Def con- Mtbr.com

Thread: Def con

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Def con

Anybody rode one of these yet?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i see it must be no-one after 3 weeks and no response... VitalMTB has 1 in for their test sessions and they start to release their reviews tomorrow...

I believe the Bike Bible also have a review to be released soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hi Guys,

Defcon's just arrived at our warehouses last week, so more ride reports will likely be available shortly. Quite a few publications have tested them this year and should have reports as well.

Best,
    JAMIS BIKES

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I was just about to order one then i read a review thats pointed out the chassis lacked stiffness and rear end flex was evident. My local shop would have to order one in so theres no test riding prior to purchase. Frame and rear end looks super beefy can you verify or nullify this issue?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Jamis demo guy here - I have been demoing this bike since July and I have not heard one person say this bike was flexy. In fact, just the opposite! The only place I've heard this feedback is from the recent article you are mentioning from Bike Mag. I have noticed that the Vittoria Morsa spec'd on the rear needs to be run a little firmer otherwise it does give the impression that there is a "loose rear end". At 215lbs, I would recommend running 25psi in the Goma up front and 30psi in the rear(setup tubeless of course). With the one piece rocker and beefy chainstays, the frame is not flexy.... I encourage you to call the guys at Fat Tire Cycles in ABQ, NM. The guys there are all DH experts and were raving about the Defcon. PM me or @jamisbikes if I can help with answering any questions. I assure you, you won't be disappointed with this ride!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Thank you!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Defcon 3 is ordered !!!

fraid of heights
    +1 "guys at Fat Tire Cycles in ABQ, NM" Nice shop!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    My Defcon 3 arrived and it surpasses any expectations I had, its just burly as hell

Members who have read this thread: 0