Parker Size???- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Parker Size???

  1. #1
    novice
    Reputation: Traverse81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16

    Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Parker Size???

    hello all, i am really interested in buying a parker, however their sizing are a big confusing. I ride an 18" bike now and perfectly happy. The only parker i can get ahold of is a medium(17) will this be too small? Im 5'11'', inseam 33". I cant find a parker locally either so i cant really determine the sizes. should i just bite the bullet and get the medium or would it be too small? any input would be helpfull thanks.
    Last edited by Traverse81; 03-09-2010 at 04:55 PM.

  2. #2
    the test dummy
    Reputation: insanitylevel9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Traverse81
    hello all, i am really interested in buying a parker, however their sizing are a big confusing. I ride an 18" bike now and perfectly happy. The only parker i can get ahold of is a medium(17) will this be too small? Im 5'10'', inseam 32". I cant find a parker locally either so i cant really determine the sizes. should i just bite the bullet and get the medium or would it be too small? any input would be helpfull thanks.
    im 6 feet and i ride the medium
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zenkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    496
    The 18" (Lg) has the same stand over hight as my kids 17" Swinn MTB and for my 34" inseam it's just to small for me...

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    234
    i was actually having this same question.. in college and the deal on jenson has been literally yelling at me since i found it in like november. Im about ready to pull the trigger and get the medium but not sure on fit.. im about 5'11" 175lbs.. never bought online so nervous about it kinda

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zenkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    496
    That's where I picked mine up and figured if I couldn't use it one of my boys could. It's a nice frame and I wish it was closer to my size...

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    234
    any update on the sizing Travese81?

  7. #7
    novice
    Reputation: Traverse81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16
    Hey... so ive had my 17" parker for a couple days now. I love it. When i first sat on it, it did seem a bit smaller than i was used to. I think the Stem that comes with it helps the reach though for more of an xc style. At first i was unsure about it. When i went riding though my mind changed. It handles great and because of its smaller height it takes corners great. Ive ridden alot of bikes while searching for an upgrade like a giant trance(with all fox shox components). that bike was great but the parker feels just as good for half the price. I was blown away at what you get with this bike for the price. No regrets. While a little smaller than im used to it formed to me quickly. I didnt feel cramped up which is what i was worried about. The front shock might need stiffer springs but other than that a solid bike. for anyone 6" or more though i would definitely recommend the LARGE size. As long as i dont grow anymore id say the bike fits perfect. Im 5"11 160lbs with 33" inseam by the way. Also to each is own, i can see how some people would think its too small. It just depends what you like; slightly bigger or smaller bikes. I was a bigger bike kind of guy but this bike has changed my preferences. HOPE THIS HELPS

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/traverse81/4421218612/" title="SL370737 by Traverse81, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4421218612_a768cb222f.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="SL370737" /></a>
    Last edited by Traverse81; 03-09-2010 at 04:22 PM.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zenkem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    496
    Good to hear, I should have my build done here in a couple of weeks and look forward to seeing it on trail. I'm sure I'll give it a test ride but I've already told my son that it will be his. Who know's....I might just have to get a newer model if it works for me???

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    234
    man i just wish i could test ride one before buying, hoping the local jamis dealer has something comparable to the 08 medium

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    429
    I ordered a 17" from jenson earlier this week, got it today and dialed it in. Too bad its raining its butt off here; I am just itching to take it out.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    234
    man you must have gotten one of the last mediums just when i was about ready to buy too!

  12. #12
    novice
    Reputation: Traverse81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16
    Originally Posted by wolfman00
    I ordered a 17" from jenson earlier this week, got it today and dialed it in. Too bad its raining its butt off here; I am just itching to take it out.
    How are you liking ur parker wolfman? mines been great
    Last edited by Traverse81; 03-21-2010 at 11:29 AM.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    429
    it is awesome. I am very very happy with it, but there are some quirks- i.e.- the crankset.
    I am going to swap that out for something stronger with a bash. I kept hitting logs and sticking to them haha. I am used to gliding over them with the bash. Overall, I love it. everything is great.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Hey Guys, new to the forum and to mountain biking. That being said, I did a lot research before buying my Parker 1.0 and found several good deals on ebay, but I couldn't resist owning a new one from Jenson. I bought a medium 17" and love it, but the standover height is borderline for me as I am 5'8", but I love the bike (perhaps should have purchased the 15.5"?). Initially I liked the look of it as I used to bmx ride/race and jump freestyle (in the younger years). Very happy with it so far, but I haven't been able to do hardly any true trail riding as it's been raining and snowing too much here in Texas.

  15. #15
    novice
    Reputation: Traverse81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Parker_Feste
    Hey Guys, new to the forum and to mountain biking. That being said, I did a lot research before buying my Parker 1.0 and found several good deals on ebay, but I couldn't resist owning a new one from Jenson. I bought a medium 17" and love it, but the standover height is borderline for me as I am 5'8", but I love the bike (perhaps should have purchased the 15.5"?). Initially I liked the look of it as I used to bmx ride/race and jump freestyle (in the younger years). Very happy with it so far, but I haven't been able to do hardly any true trail riding as it's been raining and snowing too much here in Texas.
    im no expert or anything but just from what ive learned; if it you feel comfortable on it then i wouldnt worry. ive seen people with all kinds of different sizes despite what they SHOULD be riding and are happy. As long as you feel good on it and have control i wouldnt worry.

  16. #16
    novice
    Reputation: Traverse81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman00
    it is awesome. I am very very happy with it, but there are some quirks- i.e.- the crankset.
    I am going to swap that out for something stronger with a bash. I kept hitting logs and sticking to them haha. I am used to gliding over them with the bash. Overall, I love it. everything is great.
    haha cant say i have a problem with hitting logs but ya i wouldnt mind getting a bash as well... Its all desert here.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Traverse81
    im no expert or anything but just from what ive learned; if it you feel comfortable on it then i wouldnt worry. ive seen people with all kinds of different sizes despite what they SHOULD be riding and are happy. As long as you feel good on it and have control i wouldnt worry.
    My only point of concern now, after riding it a bit, is the standover height and hitting my junk if i have to dismount in a hurry and not having solid footing as I only have about an inch and a half clearance between. Don't think the smaller 15.5 version was much different though in standover height. Any advice/comments is appreciated.

    thx

  18. #18
    novice
    Reputation: Traverse81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by J_Parker_Feste
    My only point of concern now, after riding it a bit, is the standover height and hitting my junk if i have to dismount in a hurry and not having solid footing as I only have about an inch and a half clearance between. Don't think the smaller 15.5 version was much different though in standover height. Any advice/comments is appreciated.

    thx
    some padding...lol not serious. I dont know. Ya im suprised your having a problem though the standover height is not very tall. All the sizes do seem to have the same height. Theres nothing you can do if its too tall, as far as i know.... Sorry. 2 inches is usually the minimum for standover(dont quote me). All i can suggest is if it doesnt feel right get a new frame. I wouldnt worry too much though. I feel that theres no perfect guide to getting the right frame. If it feels good and you feel confident dont worry and enjoy. Just make sure its not dangerous or uncomfortable that you cant control the bike or if its going to hurt when you dismount and hit your funbag... Maybe some taller shoes(thicker soles).lol sorry i cant be much help.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.