out my GG and am just wondering if I could make it rideable in an unholy format in the interim while I pool funds for parts.
    Guerrilla Gravity Shred Dogg w/ 160mm ACS-3'd Lyrik

mtbr member
    I'm sure you could, but the BB is already reasonably low in 29er mode so depending on the terrain you ride you might find it either corners really well or pedal strikes into everything.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    I'm sure you could, but the BB is already reasonably low in 29er mode so depending on the terrain you ride you might find it either corners really well or pedal strikes into everything.
    Probably both, I pedal strike less than with my old warden, but the BB is still very low. I do love low BBs, you just get used to timing your pedaling.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Latest addition to the Fugitive, Galfer floating rotors

mtbr member
    May 2004

Good job! ANODIZED Black coming down the line!

Fugitive build ideas & plans-2019-10-10-10_36_15-2020-fugitive-lt-frame-%96-knolly-bikes-shop.jpg
    rad

orthonormal

Name:	2019-10-10 10_36_15-2020 Fugitive LT Frame  Knolly Bikes Shop.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	1285571
    rad
    Would love to see one built up with lime green ano bits and pieces.

sunday

Name:	2019-10-10 10_36_15-2020 Fugitive LT Frame  Knolly Bikes Shop.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	1285571
    rad
    Son of a monkey's uncle.

Now I might need a new Fug...

mtbr member
    Wheres carbon? Lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Damn, I had a black anno Riot and it was probably the coolest looking bike, ever...

mtbr member
    May 2017
    My LT with the last upgrade (hlins coil)

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Ninos - how do you like this suspension setup? Im looking at going this route. Im running full cane creek right now but I destroyed the shock after less than 8 months. Waiting to hear from EXT US distributor if they have a fugitive tune yet. I recently picked up an Ohlins RXF 36 unicrown fork. Sending it to them for the full M2 upgrade/rebuild. Best of both worlds hopefully.

Would like to go push rear but they dont have a shock ready for the fugitive yet and wont support the use of their current 185x55. Voids the warranty instantly. So EXT and fox are my only options.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hi!
    What I like most is the simplicity to find the fine tuning.
    There are only 4 "clicks" for the HSC, at the first is totally open, while at the 4th is almost locked. So there are practically only 3 choices for the HSC. Very easy to select what you need depending on the terrain...

Also, the feeling at the first ~ 25-35% of the travel is fantastic, it is very fast (sensitive), "reads" everything and the absorption of any vibration is amazing. No any pain to arms and shoulders after looong downhill tracks.

After the 2/3 of the travel, is totally different. Still smooth keeps excellent traction, and reminds me air fork. I had the fox 36 grip2 before.

Weight difference with fox grip2 is 185 gr. (ohlins with the white 9.7 spring)

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

another solid option

hi,

i have some time on the new TTX air so, I think we have another solid option for making even better the Fugitive ride.
    the improvement over the "basic" DPX2 performance elite is not huge but noticable. The biggest improvement for me was the medstroke support. Another great thing is the simplicity of the fine tune and the low presure (I'm 85kg and running 150 psi compared to 190 in DPX2), which should help with longevity.
    And it rides like a coil Fugitive build ideas & plans-__knolly1a.jpgFugitive build ideas & plans-__knolly3a.jpgFugitive build ideas & plans-__knolly2a.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Bilu - have you ridden a coil on the fugitive? Or any of the more plush air shocks like a Fox X2 or Cane Creek double barrel? Curious how you came to the conclusion that the Ohlins feels like a coil.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Bilu - have you ridden a coil on the fugitive? Or any of the more plush air shocks like a Fox X2 or Cane Creek double barrel? Curious how you came to the conclusion that the Ohlins feels like a coil.
    Hi,
    I have no chance to ride a coil on a Fugi.
    I have also a SC Nomad 4 and running it coil and have the comparison to the air which was originally on the bike.
    I am sure that the Fugi will ride even better with the coil but the improvements (nice midstroke support and much more traction) confirms me that the performance gap is smaller compare to my previous DPX2.
    I am sure the other more plush shocks give you the same if not better effects.
    For me this performance gain is nice and sometime I will give a try to coil

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Anyone had any luck with a touch up paint for le mans blue? Just earned a pretty nice scar that I'd like to fix up a bit if possible.

mtbr member
    Just had a CCBDA/CS serviced at SW for $153 CDN. My DBA [IL] last fall was ~$149 CDN.
    Just got the bill for my DBA(IL) service from SW. $190 CDN and it took 3 weeks turnaround. Would like to be on a rear shock that I could service myself.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    Just got the bill for my DBA(IL) service from SW. $190 CDN and it took 3 weeks turnaround. Would like to be on a rear shock that I could service myself.
    Not a lot of data points, but we have been comparing SW experiences here and everyone has been upcharged a lot for stuff during their services. Personally I've decided to stop using SW and will send my CC shocks to Vorsprung for service. I've had good experiences with VS. It's possible we all got "unlucky" and our suspension components really did need additional work above and beyond the normal service charge. It's also possible they are going out of their way to upcharge. I figure if we use VS a few times and do not get charged extra we'll have our answer.

I am in the process of buying the tools to do most of the service that I can at home on my suspension components and as I buy new components in the future I'll only buy stuff that's [relatively] easy to service at home.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345