How do you measure the frame for size??- Mtbr.com

Sep 2008

How do you measure the frame for size??

How does Jamis come up with their size. Is it measured from the center of bottom bracket to the seat clamp or center of bb to top tube? Or just how is measured? I am trying to figure out exactly what my is. There are 2 stamps on the bottom of the bb, one is the serial # but the other is 'A818-N' . Is that the model # and perhaps the frame is an 18". Mine measures 19" from the center of bb to the seat clamp though. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Brett

ZombieFood
    Sep 2008

frame size

I hope this helps you. I went to the garage and I just measured my sons Trail X 3.0 and the stickers says 15.5" . I measured center of bottom bracket to top of seat tube and it was exactly 15.5". I guess they measure all frames the same but can certainly be wrong.

edited for correction as pointed out by chelboed
    Last edited by ZombieFood; 10-13-2008 at 07:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    It's actually center of the BB to the top of the seat tube. The seat post can be any number of lengths per given frame.

Measuring the seat tube length is a good way, but most people say go off the top tube length...or even the ETT length.

ZombieFood
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chelboed
    It's actually center of the BB to the top of the seat tube. The seat post can be any number of lengths per given frame.

Measuring the seat tube length is a good way, but most people say go off the top tube length...or even the ETT length.

thanks I meant seat tube but fudged it up.

Members who have read this thread: 0