XAM SUSPENSION SETUPS and TIPS- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

XAM SUSPENSION SETUPS and TIPS

Hey gang, many of you have spent a lot of effort to nail your setups, I believe I'm there. Others without the knowledge will appreciate real tips from the "wild". A few I have found
    Great price on tools at Pricepoint & Jenson.
    Carry spare parts, tubes, tools, spare chain sections, zip ties,assortment of bolts especially chainring bolts [ loose one and 3 are gone before you find out] We just put a rider back on the trail after taking a spill which mangled 10 links, in the packs of 3 riders, there was enough pieces to put him back riding.
    What's you setup. Have you many anysignificant changes to your bike. Not a lot of XAM chatter, lets change this
    Last edited by dfaith; 04-15-2009 at 09:43 PM.

mtbr member
    I using Pike 456 Air U-Turn and DHX Air 5.0 on rear.

About half a year i playing with rear suspension. Searching the balance between plushness and pedaling. Gold middle in 20mm of sag, bottom out half circle from full open, 150PSI in boost valve and 7 clicks on propedal. I prefer fully open propedal in winter and fully closed in autumn and spring or when i on roads.

As for front fork. 30-35mm sag, depending on the trail. Floodgate fully open, i closing compression on steep sections and jumps and open on the downhills. Can't say what i using travel adjust a lot, only if i go on all day long epic rides with big climbs. Old XAM have a very good balance with 140mm fork for going up and down

Hope it helps.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Set up

This is what I have found works for me. I'm about 165 geared up. Running stock suspension. The Talas 65lb for sag. 8 clicks in for rebound, low speed compression 4 clicks in. DHX Air 125lb for 25% sag, 8 clicks rebound, 9 clicks in propedal ascending, out 5 downhill, booster 115lbs, bottomout adjust fully out. Maxxis High Rollers with Stans, front 25lbs rear 27lbs. Climbs awesome, really hooks up on steeps littered with rock and roots, compresses slightly on high speed corners. Appreciate tips others have.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dfaith
    This is what I have found works for me. I'm about 165 geared up. Running stock suspension. The Talas 65lb for sag. 8 clicks in for rebound, low speed compression 4 clicks in. DHX Air 125lb for 25% sag, 8 clicks rebound, 9 clicks in propedal ascending, out 5 downhill, booster 115lbs, bottomout adjust fully out. Maxxis High Rollers with Stans, front 25lbs rear 27lbs. Climbs awesome, really hooks up on steeps littered with rock and roots, compresses slightly on high speed corners. Appreciate tips others have.
    tomorrow i'll try your setup on the trail

Members who have read this thread: 0