front derailleur and crankset, 2008 parker 1,- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

front derailleur and crankset, 2008 parker 1,

I have to change a few things on my parker. (I just got it too) first thing is the front derailer. I picked up another deore 530 (have one on my komodo, snappy and cheap). The thing is top swing and from how the furrels are laid out on the seat tube- it looks like a top swing might give me an issue. Do I have to use a bottom swing? If anyone has used a top swing let me know.

Second thing- the crankset. I am kinda scared of it, cant lie. I read somewhere the chainline is 48mm for the parker frame? I was looking at jenson's deals on the evolve dh, and I may go with that one, but I want to find something alittle bit lighter. Ideas?
    I had also considered the ride XC version with a bash but am not sure how much I could put them through.

Any suggestions or ideas would be fantastic,
    -Matt
    Last edited by wolfman00; 03-23-2010 at 01:35 PM.

meow meow
    i think i replaced the stock derallieruer with a lx top swing. worked fine but i went 1x9 so thats that. why are you scared of the crankset? it has held up very well for me, i dont thrash it but i do bang it on alot of rocks.

the test dummy
    i didn't kill mine yet, but i think a better way to spend the money is upgrading the rear shox.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

Members who have read this thread: 0