mtbr member

My experience with jamis customer support

I just wanted to share my experience with jamis bike and their customer service.

I purchased my second jamis bike (supernova elite with sram rival 1x) about one month ago for cx racing. Since day one of me taking ownership of this bike it did not shift correctly. There was cable snag happening somewhere and neither myself or my lbs could not get this thing to shift right, even after replacing some housing and a new shifter and cable. The bike spent more time at the shop then in my possession.

Last week my lbs reached out to jamis for support. Jamis said send the bike in and they will check it out. I have one last cx race of the season one week away from the time I decided the bike needed to go back. In that weeks time my lbs shipped the bike to jamis, jamis techs/warranty support were able to diagnose the problem and fix it by running all new cable, housing and new frame tabs that the cable housing sits in, and ship the bike back to me. It was a six day turn around! That is customer service! They sent a video of the bike shifting to confirm with me they fixed the issue.

As long as the bike continues to shift properly (as it should). I will be ecstatic. I was told to contact them if the problem reoccurs or I have any issues.

Overall they were very responsive and I look forward to doing business with them in the future!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Jamis CS has always been great for me.

Most recently, my Komodo broke. It's 1 of only 2 Jamis aluminum Hardtails that aren't lifetime warranty. (I didn't know that) makes sense though because it's a freeride hardtail and gets abused.

Anyhoo...the frame was 13 years old and they still offered me a discount on a brand new frame. They didn't have to do that, but it was a very nice gesture.

slow
    Good to hear. Hopefully I don't encounter any problems with my Dragon, but it is nice to hear they are helpful if I do have issues.