Issues with Jamis customer service- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2017

Issues with Jamis customer service

I have a Jamis, just under 5 years old with a cracked frame (triangle). Based on what I know and my LBS, it should still be under warranty. Originally they were going to replace it but apparently the gentleman who was dealing with it left Jamis. Now Jamis will not respond to my LBS or emails I have sent. This has been going on for 3 months now. Has anyone else had issues with Jamis? Anyone know someone I could contact to help resolve this issue? Its frustrating and not being able to ride is driving me crazy! Thanks for any help!

mtbr member
    201-768-9050
    Ask to speak with Bill Guild. He runs there warranty department. Good luck.
    "In dog beers......... I only had one"

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator

Avoid Jamis...seriously

Good luck, even reaching Bill. It seems like everybody at Jamis is on summer vacation....

I went thru the same exact issue with my old, cracked 2007 Dakar XC, in 2009. I ended-up eating the loss, and went with a 2010 Giant Anthem X2.

Don't let a company fail to stand beside their product. Break-out the Credit Card, beg, borrow or even steal(sic)... you gotta ride!!!
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

fRIDEday makes me happy!
    I had a difficult time with a rear triangle replacement. It took way too long which was also in part due to the shop dropping the ball. In the end I did get a replacement that was nothing like the original but did work. I like their bikes but customer service could be better. Stick with it and hopefully they will make it right.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Thanks for the replies, I was able to get ahold of a gentleman (not Bill) and seem to have gotten the ball rolling. They had my claim and he didn't understand why it wasn't being taken care of. I will keep you updated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Well, the saga continues. After talking with a warranty agent last week, I thought progress was being made. Haven't heard back from Jamis even after calling and leaving several messages now. This is extremely disappointing especially after reading another thread about Felt and Trek bikes and their warranties!

I'd move on, seriously. A reputable LBS dealer should be able to get everything done expeditiously. If not - then you have abandon all faith/hope in the Jamis brand. Begin shopping for the new bike....
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

Rod
    mtbr member
    Any update?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    So I got hold of a customer service agent today, again me calling not them calling me. My frame is backordered and they are not sure when one will be available. He did offer me 45% off any bike. I believe that is the route I am going to go but I do have some time to think about it. Would have been nice if they would have told me that 3 months ago!

Quote Originally Posted by SteetDog View Post
    So I got hold of a customer service agent today, again me calling not them calling me. My frame is backordered and they are not sure when one will be available. He did offer me 45% off any bike. I believe that is the route I am going to go but I do have some time to think about it. Would have been nice if they would have told me that 3 months ago!
    Get 45% off the new bike, without even riding it - immediately part it all out and sell the frame as NEW, on eBay. You'll have the best chance of receiving "full market value," easily PROFIT and never have to deal with this brand ever again. With cash in-hand, now get the bike of your dreams... with a real warranty = WIN...

Co Springs
    Bummer to have those issues but 45% off sounds like a fair deal.
    Move on it right away.... as you've seen, a few days delay can foul things up and they forget who your are and what they promised.

They have a lot of well rated bikes and many hit the value sweet spots. I was very close to going Jamis a few months ago but not much local support or dealers here kind of shied me away.

Good luck.
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again. :madman: