Dragon 29 plus- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dragon 29 plus

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Dragon 29 plus

Being foresightful enough to count among the first big promoters of 650b, it's interesting how Jamis remains completely absent from the legitimate and varied fat tire trend(s) so far. If only they would make up for that by skipping right to the 29+ concept, which seems to be keeping not only the custom builders busy these days.

At this point, instead of the recently redesigned Dragons, I would rather see a (rigid) Dragon 29+ (think entry level Niner ROS 9 Plus, if you will), or at least a 29+ ready frameset.
    Last edited by nimm_zwei; 12-18-2014 at 04:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nimm_zwei View Post
    Being foresightful enough to count among the first big promoters of 650b, it's interesting how Jamis remains completely absent from the legitimate and varied fat tire trend(s) so far. If only they would make up for that by skipping right to the 29+ concept, which seems to be keeping not only the custom builders busy these days.

At this point, instead of the recently redesigned Dragons, I would rather see a (rigid) Dragon 29+ (think entry level Niner ROS 9 Plus, if you will), or at least a 29+ ready frameset.
    I would love to see this. I wish more brands would use Reynolds 853 steel. I'm holding out for the right 29+ bike. Maybe Jamis steps up and delivers.

mtbr member
    A 29+ Dragon would be very exciting. I'd also be on board with the rigid fork
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Jamis just introduced the Dragonslayer. It's not the 29+ that we discussed but it is a 27+. This is a bike I absolutely have to check out. I'm still enjoying my 2011 Dragon Sport which I've used from a tradition XC bike to a balloon tired beach cruiser. A 27+ steel trail hardtail would be a great way to compliment that bike.

Jamis debuts the Dragonslayer 27+
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Exactly my sentiment. Not a 29+ (although there almost seems to be clearance for 29+ rubber too), but the 27+ choice is more than convincing. In fact, within the onslaught of “plusness“ comming from the Sea Otter, Jamis stole the show, if you ask me. I shall still wait whether the 29+ Dragon will happen, but I'm definitely warming up to the idea of permanently converting my (greatly enjoyed) 2012 Dragon Sport to a commuter.

Times are pretty fast. You go to bed thinking it’ll take 2-3 years before the Plus goes mainstream, then you wake up and the “Industry“ almost behaves like 2“-ish tire never existed.

Sea Otter ? Day 1 ? B-Plus or Baby Fat | FAT-BIKE.COM

mtbr member
    The one thing I'm curious about is the fork. Pretty much every other 27+/29+ were using the new Manitou Magnum fork. The picture of the Dragonslayer has what looks to be a new Fox Float 34. Strange that there hasn't been much press on that fork. Usually when Fox releases anything it's big news.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey GOTA,

There was some coverage towards the beginning of March, but with the flood of more info it seemed to get buried. Here is a BikeRumor post on it: New 2016 Fox 34 FLOAT 27.5+ goes wide to fit plus-sized mountain bike tires!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
    Hey GOTA,

There was some coverage towards the beginning of March, but with the flood of more info it seemed to get buried. Here is a BikeRumor post on it: New 2016 Fox 34 FLOAT 27.5+ goes wide to fit plus-sized mountain bike tires!
    Thanks VoR. I did miss that with everything else going on. Honestly it drives me crazy that these companies release a new product and come up with useless things like a teaser trailer. It took months to get any real information on the Jamis Renegade road adventure bike. I have feeling were in for something similar with this one.
    He who dares....wins!