Xlt Q....- Mtbr.com

Thread: Xlt Q....

I'm SUCH a square....

Xlt Q....

XLT & RS Boxxer -- good marriage or bad juju?

Checked the 'show us your Jamis!' thread, saw one with a Maverick DUC32. Wondering if the Boxxer is a good choice as well. Since I'm doing this is response to a serious injury, it's a safe assumption that I won't be testing the boxxer's limits.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Don't think it's a good match. XLT is a "trail bike". Heavy duty XC/AM/shuttle runs, etc...

The Boxxer is a bit tall which will poop on the handling a bit unless it's a U-turn model.

The 140mm Fox SC forks are a great match for the XLT. RVL would be nice. Even the Marz 55 R with 140mm travel, though it's a bit much for the XLT frame.

PIKE, oh yeah...PIKE would be fantastic.

I'm SUCH a square....
    I'm already running a 145 Nixon, and the front likes to dive. Frame has stood this for 2 years now, so I don't think the head tube is at issue.

I'm NOT freeriding, but I need to get some height up front, for my own reasons. Don't tell me spring kits, because I've spent a year trying to track one down. And I won't do an air fork.

I WOULD consider a Pike...for the Surly Instigator I was drooling over a couple weeks ago.

But unless I hear a good and real-world reason not to, I'll be doing the Boxxer.

dude
    Maybe a Boxxer Ride? That winds down to around 5" and they're also fairly cheaply had from what I've seen. I've always thought that fork was a cool "all-mountain" type of fork too.

Coil as well.

I'm SUCH a square....
    This has all become moot, now; I cyber-tripped over a spring kit for the Nixon, and a higher rise bar, to boot. Saving myself $700....

Thanks for the interest, guys....

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Good choice

Members who have read this thread: 0