Endo Suspension Maintenance- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Endo Suspension Maintenance

Hey Guys,

Just got my Endo score from eBay and am in the process of tearing it down, regreasing and building back up. I am happy to report that almost all the bearings are still buttery smooth with the exception of a few that I plan to regrease. I can't seem to find any posts about anyone doing this though, so I'll ask my question here. Has anyone tried to get the cover off of the lower cantilever (on the seat post)? Its got the black cover that reads: KNOLLY QUAD DRAC Bearing System. I didn't want to pry too hard and break something I'd regret.

Any other regular maintenance items I should look out for?

BC
    mtbr member
    The Quadrac bearings are the only ones I have not replaced in 4+ years. The covers should come off without too much effort as I recall. Every time I've checked them they have been smooth. Despite all the pivot locations, The Endorphin has been the lowest maintenance FS bike I've ever owned.

mtbr member
    Yea, I was surprised by how smooth everything was (with the exception of the two 608 bearings) after the bike had been clearly put through the paces.

Do you have to use a screw driver to separate the cover or should I be able to pull it off by hand?

I am coming from a SC Blur with its 8 or 10 bearing that last a year at most, so this is welcome news.

mtbr member
    I've had the same experience with my Delirium. 2+ years of riding year round in all conditions. Ridden hard and put away wet with no maintenance on the pivots whatsoever. I recently took the whole linkage apart to fine one of the bearings on the crunchy side. I pried off the seal with a sharpened spoke shot it with some brake cleaner fluid and re-greased. Now its butter again!

mtbr member
    My V-tach (first production run) is still on its original bearings - I do clean / re-pack them each winter but they are still hanging in there. So happy that Knolly uses a very high quality bearing.

mtbr member
    So, I had some more time to tear down the frame further and found another set of troubled bearings. The 3903 bearings near the bottom bracket are real gritty I don't want to replace them but I cant seem to get into the race to regrease. Do you guys pull the balls and their guide out to regrease? Has anyone had any success pulling that bearing out without damaging the frame cup?

Members who have read this thread: 0