parkers- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: parkers

Jan 2008

parkers

in the market for a parker just wantin to see your builds and get an idea of what to expect as far as a weight. pros and cons please too.

mtbr member
    there is some parker builds in this thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=563490

meow meow
    parkers can be built for pretty much what ever you want. mine is set in aggressive xc mode at around 32- 33 pounds, can go for 35 pounds of beefy am to 40 pounds for freeride. however you want to do it will work.

mtbr member
    i have mine currently set for fr dr and dj

the test dummy
    hears mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-evil-tree.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard
    i have mine currently set for fr dr and dj
    whats dr?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    whats dr?
    drift racing nah i think i missed the h key when i typed it sry my bad
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Mongoose Teocali all mountain
    Jamis Exile SS

meow meow
    drift racing nah i think i missed the h key when i typed it sry my bad
    hahaha drift racing sounds intense!

mtbr member
    hahaha drift racing sounds intense!
    yeah put some mini knobs on there and do a dual slalom course thats dry oooooh man that would be fun!
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

meow meow
    mini knobbies? man up and throw some hookworms on there!

mtbr member
    mini knobbies? man up and throw some hookworms on there!
    what are hook worms ?
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

meow meow
    what are hook worms ?

maxxis hookworms. just a slick tire but it comes in 2.5 which is cool.

the test dummy
    or 2.70 maxxis high rollers
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by insanitylevel9
    or 2.70 maxxis high rollers

not slick so automatic dq in drift racing.

the test dummy
    not slick so automatic dq in drift racing.
    they will tear loose if you hit the brakes on a turn
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow
    they will tear loose if you hit the brakes on a turn

its drift, not skid racing. dr has very fine subtlies man.

the test dummy
    its drift, not skid racing. dr has very fine subtlies man.
    oh ok
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    here's my Parker.

It has a Rock Shox Recon 351 w/lockout, Avid Juicy 3's w/ 7in rotors, Yeti ODI grips, IRC Trailbear tires 26X2.25.
    08 Jamis Parker
    05 Jamis Komodo

mtbr member
    this is an ever-evolving build, but as far as enjoyability, it is absolutely top notch. handles AMAZINGLY well in this trim, with a 100mm travel fork. nice and low 13.1" BB, with a 68 degree HA and a 73 degree ST angle, this thing is SO fun to ride. with the stock shock, it'll rip and shred something fierce with the right rider (I don't do the bike justice by any means), but it can still climb very very well, and with the Elka on it, it's even more of a ripper. don't have much ride time on it yet, but I'm hoping to change that in the coming weeks

Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky View Post
    My butthole would pucker and invert until I was inside-out before I got to the bottom.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyp Dawg
    this is an ever-evolving build, but as far as enjoyability, it is absolutely top notch. handles AMAZINGLY well in this trim, with a 100mm travel fork. nice and low 13.1" BB, with a 68 degree HA and a 73 degree ST angle, this thing is SO fun to ride. with the stock shock, it'll rip and shred something fierce with the right rider (I don't do the bike justice by any means), but it can still climb very very well, and with the Elka on it, it's even more of a ripper. don't have much ride time on it yet, but I'm hoping to change that in the coming weeks

nice
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

Jun 2006
    My Parker 1 rawed and with a rear shock upgrade to Fox Float R Push Tuned. Built it up for freeride/slopestyle riding

mtbr member
    I'm interested in buying this frame...do y'all think it'll hold up under a Clyde such as me on some XC/mountain trails???

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkem
    I'm interested in buying this frame...do y'all think it'll hold up under a Clyde such as me on some XC/mountain trails???
    Ya it would but if you got the whole bike not just the frame you would have to change the spring in the fork. It is very soft
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    I'm really starting to like the looks and reviews of the Parker!!! I'm thinking about getting the frame and building it up to suit my weight/size...

mtbr member
    I'm really starting to like the looks and reviews of the Parker!!! I'm thinking about getting the frame and building it up to suit my weight/size...
    go for it man its a beastly bike just need 2 swap the shock
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

meow meow
    go for it. awesome bike!

mtbr member
    I don't know if y'all have seen this but it's a hell of a deal...

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...e+2008+Oe.aspx

Well, I just became a part of the Jamis family by pulling the trigger and ordering a Parker from Jensen. Now please excuse me while I go shopping for the rest of the bike...which reminds me...any recommendations for a fork and rear shock within reason???
    Last edited by zenkem; 02-12-2010 at 08:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I purchased the same frame at the end of last year. It is paired with a Rock Shox Pike 454. I'll get some pics up when I get home from work today. The rear has the Bar 2.1 which it came from Jensons with. I'm gonna live with it for now just because I want the money to go into the rest of the bike but I am hoping to upgrade to a monarch later this year.

-Matt

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Okay, here are some pics. I haven't done much with it over the winter except get the crankset mounted but I hope to have it ready to go mid March, God and wallet willing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-dscf0353.jpg  

parkers-dscf0354.jpg  

parkers-dscf0355.jpg  

mtbr member
    Look'n good!!! I like the RS Pike's...Jenson has a good deal on 'em...I might have to get those as well...

mtbr member
    I think mine is in its final state. It started out more trail but with having a few trail bikes already it evolved a bit. She now spends her time at the skate park and dirt jumps. Ditching the RS bar is the best move you can make.
    parkers-feb-11-024.jpg

the test dummy
    I don't know if y'all have seen this but it's a hell of a deal...

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...e+2008+Oe.aspx

Well, I just became a part of the Jamis family by pulling the trigger and ordering a Parker from Jensen. Now please excuse me while I go shopping for the rest of the bike...which reminds me...any recommendations for a fork and rear shock within reason???
    i know rsullivan put a fox van r coil and thats what im doing this spring. if you want the info on it just pm me.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I was thinking about going with a Monarch. From what I have read the motion control and lockout is the same concept as the Pike. Is that a RP23, that is what I would consider if I went Fox. Overall feel I want to achieve for this bike is a do it all bulletproof bike. The Parker seemed like a good fit.

-Matt

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Here's my Large Parker. Mostly old components with upgraded RP23 and 2010 Marzocchi 44tst air.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-100_0302.jpg  

parkers-100_0308.jpg  

mtbr member
    How do you think this frame would pair up with a Rock Shox Duke? With the price for it I could build it up real cheap with the the parts bin but that is the only fork I have right now.
    1993 Barracuda A2R - 1x7 Beater
    2007 Redline Monocog 29er

mtbr member
    I'm also getting one of these from Jenson. Like the look of some of these builds, and $350 is a steal for this frame. Thinking about putting my dropped 55 on there, anyone else put this size fork on their whip?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The Pike is 95mm to 140mm. Given the range of riding I have read about people doing with a Parker I thought the adjust ability would be good. Jamis now offers the Parker II with a Lyric U turn, 115mm to 160mm. What type of riding do you plan on doing John?

On a side note, I ordered Hayes Stroker Trails, front and rear, and X-9 trigger shifters and rear derailleur today. It will be a long week waiting for the ups truck. I will still be waiting on a wheelset. Transition will not have any Revolution AMs in until March. They have 32s in stock but I think those would be overkill and a little unnecessary weight. Any thoughts on that?

mtbr member
    How do you guys feel about the Pike??? I've read a few bad reviews and now I'm not sure 'bout them...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    MTBR Reviews 4.91 out of 5

Pinkbike Also Reviews really well here. I purchased mine based on reviews but unfortunately have no ride time on mine yet so I can't give any personal feedback. I did purchase this fork based on reviews though. One thing to note is there are multiple springs and it comes with the soft. This won't work well for everyone but I think heavier springs are only around $30.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorp979
    MTBR Reviews 4.91 out of 5

Pinkbike Also Reviews really well here. I purchased mine based on reviews but unfortunately have no ride time on mine yet so I can't give any personal feedback. I did purchase this fork based on reviews though. One thing to note is there are multiple springs and it comes with the soft. This won't work well for everyone but I think heavier springs are only around $30.

Good point!!! I'm currently running a RS Toro on my GT with a heavier spring and my only complaint is oil seepage at the bottom of the fork. I've changed the seal a couple of times now and it always comes back...but the reviews I've read have been talking 'bout blowing out the top seals....

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Okay, I need some help. My parker is my first full suspension build so I have never dealt with this issue before. I got my X-9 front derailleur in this morning and started to get it mounted. The problem I am seeing is clearance between the derailleur and the pivot assembly. In order for the chain guide to line up with the smallest chainring I have to lift the derailleur about a half an inch above the chainrings. Usually I go about 3mm above the largest. What gives? It just seems like the derailleur should be able to mount much lower.

Any help appreciated,
    Matt

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Most of these posts were from over 6 months ago, anyone have any feedback based on increased ride time. also what size is the rear shock. I am thinkin of getting one of the Jenson parker 1's but from all accounts will want to change out the shock and was wondering if any of the ones i have lying around will work. What is the 'ideal' fork. The frame is so cheap i am thinkin of spendin nuff dosh on the fork. I would be using as more of an aggressive trail than a jump bike but will hopefully be hittin dirt jumps occasionally.

thanx

mtbr member
    I just bought a Parker and have been researching rear shocks. I don't know if your a Clyde like me but I found this thread pretty helpful...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=498310

mtbr member
    does the marzzochi 55 or 44 come with 20 mil thu axles might have 2 look into one for mine
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Had a lot of parts come in this week. My Parker is just about finished. All I'm waiting for is my wheelset which will be here Thursday. Parts list as follows:

'08 Jamis Parker I
    Rock Shox Pike 454 U-turn
    Sram X-9 derailleur front and rear
    Sram X-9 Trigger shifters
    Sram Cassette PG 990
    Sram PC 991 Chain
    Race Face Evolve DH Crankset
    Hayes Stroker trails front and back. 160mm both. Going to go 180 in front
    Jagwire switch derailleur cables and housing
    Easton Monkeylight DH bars
    Easton Havok stem
    Transition Revolution 32 Wheelset (Thursday!!)
    Race Face lock on grips
    Kona Jackshit peddles

Hand me down saddle and seatpost for now, haven't chosen one, (suggestions welcome).

Thanks,
    Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-dscf0415.jpg  

parkers-dscf0416.jpg  

parkers-dscf0417.jpg  

mtbr member
    SAWEEEET!!! That's the same crank I was looking at...I wanna wait until the frame shows up first before I order. How hard is it to set up a crank/BB???

mtbr member
    would like to ask a question guys, i just recently purchased a jamis parker 2 '09 model, one thing i noticed is that the rear arm pivot (the one on the chainstay tube then on top of it, has a little clearance with no sign of washers!! (still it has a sealed bearing inside)to make it stable, coz it has a play when you shake it, dont know if its really intended that way, maybe due to the previous models that they have, has an issue on this area, where in it cracked on this arm...hope you can enlighten me, thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I don't know about the play or any changes to the '09. Mine is an '08 and I have not noticed any play. I would recommend calling Jamis to see if it is a problem or if it is as intended.

Zenkem,
    Jensons has these cranksets on sale for $89. Can't beat it for that kind of money. It is a little heavy though so keep that in mind if that is a concern. I am considering taking off the current bash guard and putting on a lighter e13. Installation was easy. Built in crank remover is a nice touch.

-Matt

mtbr member
    Zenkem,
    Jensons has these cranksets on sale for $89. Can't beat it for that kind of money. It is a little heavy though so keep that in mind if that is a concern. I am considering taking off the current bash guard and putting on a lighter e13. Installation was easy. Built in crank remover is a nice touch.
    Can you tell me what size stem you have in the first set of pic's??? I'm cunfused on stem sizes and the one on my GT isn't labeled...yours looks like the one I'm looking for from what I can see in the pic...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The one on the first set of pics was just some I had lying around. They are stock off a Jamis X1. My guess is 100mm with maybe a 10 degree rise but i'm not 100% sure. What is confusing you? If you have a set you like but your not sure the size measure from the center of your headset to the center of your handlebars. 100mm is a hair over 4 inches.

mtbr member
    The one on the first set of pics was just some I had lying around. They are stock off a Jamis X1. My guess is 100mm with maybe a 10 degree rise but i'm not 100% sure. What is confusing you? If you have a set you like but your not sure the size measure from the center of your headset to the center of your handlebars. 100mm is a hair over 4 inches.
    Was'nt sure where the measurements are taken from and the degree of the stem. I just don't like to guess when it comes to spending money...THX for the info...

mtbr member
    Had a lot of parts come in this week. My Parker is just about finished. All I'm waiting for is my wheelset which will be here Thursday. Parts list as follows:

'08 Jamis Parker I
    Rock Shox Pike 454 U-turn
    Sram X-9 derailleur front and rear
    Sram X-9 Trigger shifters
    Sram Cassette PG 990
    Sram PC 991 Chain
    Race Face Evolve DH Crankset
    Hayes Stroker trails front and back. 160mm both. Going to go 180 in front
    Jagwire switch derailleur cables and housing
    Easton Monkeylight DH bars
    Easton Havok stem
    Transition Revolution 32 Wheelset (Thursday!!)
    Race Face lock on grips
    Kona Jackshit peddles

Hand me down saddle and seatpost for now, haven't chosen one, (suggestions welcome).

Thanks,
    Matt
    did you have any problems with the hose length on the trails?
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    did you have any problems with the hose length on the trails?

The stock length is a little long. Not unbearable but as you can see in the pics there is a lot of hose sticking out in the front. I need to find a source for the compression fittings and I need to order the bleed kit. Then I'll trim them up a little neater, for now there fine.

-Matt

mtbr member
    Well, my Parker (Lg/18") arrived Friday and I don't think the stand over height will be high enough for my 34" inseam....sooooo....I decided I'm going to build this frame for my 13 yr old. The look in his eye when I told him was priceless. Needless to say, it will be a much cheaper build then originally planned....

the test dummy
    Well, my Parker (Lg/18") arrived Friday and I don't think the stand over height will be high enough for my 34" inseam....sooooo....I decided I'm going to build this frame for my 13 yr old. The look in his eye when I told him was priceless. Needless to say, it will be a much cheaper build then originally planned....
    that is awesome hes gonna love it
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow

meow meow

meow meow
    ^set up for aggressive xc

Fiberfab
    Mar 2010
    I have some questions,

1. In the stock fork of the Parker, theres a spring that needs to be upgraded. What is the spring that needs to be upgraded and where can i buy one?

2. Would a Parker be a good bike to get coming from a hardtail?

Thanks.

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by Danswazek
    I have some questions,

1. In the stock fork of the Parker, theres a spring that needs to be upgraded. What is the spring that needs to be upgraded and where can i buy one?

Thanks.
    1. how heavy are you
    2. yes
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

the test dummy
    hey if any one cares i killed my rs bar and I'm putting a fox van r coil on my Parker tomorrow
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

Fiberfab
    Mar 2010
    I weight about 175 lbs

O, another thing, i'm 6 ft. Will the medium size frame be to small?

the test dummy
    I weight about 175 lbs

O, another thing, i'm 6 ft. Will the medium size frame be to small?
    wow you are The same height And weight as me and I ride a medium
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

Fiberfab
    Mar 2010
    wow you are The same height And weight as me and I ride a medium
    Ha ha. thats kinda werid lol. did you ever replace that spring?

the test dummy
    Ha ha. thats kinda werid lol. did you ever replace that spring?
    i did not replace the spring Ive hadn't had any problems with it, Ive never bottomed it out and i do like 5 foot drops all the time. this is were i ride it Ive done every thing in this video and much more with my parker no problem. i think theirs like 3 things in the hole place that i haven't done yet
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Witpwg4gEHw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&co lor2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Witpwg4gEHw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&co lor2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

Fiberfab
    Mar 2010
    Cool video. I guess i don't have to replace that spring.

meow meow
    I have some questions,

Thanks.
    1. depends how heavy you are, im 150 pounds and it works great for trail riding.

2. i came from a hardtail and love it.

btw im 6'1'' and went for a large. thats the way to go if youre mainly into trails but if you want to do some stunts size down, my parkers up there for refrence, all the major comonents are stock.

Fiberfab
    Mar 2010
    thats the way to go if youre mainly into trails but if you want to do some stunts size down
    I do trail riding but i love to do jumps. so i think ill go with the medium.

And i weight 175 lbs. insanitylevel9 said the stock spring would be fine but what do you think?

meow meow
    for me i turn the compession knob about halfway between all the way open and closed and just riding trails smoothly is all the stock spring could take without getting harsh. if i were to put through anything more extreme i would want a heavier spring for sure.

Fiberfab
    Mar 2010
    for me i turn the compession knob about halfway between all the way open and closed and just riding trails smoothly is all the stock spring could take without getting harsh. if i were to put through anything more extreme i would want a heavier spring for sure.
    ok, so i'd probably look into getting a heavier spring. Do you by any chance know were i could buy one from? And what is called in the first place?

the test dummy
    ok, so i'd probably look into getting a heavier spring. Do you by any chance know were i could buy one from? And what is called in the first place?
    go to a shop near you ask them to put a medium or heavy spring in it, and tell me how it works out i may change mine.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

Fiberfab
    Mar 2010
    ill put a heavier spring in it as soon as i actually get it. lol

the test dummy
    ill put a heavier spring in it as soon as i actually get it. lol
    well then, good luck you'll love it
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

Fiberfab
    Mar 2010
    Thanks, i appreciate it.

mtbr member

Smile Parker

hello i'm new here from memphis looking to put a picture of my parker i just got. and was wondering how to put it on here?

THX

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by dimpthepimp
    hello i'm new here from memphis looking to put a picture of my parker i just got. and was wondering how to put it on here?

THX
    scroll down a little when you click post reply and look for a clickable thats says upload images. then a box will pop up click browse pick the pic you wanna upload then click up load.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member

parkers

Here's a picture of my 2008 parker picked up and built. Just put on new tires and saddle the other week. Looking for some good weather to go riding..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-dscn0876-small-.jpg  

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by dimpthepimp
    Here's a picture of my 2008 parker picked up and built. Just put on new tires and saddle the other week. Looking for some good weather to go riding..........
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow
    just replaced the bar, just cycling through the suspension by hand i can tell its a huge upgrade. so much smoother!

mtbr member
    not sure if this has happened to anyone else but last week i snapped the chain stay weld on the non drive side under the disk brake mount and i have sent it in for a warranty claim needless to say i was very upset when it happened considering it was a JRA but i was just wondering if it broke because of braking forces or if i have been riding it too hard and need to upgrade to a downhill model from jamis if anyone else has experienced this your knowledge would help greatly thanks
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

mtbr member
    Here's my 13 year old son's Parker I just finished this past week. It ended up turning into a budget build, I figured we can upgrade as his skills progress.

I can see why this bike is so well liked. The way I look at it is...it's a MTB that feels like a BMX bike...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-mtbs-001.jpg  

parkers-mtbs-004.jpg  

parkers-mtbs-006.jpg  

Last edited by zenkem; 04-10-2010 at 02:04 PM.

mtbr member

parkers

just picked up some new bars and stem!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-dscn0882-small-.jpg  

parkers-dscn0883-small-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    so I just placed my order from jenson for a medium parker and tora fork! so pumped this is my first bike build it should be sweeeet

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by futurerocker1
    so I just placed my order from jenson for a medium parker and tora fork! so pumped this is my first bike build it should be sweeeet
    you are gonna love it
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    yeah ill be sure to get pics up but its probably going to take a few weeks to find everything I need and piece together.

Woulda bought the complete from jenson but they ran out of meds. now i'm planning on building with BB5's and at least X7. really trying to find a bargain on a wheelset for like $100ish currently

loser
    Depending on what you want for wheels, check Amazon. You can get XT hubs with WTB or RhynoLite wheels realtively cheap - $150ish.

mtbr member
    yeah ill be sure to get pics up but its probably going to take a few weeks to find everything I need and piece together.

Woulda bought the complete from jenson but they ran out of meds. now i'm planning on building with BB5's and at least X7. really trying to find a bargain on a wheelset for like $100ish currently
    Shimano XT M756 Disc Wheelset w/ Sun Rhyno Lite Rims $119.98

This is an excellent wheel set for the price...they will take any abuse you can dish out…it's the same set I have on my sons Parker (see Pic) which I've ran on my GT for the past year...

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/120...-Lite-Rims.htm
    Last edited by zenkem; 04-15-2010 at 04:15 AM.

mtbr member

jamis

i picked up some mavic 317 rims with shimano hubs for cheap. the company was wheel wharehouse...check them out!!!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    after the first 15 minutes of having it home
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-photo%5B1%5D.jpg  

the test dummy
    i dont have a pic with the upgrades on hear so hear it is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-new-shox.jpg  

my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    so, how do you like that vanilla coil?

I was offered a dhx air that will fit...I jumped on the offer (impulse buy), but now wondering if it'll fit...

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by safetybreaks
    so, how do you like that vanilla coil?

I was offered a dhx air that will fit...I jumped on the offer (impulse buy), but now wondering if it'll fit...
    Ya it will fit if you got the right size just make sure you put the shox in like mine is or it will hit the frame. Also bkul what shox did you put on your Parker I forgot to ask.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow

your giro sticker is upside down. that drives me nuts!

the test dummy
    your giro sticker is upside down. that drives me nuts!
    thanks glad my evil plan to take over the world is working.
    but really i didn't put it on, a 3 year found it in my shop on thanks giving and wanted to put it on so i just said what ever and now its there.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow

meow meow
    just thought id post an updated pic of my parker with new fsa maximus crankset (1x9 now), rs ario 3.2 rear shock, and eggbeaters. setting is my lovely dorm at uvm.

the test dummy
    just thought id post an updated pic of my parker with new fsa maximus crankset (1x9 now), rs ario 3.2 rear shock, and eggbeaters. setting is my lovely dorm at uvm.
    i got a ario 3.2 for free when my bar died how are you liking it? i haven't had the time to try it yet
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow
    lightyears better than the bar. its an old one so its like the equvilent of a monarch whatever now.

loser
    Sweet. You chain that to the bed? Didn't your mom tell you to keep your room clean and make your bed? Girls'll think you're a dirty hippie and mountain biker. Unless you live in Boulder or Vermont. Play some Beirut for me tonight!
    BTW - A 10mm bolt on in the back is definitely the way to go. I'd look around for suggestions on how to do it by converting your current hubs - if that's an option. I've been riding for a couple weeks with the bolt on, and can tell the difference. There's still a fair amount of flex in the rear end, but not nearly as much as there was with the QR.

meow meow
    yeah its locked to my roommates bed. he moved out so that were my bike resides now. and i go to uvm so no worries on the dirty hippie front. i'll try to do you proud in some root tonight.

meow meow
    oh and on the 10mm rear, im gonna hopefully be getting some better wheels this summer that are 9mm/ 10mm bolt thru.

loser
    DUDE. Dirty, stinky hippie. I went to UNH.
    This is prime root time! What are you doing on MTBR at 10:20 on a Thursday?
    I'm writing (procrastinating) a paper.

meow meow
    lol. i know. gotta finish this paper on the water crisis first. im not sure how my paper would sound if i wrote it after a night of root. okay, time to get cracking.

mtbr member
    ok guys so I'm going to have to plead ignorance on this one, as I have never had a zero stack headset. What do I need to buy to accommodate this? A zero stack headset, integrated headset? I feel like a total dumbass at the moment...

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJameson
    ok guys so I'm going to have to plead ignorance on this one, as I have never had a zero stack headset. What do I need to buy to accommodate this? A zero stack headset, integrated headset? I feel like a total dumbass at the moment...
    if your asking what head set you need you need a zero stack.
    P.S. good luck saving your whiskey
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    thanks man. I just now realized how poorly worded that was, so well done on deciphering its meaning. Still looking for my whiskey....

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I am thinking of grabbing up that maximus crankset myself, for 29 bucks at bluesky, you cant really beat it.

i will get a photo of mine up this weekend.

meow meow
    exactly where i got mine. just bear in mid its not the one pictured. it says fsa on the arm, not the gravity symbol. i'll post a pic in a second.

meow meow

meow meow
    it sill says maximus so idk, must be new old stock or something.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Here is a WTB Zero stack nice and cheap (around $15). They use sealed cartridge bearings as well. I've used several of these already from BBZ:

http://bestbikezone.com/product/wtb-inner-peace-894.htm

They are no longer made, but at that price who cares. Seam to use the same bearing as Cane Creak.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSabarese
    Here is a WTB Zero stack nice and cheap (around $15). They use sealed cartridge bearings as well. I've used several of these already from BBZ:

http://bestbikezone.com/product/wtb-inner-peace-894.htm

They are no longer made, but at that price who cares. Seam to use the same bearing as Cane Creak.
    you might want 2 check the crank bro's website they just dropped an entire line of new goodies who knows santa might come early this year and P.S. if you get a nice fork from a place like jenson or PP or even CRC they will most likely hook you up with a free headset that is usually pretty nice
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Oh ok gotcha. As long as it holds up i dont care what it has written on it haha. Are the chain rings chromo or aluminum like they say?

meow meow
    aluminum. the cromo pedal inserts are really nice. overall a sweet crankset.

meow meow
    went back to 2x9 today. there are some steep climbs im vt that were kicking my ass! threw on an lx derraluier and some 22t ring i had. need some new shifters, im thinking slx? any other suggestions that wont break the bank?

mtbr member

marz 4x?

Quote Originally Posted by RSabarese
    thanks buddy, just ordered one of these.

what are your guys' thoughts on a marz 4x?. I like the rc3 system (have it in my 888), and I will be doing a bit of jumping on this bike as well as a little gated racing. I'm a little nervous of only having 100mm up front during trail rides. I was going to put a 55r on it as I have one of those sitting around, but it is almost a pound more than the 4x and has very limited adjustments and reliability (low end '08). it is at 140mm however which is its only saving grace. Thoughts? Thanks folks.

meow meow
    id go for a pike or revalation instead. maybe even a new recon 20mm.

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJameson
    thanks buddy, just ordered one of these.

what are your guys' thoughts on a marz 4x?. I like the rc3 system (have it in my 888), and I will be doing a bit of jumping on this bike as well as a little gated racing. I'm a little nervous of only having 100mm up front during trail rides. I was going to put a 55r on it as I have one of those sitting around, but it is almost a pound more than the 4x and has very limited adjustments and reliability (low end '08). it is at 140mm however which is its only saving grace. Thoughts? Thanks folks.
    I'm like 99.9999999999% sure the max travel for a Parker is 160. some one correct me if I'm wrong. that being said id would not put that much travel on it. i agree with bkul about a pike, theirs also a great deal on jenson (ill add the link to the bottom). its also a u turn so you can crank it down to 90 if you wanted to.
    07 pike 454
    pike 426
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow
    yeah i think max travel is around 160mm but thats pushing it. the geo seems to be really dailed at 130-140mm. i wouldnt put on any more than that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim
    DUDE. Dirty, stinky hippie. I went to UNH.
    This is prime root time! What are you doing on MTBR at 10:20 on a Thursday?
    I'm writing (procrastinating) a paper.

hey big jim Im at UNH right now.. still finding more trails by the week, where did you usually ride?

loser
    You got wheels, young blood?

Where do you live?

PM me and I'll give you some ideas.

Also, if you do have wheels, check in with Wheel Power in Exeter. Excellent local bike shop. Terrific, speedy, and reasonable prices. They run shop rides and are a top notch shop.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    B-kul, you its funny. I checked the spec from jamis on the BB and it said 68x113. I get it out and its a 73x118 haha. the 113 worked but there was zero space for a chain tensioner. (i am getting the blackspire in the future). Overall the crankset feels nice and stiff. I got a slx FD of ebay for 10 bucks new, so I threw that on there to ditch the suntour.
    I will get a shot of it this afternoon.

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman00
    B-kul, you its funny. I checked the spec from jamis on the BB and it said 68x113. I get it out and its a 73x118 haha. the 113 worked but there was zero space for a chain tensioner. (i am getting the blackspire in the future). Overall the crankset feels nice and stiff. I got a slx FD of ebay for 10 bucks new, so I threw that on there to ditch the suntour.
    I will get a shot of it this afternoon.
    wait, the parker bb is 73x118? huh. i got the 68x113 fsa platinum isis bb and it worked perfect. and what do you mean there is no room for a guide? are you using the iscg tabs? i ditched the suntour deraliur with in an hour of owning the bike. for $6 the lx works outstanding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    When I replaced my cranks, it came with a 73x118 bottom bracket as well. I replaced them with some saints with a 73 setup.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

update

so a while ago I posted saying that I was working on on my first bike build, a parker. Well, the parts finally came in, and I had the time to put it all together. It turned out GREAT, so far im loving the bike. I learned a ton doing this project too, and had a blast
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-bike-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I was also wondering how much psi to pump my rear shock up to. can't seem to find a manual online

the test dummy
    so a while ago I posted saying that I was working on on my first bike build, a parker. Well, the parts finally came in, and I had the time to put it all together. It turned out GREAT, so far im loving the bike. I learned a ton doing this project too, and had a blast
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    I was also wondering how much psi to pump my rear shock up to. can't seem to find a manual online
    Try this link and pick the appropriate language. I copied it to my computer for future reference...

http://www.sram.com/en/service/rocks...D=2&subcatID=2

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    thanks zenkem that helped me out. was wondering though if I set to more sag (25% of travel as opposed to 15%) for a softer ride, am I more likely to bottom out the shock?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    That shock is pretty stiff to start but because of the lack of any type of lockout or "propedal" I wouldn't go to soft. It will kill you on the uphills. I have my Bar set to about 15% and it nots too bad.

the test dummy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-dam-.jpg  

my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow

bummer dude, but given how hard you ride and the parkers history i cant say im surprised.

the test dummy
    bummer dude, but given how hard you ride and the parkers history i cant say im surprised.
    i cant say i am either. just happened at a crappy time. i was 3 miles out in 90 degree weather, had to hike some of the nastiest trails to get back. but it didn't ruin my ride because my friend worked up the courage to do a 10 footer (it was epic might i add), and i just got my other bike and road for 4 hours. my friend says i should try to get them to give me a bam.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    man that sucks. When you got your frame did you get any manual/paperwork to go with it? (jenson frame right?) Or did you just register on their website with serial #

the test dummy
    man that sucks. When you got your frame did you get any manual/paperwork to go with it? (jenson frame right?) Or did you just register on their website with serial #
    ya i got the paper work just have to go dig it out for the warranty.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    ya i got the paper work just have to go dig it out for the warranty.

weird... I got absolutely nothing with my frame.. just a receipt. Should I be concerned?

meow meow
    youre going to try and get a bam? seems kida like overkill but idk. id think a xam would be a better choice.

the test dummy
    weird... I got absolutely nothing with my frame.. just a receipt. Should I be concerned?
    all they say you need is the proof of purchase A.K.A the receipt. so if you have that you should be golden .
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    If you're doing 10 footers on a Jamis you want a Bam. Thing is a freeride beast, albeit heavy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I will be using the iscg tabs,

mtbr member

BUMBER!!! What's the story? Did the breakage cause any carnage?

Good thing my son isn’t doing 10ft drops yet...I better find my receipt just in case.

Oh, I just saw the other thread...I'll follow it to see how Jamis honors thier warentee...I hope it all works out for you...
    Last edited by zenkem; 05-04-2010 at 12:28 AM.

mtbr member
    all they say you need is the proof of purchase A.K.A the receipt. so if you have that you should be golden .
    yeah then you get to wait for like 2 months to get it back my frame snapped in the exact spot on the other side at the weld i sent it in like at least a month ago they called last weekend and told me the frame had reached jamis for repair you have to send it to jenson first though warranty stuff and all that jazz
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

the test dummy
    yeah then you get to wait for like 2 months to get it back my frame snapped in the exact spot on the other side at the weld i sent it in like at least a month ago they called last weekend and told me the frame had reached jamis for repair you have to send it to jenson first though warranty stuff and all that jazz
    nope not from what i under stand, i emailed jamis and they said to take it to any dealer.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    nope not from what i under stand, i emailed jamis and they said to take it to any dealer.
    well if you have a dealer near you are one lucky SOB because the closest one to me is 2 hours away and with that ever growing pool of expensive flamable liquid in the gulf i dont really feel like droping money for gas when i can get it for free but good luck with it man i have to say i have been looking to upgrade there is a bike called the sanction 1.0 made by GT it looks very promising and a significant upgrade from the parker none the
    less i will be keeping the parker though
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

the test dummy
    well if you have a dealer near you are one lucky SOB because the closest one to me is 2 hours away and with that ever growing pool of expensive flamable liquid in the gulf i dont really feel like droping money for gas when i can get it for free but good luck with it man i have to say i have been looking to upgrade there is a bike called the sanction 1.0 made by GT it looks very promising and a significant upgrade from the parker none the
    less i will be keeping the parker though
    ya Ive seem them i had the i drive thing for a while totally hated it. there very heavy always squeaked handled like crap. i got mine brand new and it was still a nightmare to maintain. if i were you i would stay away from them.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    ya Ive seem them i had the i drive thing for a while totally hated it. there very heavy always squeaked handled like crap. i got mine brand new and it was still a nightmare to maintain. if i were you i would stay away from them.
    Sounds good I can't find one anyways so but I have looked into a transition bottlerocket pretty sick bike still keeping the Parker though
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

the test dummy
    Sounds good I can't find one anyways so but I have looked into a transition bottle rocket pretty sick bike still keeping the Parker though
    now that i think of it i don't think the sanction even was released in the US. the bottle rocket is a sick bike. if i were you i would look in to the sx trail as well very sick bike 2 of the people i ride with have them and there awesome.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    hey was wondering how big tires fit on the rear of a parker?

the test dummy
    im rockin 2.70 high rollers those are as big as they get before you get in to fat bike territory.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail
    I'd like to see closeup images of the swingarm clearance Clarance
    theirs a pretty good amount of space on each side, but i cant really take a pic because i busted the chain stay so it shifted over.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    i have 26X2.25's on mine with room to spare...a 2.5 might be too close for comfort
    08 Jamis Parker
    05 Jamis Komodo

the test dummy
    Mine runs closer on the non drive side and leaves only about 6mm there. Not sure if the rollers run narrow but that could explain how you're able to run a 2.7. That's a big freakin tire
    oh ya its sick just drop the pressure and it just floats over every thing. they suck for climbing though. also if its closer on one side thats a bad thing they are supposed to be centered.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

the test dummy
    I hear you. I was surprised to see it slightly off to one side but it runs straight with the seatpost and doesn't dog track at all. Not sure why that is and not really concerned either.
    if its not rubbing i wouldn't worry
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    hey so now that school is just about out ive had more time to mess around with my bike yadda yadda.. i bought a used e13 ls1 ( i think) guide from someone on a local forum and I was trying to install it. I was having trouble lining up my iscg05 tabs with the bolts.. i could get 2 in fin but could not get that third one in. after looking up some troubleshooting info I have come to think that the tab is bent. I held up a straight edge to the tabs to compare and it definitely looks like it is.

so where do I go from here.. do I just use 2 bolts for the guide? use the BB adapter and push my chainline out some? try and file a warranty claim for defective mount? This bike has gone on only 1 ride so it isn't bent from smashing it on something

btw: is a jenson frame

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    new pic with some updated parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-new001.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    hey so now that school is just about out ive had more time to mess around with my bike yadda yadda.. i bought a used e13 ls1 ( i think) guide from someone on a local forum and I was trying to install it. I was having trouble lining up my iscg05 tabs with the bolts.. i could get 2 in fin but could not get that third one in. after looking up some troubleshooting info I have come to think that the tab is bent. I held up a straight edge to the tabs to compare and it definitely looks like it is.

so where do I go from here.. do I just use 2 bolts for the guide? use the BB adapter and push my chainline out some? try and file a warranty claim for defective mount? This bike has gone on only 1 ride so it isn't bent from smashing it on something

btw: is a jenson frame
    can you post any pics? Is it possile that the guide you have is iscg old not iscg 05?

the test dummy
    hows it handle with the 160
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    can you post any pics? Is it possile that the guide you have is iscg old not iscg 05?
    no it is definitely iscg 05. ill try to get some pics up it wouldn't really show much though.

its like i can only get in 2 bolts at a time and the third just barely doesn't line up. I think im just gonna try and get a stinger or something that requires a little less alignment. my king earl cranks don't work with the ls1 for some reason either.. not enough clearance between the small ring holder things and the mount itself

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    hows it handle with the 160
    actually it's a 130 (2004 z1 Bomber FR). Handles great, kinda heavy, but stiffer with the 20mm axle set up, and buttery smooth.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    how is this bike for a freeride setup? i have a bad back but still enjoy freeriding so i know a HT is better but the FS is gonna let me walk in 10 years haha

meow meow
    Mine runs closer on the non drive side and leaves only about 6mm there. Not sure if the rollers run narrow but that could explain how you're able to run a 2.7. That's a big freakin tire
    a 2.7 highroller is close to the same size as a 2.5 kenda or conti.

meow meow
    that is the most beastly parker i have ever seen!

mtbr member
    sick rig man
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    my king earl cranks don't work with the ls1 for some reason either.. not enough clearance between the small ring holder things and the mount itself
    i bought some used Shimano Hones that the previous owner ground down the small ring mounts so it would work with a LG-1...

hope it all works out for you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    that is the most beastly parker i have ever seen!
    sick rig man
    thanks guys...it's definitely the most beastliest bike I've owned...

the test dummy
    hey who's the person selling the parker in melrose.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Parker Front Hub Compatability

hey fellow paker riders. While my parker is in the shop getting the chainstay replaced i am looking for a new fork for the beast. My concern is what is the compatibility of the front hub on the parker and is it through axle compatible?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    hey guys, I have the link to the parker specs on their website, but they only list the shock mounting torques in kg force. was wondering if anyone knew these in N*m or inch pounds. I had a squeaking coming from the shock area and thought it would be a good idea to try and grease the mounts and hardware.

thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    thanks mini that helped. seems like they weren't on that tight to begin with though...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    So, I've been putting my Parker together since early January. When I first purchased the frame, I transferred a lot of parts over from my hardtail so that I could rider her. This whole mountain bike thing seems like it's always going to be a work in progress, which is fun if your mechanically inclined, but not so good for the wallet.

Anyway, I decided it's time for some pictures to be posted on this forum. I've got most of the components the way I want them for now (I give it a week or two before something else needs to be worked on). My latest changes were swapping out the lowers on my Minute fork to 20mm TA instead of the 9mm QR. I just finished building my first wheel the other day - - changed from shimano hub to a Nukeproof Generator front 20mm TA hub.... and I'm pretty proud of my work. Thanks to some great people in the wheels/tires forum, I got help and encouragement along the way.

On that note - - I'm not usually one to say this component is the best, or this or that rocks, but I will say that there is an incredible difference with a 20mm TA fork/wheel combo. Normally, I just say anything that is that good is for the pros, and I fault rider experience (or inexperience in my case) to any problems tracking a good line though rocks and roots that are all over the New England trails. But the TA is quite amazing....I just had my first ride on it today, and I was shocked.

Enough rambling here's some pics of her (if I can figure out how to attach pics in here)....
    Last edited by mattsmc43; 05-22-2010 at 04:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Well that blows - - wrote all of that and no pictures - the files sizes are too big it says. I don't feel like taking more right now and playing with the settings in my camera. Anyone know a better way to get this pics up here?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I usually just open the files in paint and choose the resize option near the top left. Save the work and see the new properties to see if its under the max file size.
    08 Jamis Parker
    05 Jamis Komodo

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by levar012586
    I usually just open the files in paint and choose the resize option near the top left. Save the work and see the new properties to see if its under the max file size.
    or just put them on a free online server and post the link to the album.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

the test dummy
    free photo storage as ISL9 suggested
    hahahaha wow ive had that screen name since like 6th grade and ive never heard it abbreviated to that.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

the test dummy
    took you 2 years to find someone as lazy as me?

I kid
    hey ill have you know i was down graded to 2nd grade for this year. i like how you posted i kid in white so i could not see it on the forum.... but lucky i read the email first so your evil plain failed moo haha.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    you can also just open the pictures in paint and then resave them and it will cut the file size no resizing needed.. works for me at least

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Let's try this......

thanks for the help....I think I figured it out now..... I tried resizing them, but I'm using a mac, and changing the size in iPhoto doesn't do anything to the file size. I'll figure it out eventually.

Thank again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parkers-p5230115.jpg  

parkers-p5230116.jpg  

parkers-p5230117.jpg  

parkers-p5210112.jpg  

parkers-p5230119.jpg  

Last edited by mattsmc43; 05-23-2010 at 06:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsmc43
    thanks for the help....I think I figured it out now..... I tried resizing them, but I'm using a mac, and changing the size in iPhoto doesn't do anything to the file size. I'll figure it out eventually.

Thank again.

Lookin' Sharp!!!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Any one have any good suggestions on upgrades for a factory Parker2 (08) that is used for alot of downhill and jumps? The bike is down right now for the notorious brake side chain stay break but I would like to improve what is already a strong performer a bit since all of my buddies ride big ass DH specific bikes. Thanks in advance guys

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by levar012586
    here's my Parker.

It has a Rock Shox Recon 351 w/lockout, Avid Juicy 3's w/ 7in rotors, Yeti ODI grips, IRC Trailbear tires 26X2.25.
    I made a few changes. blue Jagwire derailleur cables, SRAM X.9 RD, SRAM 11-26T cassette, and SRAM X.7 shifters. I'm thinking about getting the blue Jagwire hydro kit, blue Sun Ringle Equalizer Wheelset, and a crankset (w/BB).

Anyone know if the sun ringle eq wheelset is good (they have it on jenson and pricepoint)? I want a quality hub that will feel like im floating (but on a budget). Also any suggestions on a good 2 ring crank?
    08 Jamis Parker
    05 Jamis Komodo

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

What size?

I'm thinking about ordering a Parker frame but I'm not sure about the size. I'm 5'8 and I'm planning to build it up for some gnarly trail riding. Right now I ride an small Azonic DS-1 which feels great but just a little small. Leaning towards small since I expect to be out of the saddle often.

meow meow
    more trail- medium. more huck- small.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    That's what I figured, thanks. Use the force I will.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    just got it, first full suspension rig

before

after

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Anyone have any recommendations for a rear shock with the Parker? I have a Fox Float R, but it seems to bottom out really easily. It also seems to leak air so I have to fill it up before every single ride.

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathmarauder
    Anyone have any recommendations for a rear shock with the Parker? I have a Fox Float R, but it seems to bottom out really easily. It also seems to leak air so I have to fill it up before every single ride.
    van r coil
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Where can you find that in the right size? I need 7.875X2.0 right?

the test dummy
    Where can you find that in the right size? I need 7.875X2.0 right?
    yep
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow
    i have been really pleased with the higher end rs offerings. noisy but so smooth. rs>fox imo.

the test dummy
    i have been really pleased with the higher end rs offerings. noisy but so smooth. rs>fox imo.
    you have the ario 3.2 or what ever on yours right
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

mtbr member
    would a FOX 36 be to much on a parker??? or would a better option be a RS PIKE
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

the test dummy
    if you get the 160 version then you would be fine
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

meow meow
    it would be ok if you are gonna huck it. but if your using your parker as more of a trail bike id go for a 32, pike, or rev.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    the TALAs is lighter than the domain, and you can drop it down to 100 i beleive. I think it would be just fine. I think the 36 talas and pike are around the same weight

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ok, here it is. First time I have posted a photo of it.

The domain went on last week, it was a fixed coil so I changed it to a uturn. Motion control will be added eventually.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm liking this thread.

I picked up a used 2005 XLT 2.0 frame for ~$150, and this thread is giving me some great ideas for an all-mountain setup.

No longer a hardtailkid.
    So I want a Parker for my birthday. I have pretty convinced my dad, but know I have to convince my mom. Oye. But anyways....

I am currently 15 years old (young), about 5'2 and I have a 28 1/2" inseam. I am just starting to get taller, so I don't know which size to get. For what it's worth, my dad is 5'10 and my mom is 4'11. Yes, 4'11, that's not a typo. Should I get a medium (17" seat tube) or a small (15.5" seat tube)? I am afraid that if I get the small, I will grow out of it soon. But it will be more comfortable (at least for now). If I get the medium, would it feel okay? I currently ride a 17 1/2" frame and it is about right for me. I can't imagine any reason or going smaller. My birthday is in 14 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonys
    Its still just the push of a button away...
    I am no longer a hardtailkid. 2012 Trek Remedy 9!

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailkid
    So I want a Parker for my birthday. I have pretty convinced my dad, but know I have to convince my mom. Oye. But anyways....

I am currently 15 years old (young), about 5'2 and I have a 28 1/2" inseam. I am just starting to get taller, so I don't know which size to get. For what it's worth, my dad is 5'10 and my mom is 4'11. Yes, 4'11, that's not a typo. Should I get a medium (17" seat tube) or a small (15.5" seat tube)? I am afraid that if I get the small, I will grow out of it soon. But it will be more comfortable (at least for now). If I get the medium, would it feel okay? I currently ride a 17 1/2" frame and it is about right for me. I can't imagine any reason or going smaller. My birthday is in 14 days.
    if i were you i would get a rigid 29r, but for a parker a medium would probably be fine
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0