Marzocchi 55 TST2 Questions....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Marzocchi 55 TST2 Questions....

Hey,

I'm debating picking up the 2008 Jamis XAM 1, which comes with a Marzocchi 55 TST2 front fork. I can't get a straight answer if this fork comes standard with 140mm of travel, or 160 mm of travel from the manufacturer. Do you have to mod the fork from 140mm to 160 mm? (I've read the spacer/washer mod for changing the TST2 settings...) If anyone could help it would be great...thanks.

Chris

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    go to the Marz. site, it may help answer your question.
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride.

Hold onto'er Cookie
    Chris,

The Marz website shows two options (the 140mm and 160mm), and it is up to the bike manufacturer as to what travel option is chosen for their production bikes. Now, the Jamis XAM1 was reviewed last month in Mountain Bike Action Magazine (got a good review by the way) and the travel on this bike IS 160mm. I peeked on the Jamis site and they seem to have made a typo by listing the fork as having ATA travel adjust...it does not, it just has the one setting...long. Of course it does have the TST lockout. I am sure you know all that, since you spoke of doing the mod job, but I just thought I'd thow it in.

I just received my 55 TST2 about a week ago (aftermarket) and it has 160mm. Personally, I have not seen one of these forks (aftermarket or on a production bike) that doesn't have 160mm of travel.

I hope this sheds a bit of light to help in your selection.

Cookie

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Cookie,

Thanks! That was the exact straightforward answer I was looking for. I appreciate it.

Chris

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie144
    Chris,

The Marz website shows two options (the 140mm and 160mm), and it is up to the bike manufacturer as to what travel option is chosen for their production bikes. Now, the Jamis XAM1 was reviewed last month in Mountain Bike Action Magazine (got a good review by the way) and the travel on this bike IS 160mm. I peeked on the Jamis site and they seem to have made a typo by listing the fork as having ATA travel adjust...it does not, it just has the one setting...long. Of course it does have the TST lockout. I am sure you know all that, since you spoke of doing the mod job, but I just thought I'd thow it in.

I just received my 55 TST2 about a week ago (aftermarket) and it has 160mm. Personally, I have not seen one of these forks (aftermarket or on a production bike) that doesn't have 160mm of travel.

I hope this sheds a bit of light to help in your selection.

Cookie
    I have the 55R and it was set at 140mm, but that is the R not the TST or ATA. CHEERS.
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0