why no full suspension 29er- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

why no full suspension 29er

Any ideas why,I see they have a full suspension 650b for 2010 but no FS29er

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    b/c Jamis doesn't have their heads up their cans trying to market something that is rediculous.

The b is brilliant.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I just don't get fs 29ers at all. I get the 29er concept of having large wheels to roll over obstacles, but I think many liberties are taken in designing fs frames based around the larger wheels and tires. Why do you think you do not see too many fs 29ers with more than 5 inches of travel?
    Also, for some reason I've been seeing many 29ers come with some skinny, lower profile rubber which seems contradictory to there purpose.
    I'm not really a 29er hater, I just think they look goofy in anything other than l, xl, and xxl size frames.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Well I hope they do well with the 650b bike I really like my 09 dragon 29er and was looking unload my fisher hifi 29er.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Don't be too quick to give up on the idea. I demo'd a few Gary Fisher's and they were great trail bikes. Rolled very fast and were still very responsive. If Jamis had one I would definitely want to check it out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    As the happy owner of a Dakota 29er, I can say that those of you who don't 'get' what 29ers are about haven't ridden one. I was all ear to ear permagrin after my first ride and plonked down the cash right then and there. There are some very good full squish frames for 29ers, and they don't really need anything more than 4 inches of travel. I've been eyeballing the Voodoo Canzo 29er for a while, and yeah, I really wish Jamis made one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Jamis 650 B / 29 fs

Hi, Rob here from Jamis Bicycles. FS 29'ers have there merits but part of our criteria was to offer a 5" travel trail bike with the benefit of the low angle of attack while bringing to market a platform that blend's the positive attributes of both the 26" wheel and 29" wheel while being able to offer a complete size range to suit riders of all statures.
    Best, Rob

Members who have read this thread: 0