Parker rear shock options?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Parker rear shock options?

I put together a Parker 1 from a Jenson frame. I'm having fun with it but the RS Bar is not impressing me. I have been doing more jumping and playing then trail riding.
    I'm wondering what shock upgrades you have done or wanted to do and how you like it. At a minimum I'm looking to get a Float R Pushed. Other ideas are DHX air or a Roco air. I like adjust ability. I"m running a 36 talas RC2 up front. Thanks

check your six
    Man I am in the same boat.. I own a Parker frame that I picked up from Jenson too. The Bar is not really impressing me. I do know that the shock size you/we are looking for is 7.875X2.0. I am really interested in a RP23, but they are tough to get ahold of lately.

Keep me updated in what you find out or choose.
    Thanks,
    ~Sodak
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

check your six
    lol... I was browsing the Jamis forums and realized that I replied to your old post on this. I guess everyone else is satisfied with the BAR... lol.. good luck bro.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    I impulse purchased an 07 float r last week from cambriabike.com. With 20% off it came shipped to the house for $89 bucks. The float will be sent to Push while I search out hardware. I was going to purchase a rp23 and send it to Push but we'll see how this works out first.

check your six
    Nice man. I am interested. Please let me know what you think of the float. $89 is a hell of a price, even to just give it a shot. Also, if you don't mind, could you let me know where you get the mounting hardware and what size it is. I would appreciate it. Thanks
    ~Sodak

meow meow
    i just got a parker. im using it as a trail bike so eventually i'll put a fox float on it, also intrested in the cane creek cloud 9.

(my bar sounds like a bird when it compresses too, anyone else get this?)

mtbr member
    If any of you guys need a E-13 dual ring chain guide or the stock rear shock (of a 08 Parker2) let me know. I had a Parker at one point and have this left over. Ill post pics if any of you want. Oh im in OC CA.

Later

check your six
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    (my bar sounds like a bird when it compresses too, anyone else get this?)

I get the same sound. Usually about 10 minutes into the trail. IT totally drives me nutts! I keep a small bottle of Tri-flow in my pack and dribble a few drops on the shock mid ride. It works, but it sucks that the Bar sounds like that.

mtbr member
    My hardware is coming from fox for $13 a side or $26 total. It's a 10mm bolt hole X 22.19mm wide.

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak06
    I get the same sound. Usually about 10 minutes into the trail. IT totally drives me nutts! I keep a small bottle of Tri-flow in my pack and dribble a few drops on the shock mid ride. It works, but it sucks that the Bar sounds like that.
    lol first time i was riding it and it happened i stopped and looked around for the bird because it sounded close. i did this two more times before realizing its my shock.

Members who have read this thread: 0