XLT 2 craked, but is Jamis CS still ok?- Mtbr.com
    Singletrack Addict!!!

XLT 2 craked, but is Jamis CS still ok?

Got a weld crack, on main pivot above bb. Bike was making a annoying knock that you could hear through the frame while on compression, sent the shock to be rebuilt thinking that was the culprit, but no luck. While washing the bike I noted a slight discoloration, which turned out to be aluminum corrosion on the weld and that was it. Took bike to local dealer and it has been over a month since they sent the pictures and claim, and according to the dealer still no reply from Jamis.

I had the chain stay issue a few years back and while it took over a month to resolve the whole matter, the dealer got a response in just a couple of weeks. David Hanys was there at the time and He diligently took care of the matter. Don't know if He's still there, but is this long lapse of time normal nowadays?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayden
    is this long lapse of time normal nowadays?

Yes

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Hey Relayden,

Sorry to hear about your frame, but I have to say that there HAS to be something wrong. If your shop sent in pictures and contacted our warranty department, they would have gotten in touch with the shop, I promise you that. I suspect that the email had to have gotten lost or something.
    Do me a favor, please send me an email ([email protected]) let me know the name of the shop and I will have our warranty department contact the shop and we will get this taken care of.
    Something is very weird, because like I said, we act quickly on these things.

Thanks
    Skip
    Last edited by MTB Skippy; 11-05-2008 at 08:58 PM.
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt

Singletrack Addict!!!

Update

Sent a message to Skip as he requested and hours later received a response from the warranty dept, new frame shipped on Oct 31st, so I must be having it by the end of the week...guess I'll be rolling soon. Thanks Skip!!! Great CS is what builds a keeps customers, way to go!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

no worries!

Glad to help!

Skip
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt

mtbr member
    I just bought a Jamis Komodo.Makes me feel good to know Jamis takes care of things.Im waiting for it to get here but I think IM going to like it.

Singletrack Addict!!!
    Well got to finally pick-up the frame last saturday. Looks very nice, new rear end is more solid, nice color... Only drawback is I asked the dealer for the Headset Cups that were on my old frame, and the guy just said, the frame is no longer here... go figure. Had to reinstall the old headset which I luckily kept around, old steel cups and worn bearings, anyway There goes the Cane Creek upgrade ... Does anybody knows if the cups can be sourced alone? And yes the seatpost now is 30.9, I have an old one from a Specialized I had, but is too short, on the market for one. Overall, same ride quality, can't tell if the rear is any stiffer as the old one was quite stiff itself, seems a bit heavy though, anyone knows the actual frame weight without shock?

Kudos to Jamis for taking care of me and to Skip for the push.

I'm SUCH a square....
    Skip, you da man! You just reinforce what I already believe about Jamis -- quality AND value can be had in one package!

Two years on my XLT, and this burly frame is still asking me, "Is that all you got?" LOL! Superman should be so dependable....
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

Members who have read this thread: 0