Looking for an opinion- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Looking for an opinion

a little background. i usually am able to hit the trails about once a week and would like a nicer, lighter hardtail than what i have. i am considering going a couple of routes the first would be getting a new frame (voodoo wanga or soma groove) and fork (rs reba or similar) and transferring the rest from my current bike until i can afford to upgrade more or jensonusa.com has a great deal on a 07 dragon comp. i would like to deal locally but the price on the jamis is hard to ignore and since i have had great luck with my jamis roadie i would like to get another one. what are your guys thoughts?

https://www.jensonusa.com/store/prod...p+Bike+07.aspx

my mtbs:
    05 specialized hardrock pro

89 trek 950 singletrack ss

92 trek 950 singletrack

and jamis content while i am pic whoring:

upgraded to full 9speed ultegra

mtbr Decade+
    Nice bike, that's for sure.

But...you have three hardtails, maybe you should try the Parker they have there on sale...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie
    Nice bike, that's for sure.

But...you have three hardtails, maybe you should try the Parker they have there on sale...
    if i do the jamis or get another frame my hardrock will be sold before too long.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    If your current bike rides okay, I would not bother upgrading the frame. You should just save he money towards the purchase of the bike you really want. Especially because getting a new frame can end of being expensive because you often run into incompatability issues like derailleur clamp size, seatpost size, fork travel and fork tube length.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

Members who have read this thread: 0