Jamis Dakar Bam- Mtbr.com

Thread: Jamis Dakar Bam

I party.
    Sep 2007

Smile Jamis Dakar Bam

So, here is the story. About a year ago, I bought a new diablo 1.0 from jensonusa. After gaining some confidence and skill, I started going big, and low and behold, the frame started to crack. Two cracked Diablo frames later (thanks Jamis warranty!) I was ready to get a new bike, but wanted to give Jamis another chance. Fortunately, the new Bam had just come out, so I decided to upgrade. Here it is!

With the old 200mm fork:

With the new 66rc3 I just bought today:

bikes:
    White Transition Blindside
    Yellow Transition ToP

freeride jerk
    sick ride bro... i like it with the 888 on it as well.
    heres my current rig....06 diablo 2.0

SHANTY

I party.
    Sep 2007
    well.. I just broke the Bam. less than a month, and I snapped BOTH chainstays right in half. Wonderful.
    bikes:
    Yellow Transition ToP

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm no expert on this type of riding or these bikes....but I'd say you need to calm down and take it a little easier on the bikes. I don't even see how you could break three frames. That's a little insane. I hope for your safety you either find a frame that is strong enough for you or you calm down a bit and not huck yourself off of those 20 foot drops of whatever it is you're doing.

I probably sound like a jerk here.....but Jamis makes nice bikes. If you had cracked one frame then I would say you got a bad one....but you've ruined three. I think it's more on you now than on Jamis.

I party.
    Sep 2007
    I don't know, I have read a few posts about broken Parkers too, and my friend, someone smaller than me, managed to also crack two Diablo frames. There is no doubt that Jamis designs great bikes, I liked all of the bikes I have ridden with them, but, I get the feeling that the quality, at least for some of the bikes they make that involve more than simple trail riding, is lacking at the production stage. The company themselves are pretty reasonable, sending me replacements each time. Would I recommend Jamis to another rider? Certainly. Would I recommend Jamis to another downhiller/freerider? Possibly not.
    bikes:
    Yellow Transition ToP

Oct 2005
    I dunno, it appears this could be a case of using something too light for the riding, and then relying on the warranty as part of the deal, and not as something you could possibly use.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm getting ready to send back my 3rd Jamis. All 3 are QC issues too. Disappointing.

Members who have read this thread: 0