Parker 1 shock- Mtbr.com

Thread: Parker 1 shock

meow meow

Parker 1 shock

i have a parker 1 (08) and the bar is ok but just not quite cutting it. im really interested in the x fusion h3 because its so light weight and has gotten great reveiws (not to mention its cheap!). but the snag is it comes in 7.85 i2i and a 2.2 stroke. the bar is 7.85 i2i but has a 2 inch stroke. will .2 inches difference be ok or do i need to stick with a 2 inch stroke?

mtbr member
    I don't know that frame specifically, but an extra .2 in of stroke may end up causing the tire to hit the seat tube. What you could do is take the shock off and lower the suspension as far as it can go, and then measure the distance between the shock mounting holes. Then with some quick math you can calculate if 2.2 in of stroke is too much.

Also FYI, the Rock Shox bar eyelets are smaller than most other brands (other than manitou), and you may need to buy new mounting hardware as well.

P.S. I've got a Fox RP23 7.875 x 2.0 I'm selling for only $100 if you happen to be interested.

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolbiker
    I don't know that frame specifically, but an extra .2 in of stroke may end up causing the tire to hit the seat tube. What you could do is take the shock off and lower the suspension as far as it can go, and then measure the distance between the shock mounting holes. Then with some quick math you can calculate if 2.2 in of stroke is too much.

Also FYI, the Rock Shox bar eyelets are smaller than most other brands (other than manitou), and you may need to buy new mounting hardware as well.

P.S. I've got a Fox RP23 7.875 x 2.0 I'm selling for only $100 if you happen to be interested.
    man if only i had $100 id be all over that.

mtbr member
    i was also wondering about the options for a fox rp23 do you think a 2.2 stroke would still work?

Members who have read this thread: 0