fox dhx air on a parker- Mtbr.com
    the test dummy

fox dhx air on a parker

does any one see problems putting a dhx air on a parker? i was wondering if it would even fit with the piggy back thing? only reason i ask is because the rock shox bar it came with kinda sucks and i wanna put some thing better on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    I think it would fit. Anything would be in improvement over the Bar. I found a new OE float r for cheep and sent it to Push to be set up for my Parker. The new shock totaled out to be about a $300 investment with hardware but I could not be happier.

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by murd
    I think it would fit. Anything would be in improvement over the Bar. I found a new OE float r for cheep and sent it to Push to be set up for my Parker. The new shock totaled out to be about a $300 investment with hardware but I could not be happier.
    nice, the bar is good but my last bike had a fox shock and it was way better so im kinda spoiled.
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Here is a pick of my Parker with a Fox Van R Coil w/piggyback. Fit no problem... feels like a big comfy couch compared to the RS Bar that came on it

mtbr member
    so you basicly took the bar off and slapped the DHX on with no extra mods to the mounting hardware or geometry?

mtbr member
    as far as the Van R shock yes called Fox up for the correct bushings and sleeves for the parker and just mounted it on. No mods made....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsullivan
    as far as the Van R shock yes called Fox up for the correct bushings and sleeves for the parker and just mounted it on. No mods made....
    so this is what i need to pull the trigger on and what stroke and length? http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Shock+10.aspx

mtbr member
    I did the 7.875 I to I 2" stroke coil # subject to rider weight and style Hope that helps

A Enigma wrapped in Bacon
    I did the 7.875 I to I 2" stroke coil # subject to rider weight and style Hope that helps
    how much does the spring really affect the performance of the shock though would a larger spring be required for bigger hits?

mtbr member
    I don't know if a longer spring would affect anything, but looking at my shock I guess I added a 500# 2.5in spring I don't have any issues bottoming out and I weigh 225#

mtbr member
    i weigh around 151 lbs so like maybe 400 or a 450 and i dont think its the length i think its the gauge i submited this on the shock and suspension forums think that might get me an answer hopefully

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard
    so you basicly took the bar off and slapped the DHX on with no extra mods to the mounting hardware or geometry?
    no, i just wanted to know if i could do it
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by insanitylevel9
    no, i just wanted to know if i could do it
    no i do not think you can do it with the DHX but the VAN R coil looks to be the solution

the test dummy
    Here is a pick of my Parker with a Fox Van R Coil w/piggyback. Fit no problem... feels like a big comfy couch compared to the RS Bar that came on it
    what size van do you have on that? im 160 pounds what spring weight should i get?
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    I did the 7.875 I to I 2" stroke with a 500# spring which is less than when I had this shock on my Kona Dwag. That had a 650# spring to keep the sag the right distance. Probably due to a different leverage design. I would venture to guess 300-350# would work for you.

mtbr member
    I did the 7.875 I to I 2" stroke with a 500# spring which is less than when I had this shock on my Kona Dwag. That had a 650# spring to keep the sag the right distance. Probably due to a different leverage design. I would venture to guess 300-350# would work for you.
    scweet thanks for the help

mtbr member
    what kind of hardware did it need to be put on?
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Mongoose Teocali all mountain
    Jamis Exile SS

mtbr member

I called Fox....

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard
    what kind of hardware did it need to be put on?
    and told them what shock I had and what frame I was putting it on. They hooked me up with the Bushings and caps needed to fit. You will have to order for both ends as they sell them seperate. It was like 13.00 per end plus shipping. They were pretty quick on getting them out. After that you use the current bolts that are in your frame to mount the shock and all is good. Just remember to put the piggyback on the bottom side or it will hit the frame under compression. Hope that helps

mtbr member
    and told them what shock I had and what frame I was putting it on. They hooked me up with the Bushings and caps needed to fit. You will have to order for both ends as they sell them seperate. It was like 13.00 per end plus shipping. They were pretty quick on getting them out. After that you use the current bolts that are in your frame to mount the shock and all is good. Just remember to put the piggyback on the bottom side or it will hit the frame under compression. Hope that helps
    cool thanks
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

meow meow
    are you getting a van or a dhx air? imo the air would kinda be overkill, you really dont need that much shock. at most i would be the van.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    are you getting a van or a dhx air? imo the air would kinda be overkill, you really dont need that much shock. at most i would be the van.
    yes i have the VAN in my sights
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Jamis Exile SS

mtbr member
    the computer im on now is having trouble uploading the pics
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER