xct3 poderings- Mtbr.com

Thread: xct3 poderings

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

xct3 poderings

This is my first post here and I apologize for the lack of an introduction.

There doesn't seem to be a ton of information out there from people who have actually ridden these bikes. I'm a mechanic at a Jamis dealership so leafing through the catalog I've already sold myself on one. Just looking to see if anyone has ridden one, preferably in northern new england. On a side note, anyone have the specs for the 24 pound interbike build?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Xct 3

I've been riding a XCT 3 for a few weeks now. I really like the bike, very stable yet carves a nice inside line as well. This bike hammers on the decents! The geo is a touch slack compared to other bikes in this category which enables the XCT to track so well on the decent. Climbs very well. I personally do not climb well but the bike offers great traction. I have been using the forks travel adjust just to weight the front wheel on the climbs. After I wear out the stock Nevegal's I'm going to try some of the new GEAX tires. I'm hearing they are really good.
    I'm running fork sag at 20mm and rear shock sag at 15mm. Rear shock rebound I run 4 clicks out from full. Fork rebound I think I'm at the halfway point....I forget at the moment.
    I have a 2008 XAM 1 which I like a lot and have been using is for all of my riding. It's a super versatile and capable bike. The XCT rides like the XAM but in a lighter weight package. Sweet!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hip

Feb 2008
    I have one...so far so good.

Members who have read this thread: 0