Avalanche ,Chubbie or Woodie- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Avalanche ,Chubbie or Woodie

Just purchased a 2010 Endo and want to put an Avalanche chubbie(off my Heckler RIP) on my new ride. Should I stay with the chubbie or get the shock re done as a Woodie.
    thanks for the input and look forward to the new ride.
    kompressor

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor
    Just purchased a 2010 Endo and want to put an Avalanche chubbie(off my Heckler RIP) on my new ride. Should I stay with the chubbie or get the shock re done as a Woodie.
    thanks for the input and look forward to the new ride.

How big are you? If you are a bigger dude then I would say go with the Woodie, it is a phenomenal shock. It's on the brink of being too much shock for me on my Delirium. I'm 175 w/ out gear. The only reason I keep it because of the top end of the shock for when I hit the bigger stuff. I'm sure you know that Craig can tune it to whatever style, bike and weight you ride/are. I own Jedi and quite a few pwople I know have strayed away form the Woodie due to their weight, or lask there of, and the fact that they can't get it to fully compress no matter the size of the spring.

Can't go wrong with an Avy Suspension!
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

Pivoteer
    The Chubie will be better for more AM riding with climbing. The IFP in the Chubie adds a bit oif stiction off the top giving the shock some pro-pedal feel.

I have a DHS and the bladder system on the Woodie is sweet, but probably overkill on the Endo. Would it even fit at full compression?
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

mtbr member
    When you say would it even fit at full compression, are you meaning the shocks physical size within the frame?
    kompressor

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor
    When you say would it even fit at full compression, are you meaning the shocks physical size within the frame?
    Yes, the Woodie reservoir is HUGE.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

mtbr member
    thanks for the info- Craig, from Avalnache, said that the woodie would be the shock for the 4 bar linkage. will investigate further. Again thanks
    kompressor

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hi, sorry to chip in, i'm about 200lbs unladen, and mostly do all mountain stuff, but always persuing anything dh that is challenging. would i be better off with a woodie? i ride a nomad 2.
    cheers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pearler View Post
    Hi, sorry to chip in, i'm about 200lbs unladen, and mostly do all mountain stuff, but always persuing anything dh that is challenging. would i be better off with a woodie? i ride a nomad 2.
    cheers.

I would always recommend talking to Craig at Avavlanche. He will answer all your questions and then some.
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Cheers Dom, i have now communicated with Craig, happy days.
    I've ordered a Chubie.

thanks for your advice

%$#$*!
    Craig is great to talk to over the phone. Straight and no BS. I have a Chubie on my Endorphin, and I'm really liking it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sorry to detract from thread but as the endo is somewhat close to the new chili, how do yall feel about a chubbe on that frame?

I'm thinking that the rear increase in travel would have to be factored of course but that shouldn't pose a problem, or am i leaving something out?

mtbr member

The beauty of Avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    Sorry to detract from thread but as the endo is somewhat close to the new chili, how do yall feel about a chubbe on that frame?

I'm thinking that the rear increase in travel would have to be factored of course but that shouldn't pose a problem, or am i leaving something out?
    You can get the Chubbie or Woodie tuned for whatever you want it to feel like. If you talk to Craig long enough he'll tell you that the recent addition of the long travel air shocks will set the industry back 5 years in progressing the suspensions. So, he'll do anything to make sure that you have your shock tuned to the way you ride, your weight and your bike.

mtbr member
    Think a Woodie would fit a mediium Endo?
    kompressor

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by beefmagic View Post
    Craig is great to talk to over the phone. Straight and no BS. I have a Chubie on my Endorphin, and I'm really liking it.
    great to hear! i cant wait to get it.

cheers

Members who have read this thread: 2