Chilcotin and Delirium have similar A2C but have different specs on fork length- Mtbr.com
    TSC
    Buehliever

New question here. Chilcotin and Delirium have similar A2C but have different specs on fork length

The Chilcotin specs an A2C of 555mm (headset included) and a fork length of 150-170mm.

The Delirium specs an A2C of 557mm (headset included) and a fork length of 160-180mm.

- Is there a 180mm fork that makes fits that 557mm A2C on the Delirium?

- Does a 180mm fork with a longer A2C (e.g. 178mm for Marz 66--568mm--with 10mm for headset) make the Delirium feel "unbalanced"?

mtbr member
    I had a 66 on my Delirium. It did feel a little taller coming from a Totem but I got used to it after the 1st ride. I had no problem pushing it around my AM trails and even XC stuff.

Perpetual Hack
    66 and 170 Lyric here.
    66 can be a bit slow for pedally trails, where the lyric is a bit better.
    But come to going down the hill, there is no question. The 66 just feels right.

my buck-three-eighty (adjusted for inflation ) FWIW

michael
    Hatched in '64
    A Dirtbag since '69
    A Knomer since '07

Knolly Fugitive
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Endorphin
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Just built up my Delirium and threw on a 2012 Fox Vanilla 180mm and it rides beautifully. That being said, I have NO idea what it did to the spec geometry, but then again, I don't really care.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    1. Not that I know of.
    2. Nope, still balanced.

I've got Marz 66, Totem coil DH and tried the Lyrik 160.

Given that the 66 is the RC3Ti and it just has the stock spring, I tend to use it for more trail riding, and look to the totem for bigger stuff. The stock spring with my arse on it sags enough that the higher a2c doesn't matter, although it is also a lot more divey in the steeps and corners.

The totem has always felt good.

I also ran a Lyrik 160mm on there at the SRAM/Rockshox Demo Day - it was nice and very fast steering, which was great for the XC trail where the demo was. Wouldn't want it for many other trails around here though.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Thanks so much for your input. I can't say how much the knowledge and experience of the riders in Knolly forum have helped me out.

I just purchased a fork (2011) that I'm going to upgrade with Avy components.

Members who have read this thread: 0