Jamis broken frames- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Jamis broken frames

wow it looks like alot of people brake their Jamis frames!!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...87789#poststop

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    you know, this seems like trolling, but, i'll bite.

Yes, jamis has had breakage issues with past stays. Yes, i had seen a broken parker stay. NO, i haven't seen it break there.

YES they are very good to deal with for warranty.

I'm more then happy with my '07 XAM

mtbr member

The truth is not trolling

No trolling here. I own a Jamis XCR pro from 2007 and love it. I would consider a Jamis bike when I buy another bike. That said I was amazed at the size of the Jamis broken frame thread and felt it should be posted here. There seems to be an issue with their Parker frames and if you read the whole thread Jamis is great about replacement frames.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    If the frames brake as long as the company stands bye there product and get you a replacement in a timely fashion then there good in my book. I used to have a 2005 Jamis XLT frame and i broke it. Jamis sent me a new one with in 36 hours. More then i can say for Haro lately. I should have never gotten rid of that jamis. I had a 05 and they sent me a 07 to replace it. Haro has taken almost two months to get my frame back to me. Just my two cents.
    Mike G.

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    I broke a chainstay replaced it. I also cracked the headtube and Jamis sent a complete new frame. The old frame was a 2003 with Horst link and the replacement was a 2006(?) with 4-bar. While waiting on the replacement frame I just decided to get a Titus.
    i ride bikes

Ride, Sleep, Work
    I rode a Dakar XC Pro for 2 years and broke the frame 3 weeks before a big race. I had the repalcement frame within 3 days no questions asked. I call my shop on the way back from an endurance race (which I won), that I noticed the frame had a crack after I finished. They called Jamis the next day (ie Monday) and I had my new frame on Thursday. So, riding my mtb by Friday afternoon.
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110

Members who have read this thread: 0