Jamis warranty - anyone home???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Jamis warranty - Thanks Jamis!

EDIT - The frame is being replaced and he'll be back on the trail soon. Thanks Jamis!

ORIGINAL POST -

A riding buddy of mine (who isn't active on forums) cracked his Dakar XCT where the top tube meets the seat tube. He's a 50 year old "wheels on the ground" kind of rider and tends to walk around anything technical so the bike was not abused. He bought it new and it was a year and a half old when it cracked. He immediately took it to his shop and they photographed it and submitted all of the info to the warranty department at Jamis. That was 4 MONTHS ago. He has been checking with his shop weekly and they haven't heard a peep from Jamis. Is this normal customer service from Jamis? How long should a warranty take?

He's been riding a total POS hardtail all summer. He got his broken XCT back from the shop and tried to weld repair it. It's really ghetto and I'm afraid he's going to get hurt when (not if) the tube shears off. This guy doesn't have a ton of money and it'a bummer that he finally bought a new bike only to have it fail. Bikes break, it happens, but I don't understand the absolute silence from Jamis. Totally unacceptable.

Anyone have advice on what he should do next? His shop is supporting his claim but has stopped selling Jamis bikes so maybe they are being ignored? What should he do?
    Last edited by Joe Mama; 09-11-2015 at 11:12 AM. Reason: updated info

mtbr member
    Jamis is active on the forums and also very responsive in my dealings with them. To me it sounds like your dealer may not pushing hard or at all as they have always responded within a day or so. Here is the contact info from my manual, give them a ring as that is way too long...

This off the back of my owner's manual.

P.O. BOX 100
    Northvale, NJ 07647

Tel: (201) 768-9050
    Fax: (201) 768-9520

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post
    A riding buddy of mine (who isn't active on forums) cracked his Dakar XCT where the top tube meets the seat tube. He's a 50 year old "wheels on the ground" kind of rider and tends to walk around anything technical so the bike was not abused. He bought it new and it was a year and a half old when it cracked. He immediately took it to his shop and they photographed it and submitted all of the info to the warranty department at Jamis. That was 4 MONTHS ago. He has been checking with his shop weekly and they haven't heard a peep from Jamis. Is this normal customer service from Jamis? How long should a warranty take?

He's been riding a total POS hardtail all summer. He got his broken XCT back from the shop and tried to weld repair it. It's really ghetto and I'm afraid he's going to get hurt when (not if) the tube shears off. This guy doesn't have a ton of money and it'a bummer that he finally bought a new bike only to have it fail. Bikes break, it happens, but I don't understand the absolute silence from Jamis. Totally unacceptable.

Anyone have advice on what he should do next? His shop is supporting his claim but has stopped selling Jamis bikes so maybe they are being ignored? What should he do?
    I broke mine 3 times and it was fixed in under 2 weeks each time by Jamis, I'd be all over the shop if I was your bud as Jamis has always been responsive w my frame issues, do a forum search you should be able to l cate a Jamis guy on here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the info. I've been telling him to press his shop more and he says he's there in person once a week asking about it.

Does anyone have the contact info for the Jamis representative in Southern California (San Diego)?

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hi,

Please PM us the retailer you are working through and we will look into the claim.

-JAMIS BIKES

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks! Will do.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just sent all the info. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just talked to my buddy and Jamis is hooking him up with a replacement frame. He's actually being upgraded from aluminum to carbon and he's stoked. Apparently his shop had been sending the info to the wrong emails address, which explains the lack of response. The frame should be here in a week and his shop is going to reassemble with his parts. He'll be back on his Jamis for our weekly ride soon!

Thanks!!